Reviews for Raphael Sorel's Endless Warfare
Guest chapter 56 . 11/17/2013
awesome story i love each characters relationship especially raphael's with siegfried and zwei. also Its the weirdest shipping but you actually got me rooting for taki and raphael. lol
Guest chapter 56 . 10/24/2013
This story was so awesome i wish i could accurately describe how awesome it was. i actually hope for a sequel to this sequel.
darkwings13 chapter 54 . 1/28/2013
Actually, I was quite happy with your explanations in this chapter Thalie :D
The one with Zasalamel's explanation about Viola's orb made sense and sounded quite reasonable. Though I'm not sure why Taki was against the idea of destroying Astral Chaos since it would ensure that the swords are destroyed forever.

Anyway, the small banter between Xiba and Natsu was refreshing and very in character and it added a light moment to the battle where death prowled so near. It really helped emphasized their youth and spirit.

There seems to be no effort made with Talim's part. It was curt and it sounded almost like she didn't care about the malfested.

Another good point to this chapter was the dialogue between Siegfried and Raphael. They were light hearted and very amusing as the two talk about getting stoned and struck by lightning together lol. And it's funny to see Raph explain to Siggy about the misunderstanding with Hilde and that he really didn't have a crush or love her. Or else Sieg might duel him to the death for the hands of the fair princess. Anyway, I look forward to the wedding! :D

Also, it's good to hear that discrimination for the malfested has been lessened since Rudolf cared so much about Dumas and his death. Looks like Raphael's role as Dumas did have a bit of a good impact in the end.

The last part with Raphael and Viola enjoying their time stargazing together was nice. I smiled alittle when I read the doll part and especially about the fact that her old doll had a 'dog'. As for age, it is alittle daunting to think about the fact that you might outlive your child. :(
Hopefully, Raph comes to terms with how the aging thing will turn out.
darkwings13 chapter 53 . 1/28/2013
Everything seemed very sudden in this chapter. For ex, Elysium suddenly coming out of Patroklos's Soul Calibur and the sudden arrival of Zasalamel (but don't worry about this one too much. He's a powerful spellcaster after all). Don't know, but I think the confrontation with Patroklos should have been slowed down abit as he fought Zwei and Viola after stabbing Raphael where next, you'll add in hints that Elysium has grown strong enough to take a form outside the sword or something.

In this chapter, half of the characters's quotes were used well and had a good flow to them, because of the situation. But for some other quotes, the strain was obvious.

-Graf Dumas is evil… Graf Dumas caused all this. You're on his side, you're enemies.

Zwei answered him on a determined tone.

-Fine. Time to finish this! You today… Me tomorrow.

It makes no sense as to why Zwei would add in 'You today... Me tomorrow.' And while the battle had alot of action in it, things seemed very crazy. The words exchanged just seems to be a bunch of screaming between the characters, just for the sake of screaming. And with Elysium as the holy incarnate of Soul Calibur, she should have had a regal and icy presence to seem more all-powerful instead of acting like a deranged woman. Vicious, icy cold and wrathful while still bearing a superior and cocky attitude. Some parts do work when she shouted at them in anger for rejecting her salvation though lol.

Some more attention to the setting of the environment would be appreciated. Is the air stagnant with power? How cold and icy is the wind as Elysium appeared? How much chaos was wrecked during the battle? These points will serve to add another touch to your battle sequences.

I just didn't feel any rhythm or flow to this chapter. The only thing that seemed to work was Raphael transformation to Night Terror. The way he crawled towards Soul Edge during the fight and his thoughts as well as the exchange with him and SE were pretty well done.

Also, aspire was used incorrectly. You can't 'aspire' energy because the definition is 'to hope or rise to new heights for a goal. Such as 'he aspired to be a doctor'.
darkwings13 chapter 51 . 1/17/2013
So this was what happened to Viola... Poor thing. :'(
Being stuck in that loathsome tower day in day out with that monster of a man coming to visit her daily must have been hell. And it's sad her plan with the note didn't work out. D:

But now it's all over... I like the ending part of this chapter. "And then he died. Just like I predicted him." Good! Very good! Love the tone!

Only thing I might comment on is the super long paragraphs sometimes lol. Some of them needs to be broken up.
darkwings13 chapter 50 . 1/17/2013
(Wearing a Zwei fangirl shirt) Yea! Go Zwei! I like his part in this chapter. Quite manly as always lol. Strangely enough, the part I was most interested in was Siegfried's part near the end.

But anyway, the battle between Zwei and Nightmare seemed rather anti-climatic and short, despite how the previous chapters emphasized the points leading up to this. I was alittle disappointed on it.

LUCKILY, the part where Nightmare went crazy, along with the firewall was cool. Zwei was so trapped lol.

For the parts with Raph and Viola, I was most fond of their first meeting where she saved him from the soldiers. For someone so alone, it must be nice to have someone talk to you and be grateful to you and calling you a daughter.

Ah... cliffhanger. Oh Siggy... You shouldn't have given Patty Cakes Soul Calibur! D:
darkwings13 chapter 48 . 1/2/2013
I think that the best thing you've done for the Zwei and Viola love part was actually the part where she used her orb to reach his height and give him a kiss. It's a unique thing for Viola and I like how you incorporated it in there ;D
I'm eager for Dumas to actually go on to the battlefield though. He's been watching all this time lol. At least Tira and Pyrrha showed up, so that should be an interesting battle.
Dampierre and his gang are an interesting sidenote to the chapter and I like the rising tension between them and Dumas. What's neat to note is that slowly, Dumas is losing all of his supporters and becoming more and more lonely.
The battle can use alittle more work though. Details on the wounded, how dire the situation is, soldiers dying or panicking would have contributed alot to a more grim and dark atmosphere of the war.
Keyboardsaurus chapter 56 . 12/29/2012
I wasn't that much of a fan of Raphael but that didn't kept me from reading this really well done story from start to finish. It's kind of sad, now that it's over for now. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the near future.

I know this is late to say but Merry Christmas to you too as well as a Happy new year.
Ruby-Blade-Princess chapter 56 . 12/27/2012
Hello!

I really loved how the story came this far!

My apologies for never leaving a proper review until now. I had to deal with some...very troublesome problems...and now I'm halfway across the world with sever jet-lag.

You are a very wondrous writer! And I thank you for writing such wonderful chapters that added some spice to my life when I needed to sit down and relax.
TheFairySylvia chapter 56 . 12/24/2012
I'm sad it's all over, but I'm satisfied with everything.

The wedding was wonderful! Raphael teaching Zwei about etiquette was so funny! It was very in character I have to say, and I like that you keep everyone in character. The wedding was fairly rushed, yes, but don't worry too much about it. I guess describing weddings can be tricky.
Oh Viola...She is just the best! Raphael shall always protect her, just as she will always protect her papa. And it's cute that Raphael threatens to kill Zwei if he makes his little girl unhappy! Raphael will never let them marry awwwww! fathers can be quite protective of their beloved daughters, that's why Raphael is so cute! I'm very happy he has been purified, but to live with the soul edge essence still...It's a tough life, but I know he will always overcome his troubles with his powerful will. But Tira...that ending was quite a mystery, but I like mysteries. Thanks for thanking me and have a merry Christmas and wonderful new year too!
Atrum Ferox chapter 56 . 12/23/2012
Consider this three reviews in one:

CHAP. 54:
-at last raphael is somewhat back to normal & the war concludes. it was interesting to see so many of the soul calibur characters around. also, what a way for raphael to move on with his life by unwittingly faking his own death.

CHAP. 55:
-that was good to see that siegfried & hilde getting married as well as raphael's love-hate relationship with zwei & his undying bond with amy/viola.

CHAP. 56:
-great to see raphael mending broken bridges at last with his brother & even his sister (rather annoying but whatever). poor raphael & amy, they continue to remain malfested at least it has its perks. alas so we finally see patroklos again, finally having a clue & even better to have setsuka around for the final chapter. funny how tira got revived, but now has amnesia despite her indifference of the corpses that she simply ignored & skipped over. hopefully, she won't be too much of a threat to raphael & viola.

aside from some misspellings, you had one heck of a conclusion of the fic. once more, it's been a ride. hope u stayed interested in my work as well despite my writer's block.
Atrum Ferox chapter 53 . 12/22/2012
looks like it's raphael sorel's endless torment! so much went down including the appearance of multiple characters.
TheFairySylvia chapter 52 . 12/17/2012
Poor, poor Amy...all the tragedies she underwent in that damned tower...I knew somehow that orb was the key to her memory.
It really must be part of Soul Edge if only Soul Edge could destroy it, at least that's what I think.

Anyways thank you for updating. I feel bad for Raphael in the end...Will his troubles ever end? Looking forward to chapter 53! And have a great happy holidays, Thalie!
Atrum Ferox chapter 52 . 12/16/2012
a very grim chapter. try ur best to update soon.
l3largus chapter 50 . 12/5/2012
So epic! I was starting to tear up at Raphael and Viola's moment. It's great that Viola regained her memory but I fear the worst for her father and Pyrrha. Thank you for updating today! It made my morning. :D