Reviews for After Love
Mitaya chapter 7 . 3/26/2012
oh god this is so beautifully painful. Your writing is magnificent pictures in my mind and I have to savor each paragraph one by one because it is too much to rush.
dancinggnome chapter 7 . 3/26/2012
Goodness me, I don't even know where to begin. I thought I'd be a good reader and leave a review for each chapter, but got so swept away I didn't stop until now. If I weren't a *some say* soulless person who doesn't cry much at all, I would have worn through a special-offer pack of kitchen roll/other type of tissue by now.

*apologies for impending clich├ęs*

I love your style of writing. It's like watching vivid strokes painting each scene as I read. I hold my breath through certain passages and read the dialogue as per your instructions through the characters. Everything about it feels really raw, in a beautiful way.

...so, what I'm trying to say is that I loved it, and will be here when you get back from your exciting adventures. And thanks for writing.
cantsaymylastname chapter 7 . 3/26/2012
I'll wait while you travel. The beauty of their grief and love combining and ebbing is magical. You continue to astround me. Thank you for this fairy tale. It is stunning.
cantsaymylastname chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
-"and is reminded of wraiths, ghosts so starved by grief they disappeared into the shadows."

- "If I had told you I loved you, would you have stayed with me? Would you have left me alone like this? Would you have taken me with you?"

-"I already know what life was like without you. Life with you can't be much worse now.

-"I destroyed Moriarty. I also destroyed you?"

I could have quoted this whole story it's so poetically magical. You have a way with prose that makes dialogue sing. My heart was breaking while I read this chapter. I have never felt so broken up over two people who love each other but only hurt each other more by being together. You wow me.
Sherlock'sScarf chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
This fic is breathakingly poignant. Lovely, lovely work (as always).
Jodi2011 chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
Their bodies slot into place like waves hugging a coastline, like petals nestled in a rose, the edges of negative and positive space, of emptiness and fullness, of everything and nothing, finally fitting together like home.

booda77 chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
Oh I loved this chapter...everything was so visual and the interplay between Sherlock and John was so sad and sweet at the same time. I especially liked Sherlock describing his time in Tibet...I have a Tibetan Bowl app on my Kindle Fire so I got it out when I was reading that part...take care of life...this story is worth the wait...
Jodi2011 chapter 5 . 3/20/2012
the two of them breathing in each others' sorrow until their mouths are quiet and there is nothing more to say...

indeed, nothing more to say. Sheer brilliance.
thevoicethatunderstandsit chapter 5 . 3/19/2012
Fanfiction has never made me cry before, but I read this with tears rolling down my cheeks. As well-written as many post-reichenbach stories are, this is the only one in which, to me, both John and Sherlock's emotions seem genuine, in character, and tangible. This is beautiful. Thank you x
w84u chapter 4 . 3/18/2012
why, why can't I see the 5th chapter? :-( I got the alert, the story was updated today according to , there are reviews for the 5th chapter already... And yet, can't read it :-(
cantsaymylastname chapter 5 . 3/18/2012
A swarm of words streams past his mouth like bees, their stingers lodging in his mouth. - this sentence. Fabu

This chapter heart breaking. How do you fix a chasm that has been dug for 3 years. You are describing it so vividly. The pain, angst and betrayal. The hopelessness of the one left behind. Grief. Wow.
Skyfullofstars chapter 5 . 3/18/2012
"..."I know. I wanted to tell you. I didn't think you'd understand. I wanted to...please, John. I just..." Sherlock aches to link his mind to John's, transmit his bright, burning fear directly to John's neural net.."

LORD, what a wonderful line here. "bright, burning fear..."

"...Sherlock's words tumble over John like a rockslide, the boulders and pebbles crushing the breath out of him..."

HOw do you DO This? How do you pull exactly the right words in exactly the correct configurations to tear us apart like this?

"..Sherlock cradles John, rocking them back and forth on their ocean of pain, making a boat of his body for him. .."

OKAY, I GIVE UP. I just can't. I don't know how you DO this! Just please don't stop!
Mirith Griffin chapter 5 . 3/18/2012
I've never seen John and Sherlock's viewpoints post-Reichenbach articulated more brilliantly than they are in this chapter. John's anger, confusion, sense of betrayal; Sherlock's desperation, repentance, fear: it's all here. You know this material inside and out, and it shows.

This exchange covers so much: "He had what I needed." "And you didn't need me?"

Also this: "You were a puzzle, John. A walking paradox. Something fine, like a perfect watch or an old violin, and I knew I had to keep you. I had to keep you safe."

ACD was an extraordinary writer, but even he wasn't able to write "The Empty House" in such a way that I can understand why Sherlock did what he did. Why was he amusing himself with the Dalai Lama? John must have been up to his neck in grief. You write Sherlock in such a way that I can feel for him again. He made a decision, it nearly destroyed the person he cares for most, and he realizes that now. You make me feel that there's a path forwards for them. Perhaps there's even the prospect of hard-won, hard-given redemption.

The last paragraph is brutal and beautiful. You are a gifted, gifted woman. Yes.
akuma-river chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
Poor John.

In light of everything he seeks comfort in the Urn and realizes it is the lie, it is false, and destroys and yet quickly gathers it and the ashes up because that is all that has held him up for the past three years.

He's definitely going to need therapy for this. Trust issues, abandonment, will be just the beginning.
cantsaymylastname chapter 4 . 3/11/2012
Breaking the urn was the only choice. He lived with it. Gave it such meaning and care. To find out it was a lie, that he loved and wept and pined for Sherlock when he wasn't inside would be soul breaking. You wrote it so eloquently. My heart is breaking too now.
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »