Reviews for The Ones Who Float
kurushi chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I really don't have words, this was so enjoyable to read, and the ending just made it for me. It's wonderful.
Jazz7 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I really enjoyed this. And I'm glad this was the first Utena fan fiction on this site I read. Your writing is really good, and I liked your descriptions and the way you wrote Nanami and Anthy's character. Thank you for writing this.
gorgeousshutin chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Now THIS is the kinda quality fics that can keep a 14 year old fandom going!

You must write more Utena fics. We fans need you so.
Raven Shinobi chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Wow! Where do I begin?

In terms of characterization you nailed Nanami's petulance and paranoia, and Anthy's creepiness and wicked sweetness were quite spot-on. I really enjoyed their interaction. Chu-Chu was also a nice addition to the fic, and I laughed when Nanami exclaimed at Anthy "You have a pet rat?"

I loved all the references to Nanami's episodes, from the eggs, the beef and the shaved ice part was wonderfully creepy. A wonderful overall that I'm going to add to my favorites :3
Aurora-Borealis Coyote chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Wow, this is a great story. The grotesque imagery contrasts well with the sad confusion going through Nanami's head, so you can feel both unnerved and sympathetic ("Forever, traumatically altered, but all right"). Also I like the way Anthy is shown through Nanami's perspective- strange but wise as if she knows some things she wasn't meant to know.

'Nanami scowled. "Then you're nothing like me. I don't want to be his princess. I don't want to be anybody's princess, or anybody's prince like that weird girl, or a duelist, or anything. I'm sick of it! I threw that ring away because I was so sick of it." Her voice had begun to tremble, and she had to wipe her eyes with the back of her hand. "Why would I want to be a witch?"

"Why wouldn't you? It has nothing to do with duels or Rose Brides or seeking eternity in your coffin; it goes wrong only if you cling to what isn't yours to keep." Anthy's hand extended, palm open. "But it's your choice. We all have choices now. Let's grow up."' - This passage is such a great analysis of both characters.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Excellent. Well written. Brilliant. Awesome :)
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Wow. That was gorgeous. Nanami is awesome,as usual,and anything with Anthy is good in my book!