Reviews for Of Death and Moonbeams (Abridged)
B. G. Kuro chapter 1 . 4/2
I have recently returned to the Twin Peaks fandom after a 22 year hiatus and have had the pleasure of reading the handful of fan fiction that is out there. Your story has truly touched me and your description of both characters is spot on. I do hope you will write more about this show and these characters. Kind Regards - B. G. Kuro
Ethera O chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This story is phenomenal. I've kept the tab open on my computer for like five days, and I've re-read it at least 3 times since then. I keep meaning to close the tab but I just can't bear to. You capture Audrey's innocence and Cooper's reluctance so well, and it never feels gross or weird when they finally get together. I mean, I'm a huge fan of them as a couple, but a lesser writer could make their first time really uncomfortable to read. You make it a delight.

You say this is part of a longer piece you've been sitting on - is there any chance you'll ever write that longer piece? Your writing style is a joy, I'd love to read to see more Peaks stuff written in your voice.

Thank you so much for writing this. I only wish it was longer. :) Fantastic job.
MargotTenser chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I'm speechless - this was amazing. The characterization was spot on perfect - it was wonderfully sensual but went straight to the kindness of both characters. I loved it.
KatieP chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
This was a truly excellent story! You had Cooper and Audrey so right. I hope you write more Twin Peaks fanfiction in the very near future.
J.I. Fevang chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I enjoyed this very much! Thanks for sharing :)
KikiD chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
This was amazing! I absolutely loved it. You should DEFINITELY write more Twin Peaks stuff.
Ronnie Rocket chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Honestly, it is a bit hard for us to form actual words right now - are brains are currently clouded by the AWESOME! - so bear with us, lol.

From beginning to end, this story was an absolute delight to read! Like you, we possess a deep-seated love for Coop and Audrey and know that their characters were fated to be with one another. Therefore, we always do a little dance of joy when we find other people who ship the couple. However, that dance usually doesn't last too long, considering almost everyone who writes about the pairing is more concerned with Audrey's sexiness than her naivety. She is truly the most complex character on the show (coy yet obvious, bold yet timid, wise beyond her years yet immensely childish and optimistic), and other fans seem to miss this point by miles. You, on the other hand, did an absolutely PERFECT job capturing her true character and the vulnerability she shows only to Cooper...it was stunning! For instance, we did a little fangirl polka when we got to the line "...more alluring than the most overt sexual overtones he'd encountered in his life." It was like, FINALLY someone sees this the way we do! You don't need to make Audrey into this ridiculously vamped-up sex kitten for her to appeal to Cooper. That's NOT what he was attracted to. He liked her because she was different from all those types of girl...almost like a completely foreign species of female.

Which brings us to Coop. All we can really say is...Amen on that one girl! You obviously really understand the complex nuances of his character and where he's coming from. Often times, when fans write him, they fail to paint a complete picture; almost like's he's a caricature rather than an actual, complex person. After reading this piece, it was plain and obvious to us that you've read his bio and took the time to map out his decisions based on that information. For instance, brilliant choice to have him be so affected by Leland's death. Even Coop cries, people! He's a human being and that shit was rough!

Overall, I guess what we're trying to say is, "Where's the rest of this story!" We want - nay, need - more! You are a true asset to this fandom and we look so forward to seeing more from you.
Colonel Cooper chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Exquisite. If I could get away with just a one word review - that would be it. But I know I shouldn't, so I'll try and write something else - not sure what else needs to be said, though. You have the 'voice' of Cooper and Audrey absolutely perfectly, thus making their words, their conversation, their subsequent actions, so very real and believable. And the mentions of canonical events from the show are perfect, without being jarring and detrimental to the flow of the story. I particularly love the section where Cooper put Audrey's note into his pocket, over his heart. As I said - exquisite.