Reviews for A Badgers Love
Spazzman29 chapter 12 . 5/26
I personally think it was a mistake to bypass the prophecy and have Ron be the one that killed Voldemort with something as simple as a cut throat. Also Bellatrix would not have been caught unawares either. Ron would never be as powerful as you are portraying him.
Spazzman29 chapter 9 . 5/26
Not a fan of Ginny and Colin being a thing since I think it is a terrible pairing that makes no sense. Other than that I've enjoyed this story so far.
irnzenmonk chapter 15 . 3/18
great story i enjoyed reading it.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 3/1
Very nice. I enjoyed the fact that you included a lot of original ideas in your story. Hannah and Harry are not a pairing that is seen too often, but I liked it.

I thought it was interesting how things changed for the better when Amelia Bones was brought into Hogwarts to deal with Umbridge. It makes me wonder how much of the mess that happened in Harry's fifth year might have been avoided if Dumbledore hadn't insisted on playing his little secretive "games" with Harry's life ... and Snape's and Sirius's, as well. Amelia took away some of those options, and while people did die, it wasn't on the scale in canon.

I will say that Ron made a credible Dark Lord. I guess the potential was always there, in his soul. Too bad ...

Thanks for sharing your story.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 3/1
So much for Trelawney's prophecy that DumDum relied on and used to make Harry's life a living hell. I guess it's been Ron wreaking havoc all over Britain. I kind of suspected he torched the Burrow, and the Chudley Quidditch stadium was a bit of a clue. I wonder if he was mad at them for never winning.

I guess Ron will go down as the new Dark Lord. Well, he always wanted to be famous.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 3/1
"Some people have been asking about what Dumbledore is up to. You'll find out in the next chapter."

Hmm. Out hunting Horcruxes? BTW, I'm wondering if it was Voldemort or Ron who burned the Burrow.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 3/1
A/N: "I didn't see the point in going into detail about the rest of fifth year and all of sixth. Instead, just covering the highlights."

I think that's fine. Besides, with Sirius free and legal, Umbridge and Snape both gone, Dumbledore at school, and most of the DEs either dead or out of commission, it was unlikely that there would be either a raid on the DA or a rescue raid on the DoM in fifth year.

I can see where sixth year would be dull compared to the angsty year of the book. With Ron a fugitive, there wouldn't be all of that Ron-Lavender-Hermione drama clouding Harry's year. With Harry buying his potions book in Diagonal Alley in the summer, there would be no feud with Hermione over the HBP's potions book. With Draco and Dumbledore both out of Hogwarts, there would be no invasion of DEs and no murder plot ... yet.

I'm glad Hermione and Neville seem to have found each other. He is WAY better for her than Ron ever was and will love and treat her as she deserves. Ginny and Colin seem like a good pair, too. Since there are six more chapters, however, I am sadly expecting some more nasty stuff to happen. I just hope none of the good guys die.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 3/1
Whoa, this is a dark chapter. I could see Malfoy firing a dark curse, but not Ron. Actually, that isn't true, now that I consider it. Ron's irrational jealousy of Harry, at least over the past two years, is really more like hatred. It reminds me of the tenth commandment about not coveting things that belong to our neighbors. I have always been taught that the kind of covetousness to which it refers is essentially wanting someone dead or out of the way, in order to have what he has.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 3/1
As glad as I am to see her get what she deserved, I wish Amelia had been the one to hand it to her. Perhaps, though, Fudge will start checking Ministry employees now.

Bummer about the DEs being freed, the Dementors following Voldemort, and the Aurors being murdered. Nice teaser, though ... I hope the whole thing backfires in Voldy's noseless face.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/1
Poor Neville. Now Harry has something else for which to feel guilty - breaking Neville's heart. And while it isn't his fault, Neville truly is getting the the dirty end of the stick. I think kids need to know about contracts when they enter Hogwarts in order to guard their hearts. If Neville had known Hannah was under a contract, he probably never would have allowed himself to entertain feelings for her. I just hope it doesn't spoil any potential friendship with Harry, because Neville is a good guy. Ron, on the other hand, is a jerk. He's a liability to Harry, IMHO. Perhaps Hermione should look to Neville as a potential mate. He would value her in a way Ron is unable to do, and he is quite a lovable guy!
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/1
Umbridge needs to watch her temper. In addition to incriminating herself, she has also spilled the beans on other crimes and implicated the Minister. Tut! Tut! That's not the way to win friends and influence people.

Dumbledore has a lot of nerve trying to make Harry feel guilty about talking to others instead of telling him about Umbridge. I'm curious ... How many think he would have done anything anyway? Not me! He's just ticked because now Amelia knows things he has been trying to keep hidden. With one interview, I'm betting Bones is able to do more than DumDum has done since Harry started deserving "hazardous duty" pay for attending Hogwarts. I hope so, anyway.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/1
"Was it something I said?" asked Martin. ROTFLOL! Perfect!

I wonder if the adults will actually be able to do anything about Umbridge and the blood quill. I hope so, because I love stories where the Pink Toad truly gets justice. Now Mr. Abbott just needs to fill in Harry on the betrothal contract. I wonder if Dumbledore knew about it and tried to conceal it. What will HIS reaction be?
ProfessorPedant chapter 15 . 2/7
Fun. And a believable Dark Ron
hogwartsfan1 chapter 3 . 1/26
very interesting and rather humorous
LWJ2 chapter 15 . 10/14/2015
I did enjoy this. Heh. Out of the mouths of babes and children comes the Queen's Evidence. Snicker. Wrong sky faint. Thanks for sharing your story.