Reviews for Hearts Teathered
Centuri Eagle chapter 8 . 6/20/2013
OH MY GOSH! I am sorry I didn't read this earlier! A fight fic! ...and it's Shay vs. John no less. So...unexpected! What a treat!

That was good! You handled the hand-to-hand stuff very smoothly.

As far as the portrayal of Season 1/2 Shayera, well...the only problem is there wasn't enough of it. I mean, you start of with John's thoughts and then the rest of the story you switch back and forth between their perspectives. I would have preferred you concentrated more on just one or the other...and as you seemed to want us to review you on Shayera's characterization it would have been better if you had emphasized her more.

As a matter of fact, what was missing was a more in depth look at her deeper thoughts. It was almost as if you were writing this trying to avoid giving away any spoilers...which of course isn't necessary since anyone reading JL Animated fanfic...ESPECIALLY anyone reading John/Shay fics...would pretty know what happens in the end. Instead of flirting around the edge of her early annoyance with GL I think it is okay/proper to mention the important things that MUST have been going through her mind, like: angst about keeping up her espionage deceptions/activities, concern about Thanagar, Hro and the war her planet is in, and of course a strong and real attraction/connection with a man she should NOT even be thinking about.

Still, it is one of the most enjoyable things I have seen written...if just for it's uniqueness; I've never seen a training fight between those two in a story before. You get props just for that!

Take care and thanks for the story.
Luna12 chapter 8 . 2/25/2013
I like your portrayal at this time period. She was more gruff and aggressive in the early episodes. I assume it wads a mixture of isolation, not wanting this assignment on Earth, and general uneasiness masked as irritation while she proved herself.
Luna12 chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Super awesome one-shot. I love the bittersweet tone. It fits the characters and the relationship perfectly.
Luna12 chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Very nice piece. You get inside the characters very well.
Luna12 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I'm curious if the animated DC Universe changed Detroit. I am from there and it is worse than Gotham for crime and poverty. It's a dead city. Nothing happens after dark. People are not particularly friendly. Only a few select ethnic neighborhoods have comradeship.

Otherwise, I enjoy your writing and seeing the lighter, angst-free times of their relationship.
NujabesebajuN chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
I loved the pre-JLU GL/HG relationship, there was so much flirty tension between the two and you captured it perfectly, I can't wait to read your next one.
ShiyaHawk chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
I thought their characterization was on the money. You definitely got her pre-JLU attitude down and John was spot on as well.

Hehe, John gets to do double monitor duty. :P
Loki's Son chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
Ah, the good ol' days. You're interpretation of Shayera is as marvelous as ever. It''s good to see her at her feisty best before the emotional beating she took in JLU. More! I demand more! :)
Loki's Son chapter 7 . 2/15/2013
A touchingly tender moment in their reconciliation. I get the feeling a barrier was finally broken here. The barrier formed during Starcrossed. As you alluded to, they'd been drawing closer for a time now but this seems to be when they finally surrendered to their hearts...again.

Of course, all us true believers are cheering! :)
ShiyaHawk chapter 7 . 2/15/2013
Aw that was so sweet. I loved it! _ They truly are two ends of the universe coming together.
hfce chapter 6 . 12/10/2012
I love these little snippets of John and Shayera. Keep them coming.
Loki's Son chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
I didn't know a GL power ring could do that. Who'da thunk it? That's what I get for missing all of Geoff Johns' run on the series.

I really enjoyed this look into Shayera's past and her symbolic connection to the flowers. THe insights into her past are always appreciated and richly layered.
May Yuki chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
*headesk* I must thank you, you just gave me some more ideas for my story. Is it safe to say that we are giving each other ideas through our stories now?

Haha, normally, I'm not into fluff. But, I knew you would give me ideas so I read the chapter. Should probably go read this from the beginning for more ideas :p
Guest chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Great chapter. You do really awesome work! Keep it up.
bioteacher chapter 5 . 8/5/2012
Great chapter. It reminds me of conversations I had with my parents as to why people would care about skin color when I was little. Kids get it in many ways. I love the details about Shayera and shopping, the wings that Rex wore, and that last line - beautiful. I love John's don't bother me when I'm putting together this crazy bed! attitude (and very like a man - concentrating on one thing, but also not wanting to admit too much how much of a pain those directions are).