Reviews for Sixty Years
Ravenhold Ivy chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Your words are magic! You have portrayed how eternity would feel to someone of feeling. Knowing the world goes by with only a fleeting grasp on you. Who would have thought that the one fleeting hold it caught of GLaDOS is the one thing she cares for most? You have shown that caring is something everything of feeling does. Even GLaDOS. And the end has shown what caring turns to if you live beyond that which you care for.
This story it beyond compelling.
Silverstreams chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Ahhh it's so interesting that time could pass so quickly for GLaDOS. As a supercomputer, I would think that stopping and thinking about something would take but seconds, but I also like how she can just be so deeply in thought that a year passes. It makes sense; she has no use for keeping the time.

I like this comparison: " Today she is, as she was yesterday and tomorrow, a mere ring in the enormous chain of Scienceā€¦"

I never really considered it, but time would flow a lot differently for someone who can live forever. And ahhhhh I love how she remembers Chell and how her memories first slip back in.

Oh noooooo don't crash, GLaDOS. Ugh it is so tragic and sad and yet perfect that this happens exactly sixty years later.
Faux Promises chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
I definitely like that you took the memory topic with GLaDOS and made a short of it. It's occurred to me many times, and someone fascinated with both the idea of consciousness and with the way computers function. I can't help but think that GLaDOS would keep a memory fresh and vivid forever. After all, the only reason humans begin to forget things is because our brains are of limited capacity, and gradually the details of a particular event will usually become fuzzier as the brain ages.

GLaDOS, however, will always remember her negative memories. My catch when I write her is that I think she would remember positives with equal vividness. But in this situation you have here she doesn't have much meaning in her life once Chell leaves, science just can't fill that area of GLaDOS that has developed very humanlike emotions.

Anyway, fantastic job.

Best wishes,

-FP
Her Little Doll chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
This is beautiful. I love your portrayal of GLaDOS's emotions- they seem very real and in character. This oneshot is poignant and perfect.
DabblesInDrabbles chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
i really enjoyed the flow of this story! excellent job! :)