Reviews for The Life He Almost Had
Go Outside chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
Very sweet :)
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
Awesome! This is really cute - it's what should have been! Gah, after reading this, I'm even more sad for canon Hagrid. But seriously, this is great. :)
justsaying chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
On harry potter wikia page it stats her last name is warren
InterdimensionalHitchhiker84 chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Myrtle is a type of flower, so I'd assume that it had something to do with that. I'd never thought about how powerful making that pig's tale was before. I should have thought of that. And I thought the ending was really cute.
Larry Huss chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Your story is actually more reasonable than the vaguely described Canon events, good work.

I had the thought: predicated on the way that Tom R already has a Horcrux.

Outraged at Riddle's taunting the young half-giant lashed out with his fist, empowered with anger. There was a horrid crunch sound as Riddle's skull was smashed in, and the handsome boy fell to the floor. Dismayed at what he had done Hagrid carried the body down to the Infirmary, where the Headmaster, and the boy's head of House quickly appeared to try to learn what had happened.

Learning from the Matron, and observing the damage themselves, the two educators had no doubt that the seemingly usually placid Hagrid had in fact committed murder, no matter what his tearful and stumbling explanation might have been trying to get to.

It was at that time that a cry from the Matron riveted all of their attention onto Fiddles corpse. To their astonished eyes the crumpled skull bones began to resume their regular position and firmness, the torn skin healed itself, and the beautiful eyes of the youth fluttered and opened.
"Ohhh, I've got a bloody nasty headache." Riddle said. Then, pointing a finger at the other student in the room he cried out: "That lummox assaulted me, he's a menace. Oh, and remember he's in charge of the Basilisk too!"

"What Basilisk?"asked Headmaster Dippet. "No one has mentioned a Basilisk till now, not even in your initial report on young Hagrid."

Riddle's eyes flicked back and forth, evidently it wasn't wise to start scheming right after you came back from the dead."Ah... just found the evidence, it's right down in my room, I'll just pop down and get it, won't be a minute."

Riddle hopped off the gurney, and made rapid progress toward the exit. Professor Dumbledore reached out to restrain the student; the events of the last few moments were too strange to be ignored for a later date. Catching the advance of his most hated teacher out of the corner of his eye Riddle whirled and released a powerful Cutting Curse, slashing open Professor Dumbledore's arm.

Thought surprised, Headmaster Dippet managed to immobilize Riddle with a snapped out Full Body Bind spell.
"I think we'll all stay here until Albus' arm is healed, and we have a little talk, won't we Mr. Riddle?"

And a very illuminating talk they had, indeed. While a talented, and even precociously knowledgeable young wizard, Tom Riddle was not even nearly able to keep the Headmaster of Hogwarts and the most talented of its Professors from getting to the bottom of the current situation.

Forty years on into serving a life sentence in Azkaban prison Tom Riddle (prisoner # 68341) wondered if it might have been wiser to have informed them about what a Horcux did to a person's lifespan, if they were very, very, unlucky. -Finis.

Of course, if Tom doesn't have a Horcrux yet, Hagrid gets hard time, but a lot of grief for others is avoided.

yrs Larry Huss
Bleucollar chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
What a lovely tale...more please?
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I agree. Hagrid had a lot of potential. Damn Tom Riddle just had to ruin everything!
Lulu V chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I am so happy Hagrid got his happy ending.
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Great story, and a really fantastic idea. Cute and sweet, it was very heart warming. Great job!
Mai Ascot chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Hagrid... how we love you ;) (Where his grandkids giant as well?)
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I like :) I do think Hagrid had a lot of potential, and it's nice to see what he could have achieved. And this was actually plausible, considering Dumbledore's mistrust of Riddle.

I really liked all the little nods to canon too, like Norberta, and a red-headed apprentice.

I think acromantula only has one c though.

I liked it, well done :)