Reviews for All the Old Familiar Places
Alpha Flyer chapter 11 . 3/4/2012
"It was so quiet she could almost hear her heart breaking." I love what you are able to do with a single line.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
Such a poignant yet sad drabble :(

I remember "Course: Oblivion" and the moments of death that we saw in the episode: B'Elanna, Chakotay and Janeway, and they all tore my heart out.

This really drives the emotion home for me, especially B'Elanna thinking about how she needs Tom and her last thoughts about 'till death do us past' just broke my heart.

Lovely job :')

Hummingbird2 chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
Very powerful (and I agree with you about Jadzia's death scene), thank you.
Hummingbird2 chapter 9 . 3/3/2012
I know that 'Course: Oblivion' isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really like that episode. And this is fantastic, thank you!
Alpha Flyer chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
Lovely and sweet. And I am waiting - breath already catching in my throat - for what you will do with the second part ...
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
How very adorable :3 I never really considered there to be a father/daughter sort of relationship between Chakotay and B'Elanna, but I like that and it works here.

I think too that this sort of scenario makes sense for Chakotay being the leader of his Maquis crew and caring for them, kind of in the same way Janeway does for her Voyager crew (and am I only the one who thought there was little, itty bitty J/C subtext there?).

Lovely job :)

Hummingbird2 chapter 8 . 3/1/2012
*Sigh* Warm and lovely, thank you.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 8 . 3/1/2012
How very sweet.

Your descriptions in this are beautiful and vivid, and I love that such a brief moment of remembrance brings a smile to B'Elanna's face.

It's a nice contrast as well, the bitterness of the situation with the sweetness of the food; it works well in this.

Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 7 . 3/1/2012
I just read through all of these drabbles, and I have to say how very impressed I am with them. You wrote B'Elanna's character beautifully and this has to be some of the best introspection I've read :)

I like how you connect all her inner feeling to the situations she's encountering on Voyager, especially in relation to how her father left when she was little. You also capture her anger, frustration and pure, raw pain and hurt very beautifully.

These are lovely, and I look forward to more.

Hummingbird2 chapter 7 . 3/1/2012
That was incredibly well written, thank you.
Alpha Flyer chapter 7 . 2/29/2012
A devastatingly perceptive snapshot of depression. Well done.
CrlkSeasons chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
The wind provides a fitting analogy for the uncontrollable confusion of losses facing B'Elanna, the loss of her father's love, the loss of her friends and the loss of her ability to trust any love offered to her by others.
CrlkSeasons chapter 5 . 2/28/2012
'So B'Elanna Torres would pay.'

It makes sense that B'Elanna would feel the need to strike out to avenge her friends, and perhaps also to perform a kind of penance for not having been with them when they died.
Hummingbird2 chapter 3 . 2/27/2012
Excellent, thank you!
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
"A tear was a precious thing, a thing unknown but to the most trusted." Essence of B'Elanna, and pure poetry. Lovely.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »