Reviews for The Art of Drowning
Ctf20 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
can i just say ... YES, we should have got some CPR :)

enjoyed this one!
lipamo chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
what a great scenes! oh i would have loved them to be in the episode. so deep and so real, castles reactions and actions, soo good!
the frenchie chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Wow, it is so beautiful...I wish it was longer, now that your story is over, I'll catch the first plane to NYC and go drown myself in the Hudson

Beautifully written, I'll read more stories of yours, for sure :)
Acrylate chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
For some reason, I have to make new ID, so I have to follow all my great fic writers once again. I love drowning and CPR, please write beautiful story again. Thank you for the lovely story
Vincentia the Shiny Mew chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I love the idea of my fave char trapped underwater and his beloved ones heroicly save him and do CPR. But, I don't like suffering. So I love your story. I hope many fic writers write those kind of stories.
iSkematic chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Thank you! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought that there should have been something between the scenes in that episode. It always makes me think about how much is left on the cutting room floor because of time.

It was a very interesting take on Kate's state of mind. I never thought of that. I never pictured her as one to give up and want the peace that that kind of release could give. She is this indomitable character that we see week after week. But there is a point that every person reaches when they just want to scream "I'm tired!" or "Just let me rest!" or "Haven't I done enough?!". You've show us another facet to Beckett's psyche that we haven't seen in the show. Well done!

Guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
You are amazing. Your stories are amazing. Your authors notes and disclaimers are amazing. Please keep writing- especially the scenes that should be in the shows. Thanks.
katriaine chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This should have been in the episode.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
JESSSSIEEEEEEE! (I have the right person this time. But if not I also have free Internet to fix my mistakes.)

His lips. - And I'm done. This is clearly all I need from a story.

There's the space of a heartbeat when she's aware only of them, of the cold hard press of them against her own mouth. It's not enough, not enough to warm her; she wants the slick slide of his tongue against hers, she wants his fingertips skating over her stomach. And then she thinks he might understand, because his hands are pressed between her breasts and oh, ouch. - This is so beautifully written. Clearly I need to eat YOUR brain so I can get your mad writing skillz.

the spiders of pain and awareness radiating out from her sternum - Love the image his conjures up.

Consciousness yanks at her, cobbles together sounds, a breathe and a goddamnit Kate, and she doesn't want any of it, the pain in the voice, the hurt in her chest, she just wants to go back. - Seriously. Your sentences are so goddamn gorgeous I want to cry.

she needed him to breathe but she needs her space, now, needs him to move away. - SHE DOES NEED HIM TO BREATHE BECAUSE HE'S LIKE AIRRRRRRR AND SHE'S ALL IN LOVE WITH HIM AND SHIT.

He laughs, this rumble near her chest that's somehow not filled with all the relief it should be. "I'll buy you a new one. I'll buy you a fleet of new ones." - OMG he can because hes so fucking rich and he would cause he loves her and I HAVE A LOT OF EMOTIONS ABOUT FAKE PEOPLE!

His voice is laced with such agony that she wants to respond, but she can't, can't find the words for that sense of absolution, of boundless peace, that rushed through her as the water closed over her head. He won't understand that suddenly she didn't need to release the seatbelt, didn't want to burst out the window. He'll be safe, she remembers thinking as the world and all its futures unfurled in the cold water and she was weightless, full of hope and possibilities. - How Meredith Grey of her lol.

He runs his hand over her wet hair, over her cheek, until she quiets - I wish we had seen that. I need him to comfort her next season.

"I was under the water for a minute. I found the gun. I shot out the window. You were already unconscious. I still had air to shoot your seatbelt out. Untangle you from it. Get you out of the driver's seat. Swim thirty feet to the surface with you." She can't tell if his cheeks are wet or if he's crying. She's never heard this low vibrato to his voice, this resonating combination of anger and desolateness that seems to well up from the depths of his chest. - Oh god. His poor heart.

Her throat works, but she can't, can't form a denial because she doesn't know what's happened, doesn't know what to blame. His face is only inches from hers. His eyes are alight with this horrible, frustrated kind of love that is too much. - This. You just evoke so much emotion.

They almost died, but they didn't, and now they have work to do. - Thank god we're over this torture.

can't deal with his constant tattoo on the shell of peace she keeps trying to build - Jesus fucking Christ. How. How did you write this line which might be the most amazing, beautiful thing I've ever read.

"I'm about to take a bath," she says as she yanks the door open. He blinks, taken aback, and she's immediately sorry. The culmination of these past few days have been harder on him than on her - Sophia's betrayal and death, the sudden specter of his father.

He swallows, jaw clenching. "I should probably stay, then," he says. - my babies. STOP THE MADNESS!

"You know it's a bad week when your former muse and lover tries to shoot you in the head and start World War Three and that's not even the biggest betrayal," he says. - OUCH. With the little extra string of muse and lover.

He walks over to her couch, sinks onto it, rests his elbows on his knees and drops his head to his hands. The curl of his neck and back is so desolate that it pulls at her, draws her over, and she folds down next to him. He drops his hands, stares straight ahead. "I close my eyes and every time I see you unconscious in that car, staring vacantly out the windshield. Looking dead." - This hurts me so much. Because he thought he lost her again but this time she didn't fight and I hate you.

"My mom's case. Us. It's just like drowning. You fight to find a killer or you fight to break down a wall, but you get so tired. And there's this peace that you can find, in the spaces when you can ignore someone shot you in the chest, when you can pretend that you're happy platonically."

"Or when the water closes up over your head," he murmurs, tugging on her arm, her knee, rotating her body into his as he turns to her so that their legs are pressed together and his arm is on hers. - I can't even handle you. I want to bow down.

He leans in and brushes his lips against hers, cool and hot and dry and light instead of the cold, hard desperation of before, and she thinks that maybe it might work, if he keeps kissing her like this, that maybe, for a time, she can find her bubble of peace and absolution somewhere other than the green and quiet water at the bottom of a river. - Amazing. Seriously I'm in awe of you.
duckys-dream chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Ok, so, you need to get a job writing for this show coz you always manage to write the missing scenes that absolutely should have happened.

Yes, do that. I'll write you a reference!

Or did happen but are missing, obviously, or they wouldn't be "missing" scenes.

Or...or not, that's ok too, maybe I'll just keep reading here instead. That works too. :)

Dark and scary but still with enough warmth that I probably won't check under my bed for monsters.

Your spoken dialogue is awesome. Your inner dialogue is awesome. Your little bubble of storyland is awesome.
student chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I totally agree with you that there was a CPR scene missing in that episode!
nixer chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Cool, I thought I'd reviewed this already. I agree 100% that is was ridiculous for them to deny us a CPR scene. It was a blatant and extreme omission from the time-line, and I don't see what it would have hurt. Beckett would probably have brushed it off quickly, and they would have been back to normal in a moment. And it was unrealistic how quickly she stopped fighting and seemed to fall unconscious. It was inconsistent with her character. This is as good an explanation as any. I actually thought Pandora/Lynchpin was the best 2 parter so far - apart from this missing scenescene and the "look at the whole picture!" (wow! we're the CIA and we'd never thought of that!) revelation. As always this is well written, and I can understand Castle's anger, and Beckett's weak attempts to distract him and lighten the mood. I can even understand her explanation of giving up, though I think without knowing Castle was going to make it it's less likely she would have felt a sense of peace. Still, excellent as always.
baterista9 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Jillian Casey just referred me to your stories. Remind me to thank her!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2012

Good gracious that line made my heart hurt! Love this story. What a great intro, too. I liked that a lot.

This was a great story. TOTALLY agree that some CPR action was sorely lacking from that episode!

"You were dying in my arms again."

That line made me groan out loud for him. How totally heartbreaking can you get? I just loved it. Does that make me a bad person? :)

Anyways, this was fantastic. An
actuallyido chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I agree with every word of your author's note at the beginning. The least they could've given us was a cpr scene. Anyway, thank YOU for giving us that. The description was well-worded and beautiful. Especially the scene later in her apartment, i loved that. Very easy to believe it could've actually happened!