Reviews for The Chronicles of the Aura Knights
CamCon97 chapter 22 . 6/17
You think you're lazy and unproductive? Look at me! I haven't posted a new chapter in eight months!
Besides, "you've been busy of late, my old friend."
Jack Storm 448 chapter 22 . 6/17
I have to admit, this chapter was worth the wait; John has always been the strong, capable one. But now, with these 'shadow games', John is completely out of his element; and now even Blaziken has deserted him. From here thing can either get better, or much, much worse; I look forward to seeing how it plays out.
Imperator Justinian chapter 22 . 6/17
Well, this was more filler than anything else, but Blaziken still left John (without much buildup), so I suppose it will do. Though, this chapter did cause me to raise an eyebrow on more than one occasion; for example, you refer to Verdanturf as Vandturf, and there's also the matter that you use the term 'eighteen summers-old' for John, but then use 'fifty years' to refer to one of the builders. Then there's the fact that there isn't really any instances of you actually showing how the King's advice is bad or not, so we're left clueless on whether or not Blaziken is justified or not. So, while I'm glad to see you updated, I would advocate taking a bit more time to address those (somewhat minor) problems.
dashboardgecko chapter 21 . 1/20
An interesting chapter. I'm looking forward to how you decide to continue this marriage issue.

I am still wondering what really happened to Ghestis. For some reason I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of him. Admittedly I've never played Pokemon Black/White, but I am in the know enough to recognize the name. There's Sabrina too, but I've been wondering if she's based off the gym leader or just a name you picked?

On a side note, I've always wondered why you never had the Pokemon in your story being named. Personally I like giving my Pokemon nicknames, or at the very least the ones I liked the most. It's one of the things that irked me about the anime, honestly. Pokemon always seemed to have intelligence on par with humans', so I always figured that Pokemon would prefer to have names, rather than being referred to by their species. I'm sure they would have their own names, even if it's in Pokemon speak, but they might at least prefer a human-pronounceable name to distinguish themselves with.

But that's about it. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Imperator Justinian chapter 21 . 1/19
Personally I feel this would have been best having been joined with the previous chapter being as both are so short and somewhat transitory, but I'm just happy to see this updated. Anyways, the three year anniversary of this story will be in nearly one month, though I am not certain you will be finishing it by then, but it's a fanciful thought. But I truly can't wait to see this story finished, for a multitude of reasons, chief among them being that this was one of the stories that inspired me to pick up writing and I am fully intent on watching this story come to a satisfying conclusion.
Jack Storm 448 chapter 21 . 1/19
I must say, it's about time; and yet, I'll be sorry to see it ended once and for all. This story was, by all rights, one of the best I've read; I'm on the edge of my seat for this final arc. Although, in all honesty, the cliffhanger really is no excuse; and it doesn't have one either.
dashboardgecko chapter 20 . 10/28/2014
Woo, finally getting around to reviewing! Sorry for the lateness, but I had a family function to attend.

This chapter would probably make more sense to me if I'd actually played Ruby or Sapphire... This is a town in Hoenn, isn't it? Luckily I'm aiming to fix that within the next month!

I actually knew that factoid about eggs! Though, I thought it was supposed to be the membrane along the egg's shell, not the whites? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Anyway, good work on the chapter! I look forward to seeing what happens next!

Imperator Justinian chapter 20 . 10/25/2014
Ah, so things are coming to a close soon. This chapter was a good balance of morose and joyful, naturally both would occur after everything that had just happened and you captured it perfectly, if not a bit short (though at least I can breath a sigh of relief knowing that I did not join in the conspiracy to occupy you with betas). Regardless, I really look forward to the next chapter.
Jack Storm 448 chapter 20 . 10/25/2014
I can't even remember the last time you updated this story, but I have no doubt that you'll make up for the wait. Personally, I can remember the bulk of the main plot-points, but I may have to go back and re-read a few chapters to really get my head back in it. In any event, I look forward to seeing where the story progresses from here.

Ps: I did not know that about the eggs; however, I'm certainly not going to go burn myself in order to try it out, so I'll have to take your word for it.
Imperator Justinian chapter 19 . 6/25/2014
I'm not really sure what to think about this chapter. It was well written, it just didn't really capture my attention. Though I did like the banter between Richard and Blaziken. Oh, and I do apologize for backing you up even more.
dashboardgecko chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
I really like chapters like this. As someone who's a bit of a casual history buff, I enjoy learning about things like this. I find that hearing about simple things like fording a river.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of this story unfolds, though I should probably go back and reread the first few chapters one of these days... About how many chapters do you think there are left in it?

Jack Storm 448 chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
Well, I'm glad that you're updating again; I was getting worried. I'm usually fine with a little character building, but you've already built these characters; a chapter like this, while a nice break from the action for some, is somewhat redundant in some ways. Not to mention, short. Oh well; I look forward to the return of the action, and the approaching finale.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 18 . 5/20/2014
Very much enjoyed. I've been a bit behind on my reading, so I'm glad I finall caught up with this. A very interesting development.
dashboardgecko chapter 18 . 4/8/2014
Good chapter! Like I said before, I certainly need to go back and reread the earlier chapters; I just can't remember all the stuff that happened earlier, it's been so long
Jack Storm 448 chapter 18 . 4/8/2014
Well, that was a surprise twist, to say the least; this chapter really portrays what it portrays, and portrays it well. I actually started getting panicked near the middle. It's just too bad that the peace and tranquility had to be interrupted so violently, so soon after everyone thought that the crisis of war was over.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter, and I look forward to the next one. Keep up the good work.