Reviews for The Elliptical Threads
SunnyCitrus10 chapter 38 . 3/29/2012
Your disclaimers are always so creative. I'm glad Leonard is not as afraid of Beverly anymore. And I'm glad Liesel helped to soften her up a bit. I'm glad Sheldon is acting more himself research wise. And it's nice to see Sheldon and Raj working together again. I can't wait for the wedding.
Aussie SciFi Tragic chapter 38 . 3/29/2012
LOL! Thank you for this Part. Loved Leonard's mother turning up. Superb. Really made for a great dinner.
Sanctuarywilliam101 chapter 38 . 3/28/2012
It turned out like I thought it would. Only I was thinking it would be Penny not Lisel. Who would stand up to her and get her to see Leonard for who he is and what he has become.

Kevin
Pinkie the Butt-Hurter chapter 38 . 3/28/2012
Can't wait for the next one! So put it up fast. Or. Else. Haha, messing with ya Teddy!
Kid Macy chapter 37 . 3/28/2012
Crater Lake Lodge-Room 71

January ? 2025

Hey, what's that racket? Who's playing the piano? At this hour? Don't they know what time it is?

I'm trying to sleep. (Anything to escape this hell-hole my mom threw me down-even if only in my dreams)

Oh, it's you, Lisel! You play the piano? You play like an angel. Could we hear some Chopin? He loved Paris. Liisa must have been very talented. You certainly didn't get your musical ability from your father. Believe me, we've heard him play the cello. No one's confusing that guy with Yo Yo Ma.

Raj, it looks like good news-bad news for you. And speaking of the bad news, Leonard, you're bringing back a burned-out, OCD has-been to gin up donations at Cal Tech? Brilliant, but Stuart will be crushed. My mom's boss says that reminds him-he's never making another donation to his college ever again.

And...Well, well, well...look who decided to disapparate right into the City of Light. It's Mommy Dearest. No problem, just find her a bottle and one of the hotel busboys-she'll behave. But remember Leonard, no wire hangers, ever!

(And speaking of mothers, Mom, I've tried to be a good daughter all these years-how could you abandon me to these monsters? She's in the kitchen cooking me a hot breakfast as I'm writing this. Last night she washed my clothes, talked to me about the Prom, helped me with my math homework and ran lines with me for the play. And him! He's actually making me go to first period today. He's driving me to school! I'm mortified!)

Oh, Jacquelyn just came in from the other room. She's been on the phone with the president of USC. That poor guy didn't know what hit him. The bottom line is we'll let them know my plans when we're good and ready-and they'll be lucky to have me. She's the sweetest person in the world, but she can be tough when she needs to be. I'm glad.

She told me to stop writing and get to class now-even if I'm riding with "him". I'm done.

Oh, and Frederic, your mom wants you to call her when you have time today. I don't think you're in trouble, but...you never know!
Sanctuarywilliam101 chapter 37 . 3/27/2012
Having Leonards mother come. Now that I did not see coming. Good twist.

Kevin
Aussie SciFi Tragic chapter 37 . 3/27/2012
You know, I have always thought families should be at weddings, even if the relationships are strained. I am glad Leonard's mother will be there. Love that actress too. Glad to see Sheldon excited at the new challenge. I wonder if this was something he had hoped for, going back, and this gave him the pretense opportunity to return. So he could retain his dignity. Was that science mumbo jumbo authentic? LOL! I like seeing how Howard has 'grown' but we all know that happens in a guy's 30s. LOL! OMG! Would you have Raj resettle in Leonard's building? That wou keep his friends close. It's special when long lost 'best times' can be recreated to that extent. Memories and feelings can be som of the best parts o someone's life. : ).
Sanctuarywilliam101 chapter 36 . 3/27/2012
It shows how Leonard is still the problem solver for his friends.
Aussie SciFi Tragic chapter 36 . 3/27/2012
Thanks for another great Part. Feel for Raj but Sheldon shocks me. Where's his 'change management' skills? One can have a routine at home but work demands change adaption. I guess if his dinner routine is any indication he would prefer to be back in the US although Britain is a great place. Poor Raj. I guess after the freedom he had in the US India must be smothering. I hope he can put Bombay behind him and recover his love of life. I wonder if Priya may harbour similar views? After all she can't of gone to Leonard with family permission. Please keep the story going!
Kid Macy chapter 36 . 3/26/2012
January ** 2025

Crater Lake Lodge-Room 71

What a beautiful sunset today. I love this place more and more each day. I love Jacquelyn more and more,too. Last night we looked at Page One of her photo album again. She was a bit sad. Actually, we both were. I'll tell you about it another time, if you want to hear the story.

Jacquelyn is better now-in the next room talking to Henry Clark-says he's nice, funny too. I wouldn't know, they're speaking French. I took Latin in school. Might as well have taken Klingon. Klaus called, but he was cut off. Good.

Howard and Bernadette checked in, but only for minute- must be busy-a lot to do in Paris, I guess.

They did ask me about Pasadena and USC. Still not sure-I think I want it, but I'm confused(and to be honest,scared).

And then there's my wife's boss-don't get me started.

Too late-I'm started (Mom, how could you leave me with them? I hate you!)

Tantrum over-I just read Chapter 36.

Ladies, ladies, please stop begging! And Leonard, you're not conducting the Parisian equivalent of a papal audience. If you want to help Raj and his sister, fine, but Sheldon deserves something completely different.

Let me help. Now, where's that iPhone -

Hello Kevin, it's me. No I don't want to talk to you! Please put your boss on the line... Now! What's that? I don't think so. Remember, Kevin, I still have your hard drive.

Hi Stuart, this is Macy. How was the RISD reunion? Depressing? I'm shocked.

Look, I'm sorry about those things I said about you earlier in the story. No hard feelings? Hey, did you know that one of Leonard's patents revolutionized laser hair restoration? Think about it.

Stuart, I'm calling about a job. No,no,no... not for me. Hey, do you still sell those Wonder Woman costumes? You do? Then you will never see me set foot in your store. Ever.

No, I'm calling about your old friend, Sheldon. Yes, you were Friend Number 8 or 9 on his list, I think. His wife, Amy, you remember her? Didn't you like her? She wants to bring the family back to California. She's angling to get him his old job back at Cal Tech, but I think his future is in retail. I work retail part-time after school. You know, Sheldon has a lot better people skills than most of my co-workers. Plus, Stuart, you really need to meet someone. Think of the great opening line you'd have. "Hi, I'm Stuart. I own a comic book store. My clerk just won the Nobel Prize. Want to stop by sometime and meet him?"

Stuart, you know I'm right. A great author recently wrote "that person is out there, just don't try to change them"

You know, I wonder if anyone else is out there looking for someone...hmmmmm

********************

Frederic, I just talked to my mom. She says hello. She also says to call your mom. We know you will.

Good night from my western winter wonderland.
SunnyCitrus10 chapter 36 . 3/26/2012
I had no idea Sheldon was so broken. I hope Leonard can help Raj and Sheldon. Wow. Shamy has sex, but that last part about his orgasms was a doozy. Was not expecting that at all.
Pinkie the Butt-Hurter chapter 36 . 3/26/2012
First off, smooth response to Mr. Prady! Secondly, FIX THEM BOY! And get a move on it!

Nikia
Big Fans chapter 35 . 3/26/2012
We 're enjoying Paris and the reunion.

Garth hopes Harry and Princess Miley will be very happy.
Sanctuarywilliam101 chapter 35 . 3/25/2012
Their all coming to Paris for the big day.

I had a thought you could leave some of the later chapters cliff hangers. Then let other people write what they think should happen.

K
Aussie SciFi Tragic chapter 35 . 3/25/2012
Another great Part. Was impressed th way you bought th MagLev train into the story. It's been widely described here because of ideas that we should have one between Brisbane - Sydney - Mebourne, but cost has shot it down. Distances are too great, 1,000m. I'd love to ride in one. Now, you surprised with what Sheldon was doing. I could never see him 'between jobs' without him ordering 4 dozen eggs or designing luminous fish again! LOL! Mmm, looks like Raj is trying to turn around but he can't forget his obligations totally. Can't wait to see where you're going with this. And, who will be Best Man and Maid of Honour at the wedding? Without upsetting the others! Will Horst walk Penny down the isle?
322 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »