Reviews for Ties that bond us
sevy MMAD chapter 13 . 7/20/2012
How sad... I cannot help but feel awfully sorry for Clarisse! She is the one who hasn't done anything and has lost everything. Oh, it's so sad!
I hope to read another story of yours, soon.
sevy MMAD
KathleenK chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Whoa, girl. This was sad. More sad than a huge blowout/confrontation. The idea that time would work on Clarisse and Joe in such a way as for them to be able to move on from each other is ...heartbreaking. It would be better almost if they just pined for each other! But to move on...oof.

That said, I loved it! Clarisse definitely got the fuzzy end of the lollypop on this one because you just know she'll never get to that place with anyone else again, but...I applaud your guts NOT to just serve up a happy ending.

Now...go and work on your other stories! (Not that I'm much better at finishing MY stories!)
bluegirl-783 chapter 13 . 5/26/2012
Hi

Iexpected this coming but it was soo sad anyway...hopefully Clarisse will move on and enjoy life again...as for J... well, at least he's happy...

Good job! Enjoyed all the chapters!
tengland2 chapter 13 . 5/26/2012
So sad. Well done though, just sad. At least Clarisse found a way to go on. Joseph seemed to do well with seeing his son and settling into married life.
KathleenK chapter 12 . 4/19/2012
Ouch. Optimist that I am I was hoping you would be able to come up with a way out for Joseph and Clarisse, but alas...this is really the only way it could be.

Me, I love confrontations, so if the epilogue has Malou coming face to face with the Queen, I'll be a happy girl. Of course, just having the epilogue right in front of me on my computer screen will make me happy, too!
bluegirl-783 chapter 12 . 4/18/2012
Hi

Oh poor Clarisse... that was a perfect scene and exactly as I imagined it would be, you did a fabulous job with it andI had to read it twice... I can only guess what the epilogue is going to be, but a tiny hope wishes that it could be a happy one...

Great job, so well worth the wait!
tengland2 chapter 12 . 4/18/2012
Difficult for both of them. Turned J into a punching bag, which he took. Not that I blame her and figure J knew he deserved her reaction. Liked the ref., to "The Bodyguard". Better that he leave,instead of trying to balance marriage and a mistress.
tengland2 chapter 11 . 4/11/2012
Somehow I think part of this thoughts were Clarisse's reaction. Not that he wants to but J seems to be going to do the honorable thing, even though it means losing C. Being drunk is not an excuse. (Perhaps the child's not his?)
bluegirl-783 chapter 11 . 4/10/2012
Hi

Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh... I have a feeling that the next chapter isn't going to be pleasant for either one of them... poor, poor Clarisse... I hope u update soon and that's not as bad as I think it would be...
cj chapter 11 . 4/10/2012
wow I have to admit when I first started reading this story I had no idea this would happen but it is so interesting! I can't wait to read what clarisse says and hopefully he doesn't lose her entirely. great job!
KathleenK chapter 11 . 4/10/2012
Aye carumba. Joseph was definitely losing his noodles for a while there if he really thought there was a way not to tell Clarisse or be forgiven when he did. The last paragraph sounds much more like the level headed Joseph he's always been.

CAN NOT wait to read Clarisse's reaction...I can picture it so many different ways.
KathleenK chapter 10 . 4/4/2012
Lordy...Joseph is defintely being wedged into God's little acre; west of the rock, east of the hardplace.

This is NOT looking good for Clarisse.
bluegirl-783 chapter 10 . 4/3/2012
Hi

Oh, poor Joseph and poor Malou...but poor Clarisse too, once this comes out! You definitely are keeping me in suspense!
tengland2 chapter 10 . 4/3/2012
Doesn't seem either one of them wants to get married to each other. Adoption doesn't seem like an option either. Perhaps J/C raising the child? Looking forward to see where your heading with this.
Veve chapter 10 . 4/3/2012
Heart break, no matter what he does Clariss will end up getting hurt.