Reviews for Soft and Small Comfort
Redline57 chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
This was good! I liked it, glad I read it, and I hope you continue!
Angel Peach Blossom chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
It's pretty interesting. I usually don't like yuri, but this was well done! There were some errors, but the reviewer before me already pointed them out, so I don't see a reason to bring it up again.

However, I do think you should have made this a bit longer. I don't feel like anything was resolved. Also, nothing is explained to why they have an interest in each other. That might not seem like much, but if you take Marle to Death Peak, or Lucca and Marle isn't there, the scene that occurs sort of indicates that the girls love him. So, I would like to know if that scene was different, or if for the sake of things, neither girl went.

Also, I didn't like the implication of using Crono in order to have a child. I'm sure the king would have accepted it eventually if the two decided to adopt a child instead. The whole idea of just using Crono just so that way the king has an heir just put a bad taste in my mouth honestly.

Griping aside though, I do think this is interesting! Aside from the few mistakes you had, you did a good job with Lucca and Marle. I think my favorite was when Lucca brought up that she would rather not wear a dress that a handmaiden would have to help get into or out of. That sounded very much like Lucca! Also, Marle called the king her Daddy was a nice touch, as that shows they did the whole Rainbow Shell quest, where in the end she made up with him.

The mention of the Telepod was also nice. I think it came out of left field a little bit, but even so, I thought it was fine.

For what this story is, I do think it could be better, but it is still sweet. Good luck to you!
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Great work! I really like the characterisation and the details.

"You know, I think that's worse that what I told him." should be “worse than” but as it's direct speech, I suppose it could also be a slip of the tongue.

“"It?he's worried about the royal succession," Marle said. "He?at this point, he said he'd accept anyone if they could sire him grandchildren.” and “But?tomorrow we'll go talk to your dad.” The question marks seem rather out of place.

"Well, I pointed out I didn't have to be married to the father of my child, and I'm sure Chrono would be willing to do a favor for his two friends," Marle said innocently.

Lucca had been right; it was both. She had to grab a pillow so that her laughter wouldn't wake her parents in the next room. "You had to know that would go over like a lead rowboat."

This made me laugh.