Reviews for Staking Claim
sarah0406 chapter 3 . 4/6
I liked your story. Particularly Hershel's chapter.
Avide chapter 3 . 2/8
I like the style and concept and self-awareness and also really like Hershel.
Bestbuds55 chapter 3 . 11/21/2014
This was great, can't believe I hadn't found it before now!
princhi1 chapter 3 . 11/20/2014
That was so cute ; v ;
Appello chapter 3 . 10/25/2014
Beautiful! I loved every minute of reading this. When I got to the end I was total sad face, haha.

You capture their relationship so perfectly. It's sweet and poignant and so delicate that I just want to wrap myself in a warm blanket and squeal.

Thanks so much for sharing :)
stepstate chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Loved it!
royalsushi chapter 3 . 2/9/2014
Love this story!
dkflpn chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
you gave daryls pov so well. I don't think it would be easy to give the multitude of thoughts going through him
great story. love the ending
dkflpn chapter 2 . 1/24/2014
she just reads him so well, I like the way you had his hesitations down so well
together for the night was a great idea. cant wait to read daryls pov
dkflpn chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
I've never read anything from hershells point of view. makes sense he is a good judge of peoples behavior
great story
Blue Moons and Pink Suns chapter 3 . 1/13/2014
Alright, so Lord only knows when you actually posted this or wrote it, considering it takes place in season 2 (and yes, I am aware that it has a published date that I am too lazy to locate), but I have to say that I hope, hope, HOPE you've written/will write more light, angsty, emotional Caryl. And since you've already written this and gotten a crapton of reviews, I figured I might as well just tell you all the things I love about this fic. :)
Well, first off, I do so love the third-person-restricted point of view you have going on. Very rarely do I find fics (or books, even) where the point of view is third person, and still personal and real. I felt like I was really getting a peek into the character's psyches.
I also loved how you wrote them all, especially Daryl. Daryl is a conundrum to write. Canonically, he's distant and quick to anger, and has extreme issues with personal interactions in season 2. But at the same time, he's growing into the milder, compassionate, and deeply lov(ed)(ing) Daryl of seasons 3 and 4. So, as is obvious, finding the medium to bridge this transition between the two Daryls is difficult. To put it lightly. But you've managed to capture his inner struggle, and to convey that to his actions, without making him seem overly open and affectionate, or underly so. I realy enjoyed it.
And Carol. You wrote her more in character than the writers. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one!
Hershel... Oh, Hershel. Hershel was another one who was shown being insightful, especially about Daryl. So the fact that he got lumped in and got a POV? Yeah. That was glorious.
So. Uh. Yeah. I think that's it? And also, for not turning that campfire, back-cleaning scene smutty and for not completely exposing Carol. It would have been a nice plot point, but completely out of character. You kept her herself and left her with her dignity, which I can't express my gratitude for enough.
I hope you've written more, and if you haven't, you definitely should! Thanks for writing such an amazing story and sharing it with us! :)
CherokeeRosa chapter 3 . 1/9/2014
So sweet. Lovely little story and very in character. Loved it.
Gasanechi chapter 3 . 12/18/2013
Nice fic, I hope you write more Caryl fics, preferably a longer one at that. :)