Reviews for Whispers of the Gods
Verse in diversity chapter 14 . 2/21
I'm just wondering if this story is abandoned? It's been a long time since a chapter was posted.
MurdererMine chapter 14 . 2/2
It's- Ah fuck. It ends here doesn't it? Right before Fang and Lightning have their much-needed and long-awaited chat. FAAAAAAAHK! I have been waiting for that since I read that first comic that the one guy did for this where they fight. Before I even started this damned feel trip of a story and IT DOESN'T END!

MRXHBNERJHVUYBHDHDFJHCXTHAEGHXADBbNZJFSDHFRBIFJFSDJngbd'lkjfbn'lksn;lfb;zgfkgfb;kvfsdk;lnfl;gfnjbfnjbgnbqrwytzvhjafwgvkpurgwhwrfivfLEDGYFEWEJEWBLVKFDFVIUHBWREBCXJNVFJVCJKVsdblfblkvblkjgSDBVsdbkGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNITTAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Phew. I hate you a little for that, no gonna lie. Why is this dead? It's shiny and I love it. This is why I wait for things to be marked complete. Stupid comic, getting me all invested. Stupid story getting me all invested and then NOT ENDING. Fine, I'll get over it. Just peachy. Sunshine and rainbows.

On to the non-ranting portion of the review. This is an awesome AU that has enough of the original characters and settings and mythology entwined in your own expanded mythology and stories and... Awesome stuff. I'm much more eloquent when I'm not dying a little inside, promise. I suspect it speaks well of this story that I'm devastated that it has no proper ending. Or resolution. For Fang and Lightning. Okay, I'll stop picking the same nits, promise again.

But goddamn this is a good story. I like the way the past and present are mingled together. I like the relationship between Vanille and the old woman, and how we learn about the Yun through it. I remember thinking, when I first stumbled across this story a few months ago, that it felt like reading and epic. Ending aside, I still think that. It's got pretty much everything you could want in a fantasy/medieval world; Heroes and Gods, dragons and hydras, choices and consequences and real people in the mix. Not a ton of the same rehashed cliches that the audience is just supposed to love just because.

Most of all, though, I believed in this world. It felt like a very real world, in it's way. I really wanted to watch the main characters win and resolve their issues and just have things go their way in the end. I guess that's why I'm all out of sorts, really. Been a while since a story could make me feel so much for it. So sorry for the mess that is this review. I guess it's a compliment, sort of. On the off chance that is ever does update, i'll be following it. And I promise to leave much more cohesive reviews in the future.

Sorry again. Write on.
Andy chapter 14 . 10/5/2014
I've just 'finished' story in one sitting and I have no words! Seriously, you are a very talented writer. Your storytelling is amazing! I have spent the last couple of days reading your work and I am impressed with the quality of what you've written. I do realize that no amount of begging will make you finish this story if you've lost your love and inspiration for it but I still wanted to drop a little note to say I would love for you to finish this incredible story sometime. I believe it's one of your best!
StarSeaAir chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
I think i just read this story the tenth time... and it still saddens me that it probably will remain unfinished...
Your writing is unmatched... you simply are the best writer i know of on .

It's quite sad
XxZuiliu chapter 14 . 9/10/2014
Really love this story! I know it's unlikely that it'll ever be continued, but I just wanted to drop a note and say I really enjoyed reading it and thanks for sharing this story on this site!

-XxZuiliu
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 14 . 7/20/2014
Son of a bitch, I've never read anything like this. And even the smallest thought of you stopping this fic is frightening. You have so many people who want this fic completed. Your reviews, your followers, your favorites... I wish I was good enough to get that kind of following. I hope you update again. It would make me very sad that the moment I've been waiting for is the next chapter. I want to see Fang and Lightning reunite (And hopefully forgiveness ensues, and perhaps if I am lucky, love ensues).
dillydip248 chapter 14 . 4/6/2014
oh my god this story is just absolutely amazing! You use so much detail and its so very easy for me to imagine what is exactly going on. This story is beautifully crafted and I've truly enjoyed it so far. I can not wait for the next chapter. I'm so glad I found this story.
EGosch chapter 14 . 3/16/2014
This is one of the most amazing AU stories I have ever read. Every painstaking detail of this story is executed beautifully and here are no unanswered questions. Hell, the could be made into a novel. I do hope that his has not been abandoned because it is entirely to amazing to deserve that fate. If it has been, I would like to know so I could mourn such a beautiful story. If it has not, then please update as soon as possible so I could continue to read one of my most favourite stories.
Guest chapter 14 . 2/4/2014
I love this story quite a bit. It is something that touches my heart whenever I read it. I am hoping that you update this story again soon. I hope that this story hasn't been "abandoned" because it is too good to be left behind. Nonetheless, I appreciate you writing it for us. Thank you for that. I hope that someday soon you will be able to update, but until then, I wait patiently.
Wintermoth chapter 14 . 1/19/2014
holy...shit

I've been reading this off and on since last night and oh my goodNESS. I usually don't get into AU's but DAYUM. This is freaking AMAZING. Beyond amazing. I don't even have a word for it! The characters, the plot, this amazing world you've created. It is, hands down, the best blend of Final Fantasy worlds ever. It was great seeing some the characters I know and love from the other games. Noticeably absent, however: Final Fantasy X. Monkey Boy and Dagger gonna make an appearance at any point? What about Vivi or Eiko? And where's Hope? (I ship Hope and Vanille so I always look for 'em in fics)

I look forward to more! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I love this story the writing style to me is remeniscent of game of thrones the landscapes are rich and varied as the elder scrolls universe( the mountains of Yun remind me of Skyrim) the characters are brilliantly reimagined (and give us a fresh and innovative view of divinity) I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds
SomebodyLost chapter 14 . 12/11/2013
In they scene where Fang was thinking that a sword broken can be reforged but it will never be the same, I could not help but think that "yeah, it will be better!" because, lol, that LOTR scene with Aragorn facing the undead king where they go "That line was broken!" and Aragorn grabs him and said "It has been remade." LOL.

Anyway, I'm quite enjoying this fic. Very imaginative, and very well done in story telling. It's like an epic Greek mythology epic, only better. The details and flow are well dispersed, not too many nor fast nor slow nor little. I totally wish that I can play this.

I have to ask though, do you plan to unite the characters from FFXIII as a party?

Anyhoo, I have a lot of worship for this fic that I can't type in here, but thanks for writing such excellent literature.
quynhessence chapter 11 . 11/19/2013
;-; I legitimately cried. Omg. Author y u so cruel. But... you convey it soooo so beautifully D:
FalconTytus chapter 14 . 11/19/2013
wow - your writing is like poetry - you made me understand the mythology and also had beautifully descriptive war scenes - i am simply ecstatic to read the next chapter!
QP chapter 8 . 11/18/2013
Omgaaaaaaawd! I LOVE how you incorporate characters from other seriessssssss! It makes things very excited to read and really does bring back some memories. The diction in this whole story is enjoyable too :3 it's a refreshing tone, very elegant. Keep it up, author!