Reviews for Close Call
CosmicKid chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
A lovely written story. A perfect snippet that would fit right into the episode.
RGoodfellow64 chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I really, really liked this story. The emotions you created between the two of them were just spot on. I would love to see something like this on the show, but at least I got to read it here. Thanks for writing it.
Jayce Gish chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Really, really cute, and even more so for only a second submission. I especially liked the post-drowning discussion about how it might have been better if they had not made it.

I have one difficulty with your scenario as presented (there are no river banks to drag one other up on to; docks or piers built out over the river throughout NYC and especially Manhattan, but let's just ignore that and go with your version). Can I picture 120 lb Kate dragging 300 lb Rick out of the water? No, but I do agree that I too feel cheated by the lack of a CPR scene (but then, how would they explain Kate pulling Rick up a ladder?) - Regardless, true to character, great humor, and a really nice fill-in-the-blank submission.
KMacD chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I really liked this. I haven't seen the episode as I live in Australia and we are only 3 into Season 4 but I liked your take on the story. I'd have made one slight change though. After Rick held her hand in the car ... Kate would have slept at his place. On the couch with him, in his guest room with him, in his bedroom with him, all platonic (sort of) but she'd have slept at the loft with Rick.

How will they go when they see each other again? There's room for continuation here.

Keep on producing these fics.
LinNicole chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
This story had me giggling right along with them. I loved their parallel expectations of what they assumed the other needed and wanted. Like the waitress said, they're married, they just don't know it yet. Excellent story.
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I like the way you filled in the gap here. You would certainly think that they would need each other after that terrifying experience. I like that you kept it real though. Of course, it would be their way to not discuss their feelings directly, but the hand hold at the end was absolutely perfect. They have definitely come that far. I enjoyed your story!