Reviews for On Perfection
LuckySleven chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
I loved this ficlet,you captured Kaiba so well in his observations and obsessiveness. It's actually all really cute lol.
Jigoku Hikari chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
I can imagine Kaiba actually being like this, and thinking these things. It's very fitting for his character, and you did well capturing that. Great little ficlet :)
KeiMaxwell chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Wow, this is an excellent little piece.
Ale chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
That was very good. A little weird, but I liked it :)
Acirederf chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
My favourite drabble ever.

I love your Kaiba. Seriously, no one writes him as well as you do.

LOVE IT.
nekoma0201 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I love obsessive-compulsive Kaiba! He was watching Jounouchi but he wouldn't realize nor admit it...Can't someone knock some sense into his head? It's a beautiful ficlet and I love it.
Meshi chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
God, Kaiba's rather creepy in this. Still love it, and the denial part reminds me of Madame Defarge's description in Tale Of Two Cities (probably because I'm reading it for school at the moment...xP)

Not what I consider is 'in character', but not completely in-the-other-realm ooc either. Which is interesting enough. And this was easier to read than your other fics. I wouldn't really know why, but I guess the writing here felt more clean and 'finished'... I might just be delusional, but whatever. Great one-shot~
Fleet Sparrow chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Very wonderful. I love your brief, precise sentences; they fit Kaiba so well. And, of course, your characterization was spot on. All the things Kaiba notices and thinks about (or, rather, clearly doesn't think about) are brilliant. (Plus, I'm a sucker for characters in denial.)

All in all, wonderful.
FluffyPillow chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
That was interesting, because the writing style was somehow different from your longfic. The sentences were short and to the point, which suits Kaiba very well. For me Kaiba is more thoughtful, he only speaks if it’s really necessary and you captured that feeling very good by writing no dialogs.

Kaiba’s thoughts of Jou’s state of hygiene are exaggerated, but that’s a good contrast to his perfectionism. Even if Kaiba plans everything through, I never thought of him being that obsessive. It was interesting to read and it’s still interesting to think about that interpretation.

I hope to see more of those little experiments.
gurechi chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Short, sweet, and utterly awesome. I love how you describe an OCD Kaiba. The imagery was amazingly disgusting which is perfect. OCD Kaiba is canon! It is! I swear!

More please?

Love,

gure
yllimilly chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
asdljl;asfdj

I'm going to quote the previous reviwer, Tasuki, on this, because I believe she expressed what I feel perfectly.

There needs to be a shrine (somewhere in Japan would be nice) for writing like yours.

Please, please please keep writing more and more puppyshipping.

Milly
TeacupSquid chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Holy shit humans are disgusting help oh my godhsadhkgs UGH squicked out so easily by PEOPLE.

I do like obsessive Kaiba very much. Your style was excellent as usual, and really suited the shortness of the piece. And... I guess being able to make me cringe (dhgsdskjh) is a good thing, speaking objectively. I think the thing about Jounouchi's uniform being unwashed for a week was a little much, though. I can see him being a bit lax about hygiene, but Kaiba being able to smell him from two seats away is pretty repulsive by anyone's standards.

Other than that, fabulous B)
Tasuki chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Your writing is simply amazing.

This short story caught my interest from line one,

and then had me plow through the whole text as fast as I could

read.

Thank you.

This was un unparallelled delight and most welcome surprise.