Reviews for Mandragora
Saphira113 chapter 1 . 11/15
This story is food for thought! Really, an excellent concept.
I love the inclusion of so many quotes, I think I'm going to have to check out "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality" now.
Nobody Smurf chapter 1 . 11/8
Chilling.
sammyfish chapter 1 . 10/7
Aaaaaaah! :DDD
Vivaan chapter 1 . 6/26
'Her knife stilled for a moment...An amazing one shot!
Loland chapter 1 . 3/28
Hidden in tradition and daily life, there are a lot of potential horror stories. This one is well written.
maripaz6 chapter 1 . 1/22
Well, that was chilling. A really thought provoking fic. Marvelously done!

I loved the embedded quotes! The one from Howl's Moving Castle made me fangirl a bit: "Go and catch a falling star, get with child a mandrake root". And the one from Methods of Rationality made me giggle.
Jatok chapter 1 . 11/26/2016
Mmm, like the merpeople. Can't be understood above ground, perhaps
niewna chapter 1 . 11/10/2016
this is rather unusual and beautifully unique! The mood was set so perfectly and the quotations helped so much in doing so. Then comes the thought- mandrakes as if they're humans- and Yudkowsky's quote (I love his work), then the knife, then the life that's taken- and the scream. I love it to the very end. Thank you.
rytan451 chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
Ouch.
No offence to your writing.
sky-full-of-raindrops chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
omfg yes
Triscribe chapter 1 . 7/12/2016
Well this is... Disturbing. But well written!
PenArt chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
This was really awesome... in a horrendous way. Well done!
Holotenty chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Well that was rather horrifying
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
Woah. Dark.

Lol. This fic makes it interesting how Less Wrong's Quirrelmort later uses Sprout as his puppet. She was able to disregard a possibly-sentient race that looked a lot like her own race just because no one stood up for their rights...sound like any fanatical groups we know?

Beautifully done. Never thought of that before. This makes Harry's fears more real. Wonder if he'll ever notice? Do you think there should be a way to translate Mandrakes?

Wonderful and horrifying insight. Well done.
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
Ah... that was creepy. Like killing puppies and enjoying it. Sprout ... why does she do things like that? Vegetable rights movement!