Reviews for Tamers Forever 01: CardORama!
theLeingod chapter 4 . 10/2/2014
You know, Ryo's parents never come up in canon, and given his tattered, definitely not human world clothes and how used to the digital world he is (and how little he seems to miss the real one) I'm not sure his family's even still around, much less whether or not he's got a happy home life there (his character is packed with enough cliches that him conveniently being an orphan so that he can go on cool adventures in fantasy-land with his unstoppable rage-monster without guilt would be no surprise at all to me). Then again, Ryo's a Mary Sue and a marketing ploy shoved into Tamers to shill merchandise for the video game he was the protagonist of, so who cares?
theLeingod chapter 2 . 10/2/2014
I'm glad I read past the first chapter, which was kind of "meh." This is a good improvement, and it's nice to see that you're not relying on stupid cliches to show that the two care for each other and let it happen through little shows of affection here and there. That said though, wasn't Takato actually pretty good at the card game? I specifically remember that having a real Digimon (somehow) made him a lot better at it, which he found out when he wiped the floor with Kazu. Unless Rika's just that good and is being... Rika when she puts him down, and Takato just has low self-esteem about his card-playing skills from too many games with the two best players in the country (Ryo and Rika).
ApprenticeOfDaedalus chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
Great story but is your font stuck on big and blocky? It's murder to my eyes!
CaptainDavidBlake chapter 4 . 2/4/2014
This was actually a rather sweet story. I don't usually read this kind of fanfic, but this one got me interested.

Also, according with the TV Tropes page, things ought to become somewhat more intense and insane in the next episode, right? :)
SapphireLibra3 chapter 2 . 9/17/2013
Huh... you know what? This is really good. The bold text is hard to read at times, but it doesn't ruin the story. I sort of like it. Also, I don't know if I support Rika/Takato (have to watch Tamers again) but it works in this story.
ShadowLDrago chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
This is hilarious!
Yakedomaru chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
Ya know, I'm just wondering, did you get the name Sagara from Rurouni Kenshin? I'm just curious as Sanosuke Sagara is awesome.

Good story though, but I had to ask that.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
So your series keeps popping up all over the place on TvTropes. I gotta see what this is all about.
major wallace chapter 4 . 3/15/2012
myrodin bladekeeper LIL chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
ok first LIL is loginlater. second i like how this is going. this has been on my list of things to read for a bit, now im reading it BE HAPPY.
Black Noise47 chapter 4 . 2/26/2012
Read your Naruto fics Genkyouien and Fuujinroku (really sad that the last one is dead), and then saw the tvtropes rec for this.

I really like your style, enough to watch the tamers anime just as a prerequisite to reading this.

So I did that, and read this first book and so far it seems like a good choice; besides one or two spelling errors the story is very fun.

It really amazes me how despite the abuse of the fourth wall, the writing is still so immersive. just how much practice does it take to get to this level?

Anyway, time to start reading the other books.
Lunacorva chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Good to see that the quality hasn't declined. I particularly enjoyed Takato snapping at Rika. It felt very believable, one of the things I'm liking about this series is how REAL the characters and their relationships feel, and how organic and original the development is. So many romance stories are filled with corny cliches, so this story is a freshing change of pace

I'm am eagerly looking forward to reading chapter 4 (that title is hilarious :-D)
Lunacorva chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
OKAY! I can see a definite improvement in this chapter. The scene at the begining with the flying toilet was hilarious, as well as the staring contest, and Takato rolling a 1 on his bluff check.

I can also see improvement in how your handling Rika

and Takato's relationship. The fact that you are now using simple acts of friendship (Takato apologising to Rika and Rika realising that it was really her fault) rather than relying on cheesy cliches. Make the relationship much more realistic and sweet. The humor is also usefull in keeping their interactions from becoming boring.

As for the rigged contest, an interesting twist. I am curious to see how this pans out

Though I have to admit, the idea of shy Takato shoplifting, seems a bit out of character

Still, definite improvement in this chapter. Hope you maintain this level of quality.
Lunacorva chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Okay, It's time I do something I should have done a LONG time ago: review your stories.

NOTE: I will be writing down the thoughts I had when I FIRST read this series, not my current thoughts

Hmm... I have to admit, I'm not really a fan of non canon pairings and this chapter does seem a bit silly rather than romantic. (Particularly the "they moved closer" cliche) still I enjoyed the first chapter of Theory of Chaos (I read that first, but I decided that, because it was the fourth book I should read these ones first) so I have hopes that this series will improve as it continues
Lord Morozco chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Your story was praised on the TVtropes site. An incredible feat for a fanfiction in my book. I shall have to give this a good read when I have the time.