Reviews for Where Lights Are Bright
Sarah Smythe chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I absolutely love your writing style, and I really like that you're making this your own instead of copying it straight from the movie.

Can't wait for an update! (:
Theatreotaku chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Very cool. I like your consept can not wait to read more.
lilmm chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
So, I'm intrigued by your setup with this (especially what Burt and Kurt's relationship is in this time period and just how they got all their money) and I'm quite excited to see you do something with it that isn't like the movie we all know, but being the sister of a photographer I couldn't help but flinch at your lack of knowledge of cameras at the time.

Yes, they were generally bulky by today's standards, still having the accordion-style focusing element, but there was nothing to switch on or off. A portable camera of the type Nick likely has would probably fold up into a case with a handle. If it used film, it would probably use a highly flammable type known as celluloid or nitrate film. I don't know off hand if portable cameras of that type had flash capabilities or not. If it did, the flash would likely be bulkier than the camera and would not be electric.

If the camera is going to feature more in the story in some way, you might try going to or googling 1900 camera.

Okay, rant over. I am looking forward to where you take this though.
mardie186 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Loved Titanic, and I can so see Kurt and Blaine in this scenario. My problem is that my husband just passed away Jan 30th, and knowing how Titanic ends, I am probably better off not going there right now. I love your writing, but couldn't handle reading about one of them dying right now. I have been avoiding all fics with angst etc for that reason. This is labeled romance/drama, but I know how the movie ends. I dont think I can deal with that at this point. I am sure you will do your usual awesome job. Best wishes.
inukimeko chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Oop it's here! Great first chapter and I can't wait to read the adventures you'll take us on with these characters. :D

"Seagulls cry out around them and the smell of salt and the general dirtiness of the Southampton streets washes over them." great line btw :3

-Jessica
lacymadroof chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Okay, I have a dilemma.

I really love your writing, and this era is like crack to me, and I'm already hooked just by the first few paragraphs.

But I'm stopping. I can't get invested if this turns into a death fic. I can't read them. They make my depression worse and I just can't do it.

Miss Ray, would you mind telling me if it's safe to proceed?I so surely wish to read, but not if it'll be eventually detrimental to my mental stability. Any word from you would be glorious.

- Devon
Riota chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I definitely can't wait to see more of this! I love the Titanic and stories that involve her story, so to see it combined with Klaine... Yay! :D by the way, your style is very lovely and I think Kurt and Blaine fit perfectly in the "roles" you chose for them. Keep on writing, I beg you! ;)

(and I warn you, don't kill Kurt or Blaine When the ship sinks OTL; just kidding, do what you are planning to do!)
AngelisIgniRelucent chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
gahh! ohmygod it's so true - there aren't NEARLY enough titanic!klaine fics out there ... but this is so awesome and the set-up is great and oh i can't wait for them to meeeeeeet! :D
WaitingForThisMomentToBeFree chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Oh Rayychel, this is delightful! I'm glad you made this your own rather than just entirely re-telling the movie version.

Your research and attention to historical detail is impressive and apparent. Like all your other stories, your writing is always impeccable. So much wonderful description! It would be easy to pick our several amazing passages, however, I tend to be more captured by the subtle, less obvious of life's moments such as:

"They leave a tip and head out the door, bell jingling jauntily in their wake." And...

I’ll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter! (and to see if somewhere along the way you work in the “put your hands on me Jack”-esq scene! Hee-hee!)
Misssyl chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
very interesting first chapter. I like that this story is gonna be a bit different than 'the titanic' as we know.

I'm a huge fan of the movie myself so i'm really glad you decided to write this.

I also like that you are including Nick, as he is my favorite Warbler:)

I'm looking forward to the next chapter
IShipItAllAndThenSome chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is just so brilliant and knowing how it ends, I'm just so sad over it...