Reviews for Not This Time
jbear1974 chapter 10 . 4/18/2016
Marc, I have been reading as many Chuck/Sarah stories as I can. Loved your AU take on the timeframe after Sarah lost her memories. Thanks for the entertainment. Now I hope to sit down and enjoy your other stories!
phathead01 chapter 10 . 5/27/2014
Excellent story. Thanks for the commitment to CHUCK. Hopefully many more ppl will come to your writing after blazing through CHUCK on Netflix and other media. I'm sure there are many more, like me, who will be doing the same and expanding the CHUCK fandom.
Molotov chapter 10 . 5/14/2014
Huh. Well, thanks for telling me that this all ties in with your "Chuck vs the Epilog" story, because without that, I would've been confused as shit. It would be helpful of a note at the beginning of this chapter said to open "Chuck vs the Epilog" in another window and jump back and forth for optimum reading.
Hell, combine the two.
This is all with the benefit of hindsight, of course. Cause surely someone will be like me and read this first, rather than CvE.

The idea of Sarah being different parts of her personality and shifting back and forth without realizing is a fascinating thing. As was her battling herself in her mind to open back up to the old memories. An absolutely unique take on a post-series Sarah-memories story.
Molotov chapter 8 . 5/14/2014
Intense.
Molotov chapter 5 . 5/14/2014
Shit just got real.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/14/2014
I enjoy all these little references and nods to events in the show peppered throughout Sarah's desperate internal monologue.
resaw chapter 10 . 7/10/2013
Thank you for writing this story. I really appreciated the way you explored Sarah's war within herself. She didn't deny that she loved Chuck, but couldn't reconcile that love for her husband with her fractured memories. I'll confess to sometimes having felt a little confused here and there, but I'm accepting that as a reflection of Sarah's confused statement. Having read Epilog first it was great to read Not This Time as it approached the events of Epilog from Sarah's perspective.

This was a darker story. Sarah's declaration that she intended to leave as soon as the baby was born and go on a mission that would certainly end in her death was a shocker. Her recovery, her joy, was all the more cathartic for the difficult path through which it was achieved.

Thanks again.
ProjectOrion chapter 10 . 4/27/2013
Read this after your reply to my review, glad you told me about it.

Your portrayal of Sarah is really good and believable. I can't even begin to imagine what her thought process is in her situation but I think you pulled it off rather well. The journey was dark but the destination made it worthwhile.
garnetflint chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
Well, in my last review I askeed for more background, and here it is. I think your extrapolation of how Sarah ( or the various Sarahs) would react is sound. She started off in season 1 as a hard ah nosed spy, and she grew from there. Clearly Prague was a major setback and I liked the way it played out here. I am glad that she made it from the darkness to the light and I thank you for another great story.
s-david-m chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
Definitely an interesting take on the finale. Chuck's Intersect problem wasn't explained very well, nor what they did with Sarah at the end, but its otherwise quite compelling as a story.
bty2474 chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
'The Tall Blonde Man with One Black Shoe'? You really have it in US?

As said, I like your way of writing, I can imagine the chuck cast acting your stories and laugh/cry/get angry with their faces!

My favorite remains Chuck vs the epilog for the dynamic!

Thanks for keeping Chuck alived!
Michael66 chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
I think you have it quite right. Very dark. Unfortunately people pant way too rosy a picture for Chuck and Sarah post-series. This is probably the more likely path they would take.

I was so tempted to plead the softer road, but in reading this and thinking about the story that follows, I think you're right. There needed to be some heavy lifting to be done by all.
Firewolf99 chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
This story is really great, and a brilliant partner to Chuck vs the Epilog.

One thing: my computer is saying this fic isn't complete. Is that intentional?

Regardless, I loved this fic.
Alivers chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
For me this story doesn't make sense at all. I tried to anderstand but it so confusing and with all this unnecesary angst, i just didn't like it ...
BDaddyDL chapter 9 . 4/17/2012
Ive reread this story a few times. It is definitely not fluff, and yet no childish angst. Just a well written story that really shows what very might have happened. You seem to hint it will turn out OK. Great, but I could see how it wouldn't, and still be believable. nice work.