Reviews for The Addict in Us
Arpho chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Wow, this was really great. Well written and well researched. I agree, heroin just screams Sherlock. Also, your Mycroft's very in character.
BarbaraKaterina chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I'm so glad somebody noticed Sherlock would absolutely not take cocaine. I mean I understand why people associate it with him - it's the upper class drug - but exactly as you say, he doesn't need more energy, he needs numbing. I've been thinking about this ever since I first heart someone mention cocaine in context of Sherlock, especially the BBC one, who is always so full of energy.
But I actually wonder whether ACD had any idea how cocaine works, too, since he talks about "the drowsiness of the drug" in connection to cocaine, which seems strange to say the least.
Heroin is a good choice for him, I think (character-wise, I mean, obviously heroin is never a good choice for anyone). I've been thinking about hallucinogens, too, to give his mind something to occupy it when he's bored, but I think people around him wouldn't be so worried if he was just into LSD, since the dangers are considerably smaller...

Anyway, even apart from this, a great story. I especially loved the ending, the idea that Mycroft understands, even though he was never into drugs himself...I'm now interested in his vices from your point of view. :)
awakened-earth chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
It really is a very good fic, and I enjoyed reading it immensely. I can totally understand why Sherlock would want to use this drug in particular and I think you have done a very good job of reading into and explaining the inner workings of the character. Loved it. ]
graphiteheart chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Hey there! I liked it - very interesting. This may be the first fic I read where addiction is explored in this way. I also liked your depiction of Mycroft's and Sherlock's relationship - Mycroft is my favourite character and also, there can never be enough fic about the two of them.

Lots of love :)
emmiswe chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I love this story! Mycroft's concern and disappointment, Sherlock's vulnerability and the dialogue and the end. Brilliant!
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
"In some ways, his brother had always understood; he was a man who had seized power, not for glory, but for the distraction."

Yup, this is EXACTLY how I see Mycroft. Had he not gotten a job that gave him almost constant stimulation of some sort, he'd be even worse than Sherlock.
alocin chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was a very lovely character study and an excellent read, thank you!
deaka chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is interesting, and the characterisation is fantastic. Great work.