Reviews for Thrice Undone, Thrice Anew
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
This was beautiful... That ending, good heavens, there are no words to describe how wonderful (even though it may seem sad at first) it is

I thought Susan's characterization was pretty well done. The denials were just right, and as mentioned above, I loved her bit with Aslan at the end.

Wonderfully written!
DeleaMarie chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Oh, wow.

I never cry, but this literally brought me to tears. Due to her "mature and rational" personality, I've always identified with Susan the most out of the Pevensies. The pure, raw emotion expressed in your story is all too real, and the parallel with Peter's conversation after Jesus' resurrection just really hit me hard.

Absolutely beautifully done, and a wonderful example of how even the most lost can still be found once again.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Very good. If you're looking for another one, there's an excellent one by dreamflower02 called "Outliving the Universe".
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
This is one of the best stories addressing this part of Narnia that I have ever read. Beautiful.
LuMezenga chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
She wasn't OOC.
This was so beautiful.
I'm putting it on my favorites as well.
So wonderful, so Christian. It summons up the message odf all the books.
We're never truly alone. God doesn't give up on us, even when we give up on Him.
We must have faith.
This one-shot brought me to the brink of tears.
I may be a sensitive person, but just know that this is a marvellous piece. There's truly no other word for it. I just keep repeating synonyms in hopes that the words will describe it better as I use them, but to no avail.
I just hope you are aware of how good this story was, and how touching. Thank you for writing.
batfan7 chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Lovely story and beautiful prose. I always felt so sorry for poor Susan, her ending was simply heartbreaking in the books. I haven't read any other of the 'numerous redemption stories' that you referred to, so can't compare this to any others, but I found this one excellent. :-)
Poohdog chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I always felt so bad for Susan at the end of the books. I think you wrote a great story. It's sad but not hopeless.
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I think you did this magnificently. You tied in Susan's denials and redemption very well with Simon Peter's experiences. Very well done, and she was perfectly in character. I always felt that C.S. Lewis intended for the train wreck to be a wake-up call for Susan to make her realize what she has been doing and bring her back to Narnia once more.
saladgurl chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This was really beautiful. It was so honest, I felt like I could be Susan in any one of those lines (and probably have been). Your explanation of how Susan fell away is so realistic, and I loved your characterization of the other Pevensies and Aslan. Reading this had a very similar effect on me to reading C.S. Lewis - it reminded me of how breathtaking and mindblowing redemption is. Thanks so much.
Ariyah chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Wow. That was... wow.

I loved how, like Simon Peter, she deliberately denounced Aslan and how she, like Simon Peter, answered Him. Also that last line about finally knowing what it meant to be alive. Lovely. It reminded me a little of my work-in-progress Susan-fic and really enforced certain parts in my mind.

Well done.

lovenarnia chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Not many stories make my heart ache so much that I cannot cry, but this is one of them. I love the way it was so real—dingy, I want to say, even though that isn't exactly it. It wasn't high-strung, even attempting to be. It was just real, completely plausible, and absolutely heart-rending. And I loved it.
rainpaint chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Lovely. Just lovely. It reminded me a bit of other Narnia fanfics I've read - not a bad thing; just left me curious about your inspiration.

"Aslan no longer wanted her; there were other kings and queens more fitted to Narnia than she." I have a feeling (perhaps because I relate to Susan quite well) that this is exactly how Susan felt.

"Perhaps Aslan did not cast her off after all. Perhaps the desertion had truly been one-sided." This was wonderful.
Calyn chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Absolutely gorgeous. And I really like that Susan doesn't go back to Narnia immediately. Too many stories do that.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Oh, that was nicely done. :)