Reviews for Dennis
poetrywoman chapter 1 . 3/6
This is really good. I think it's one of my favorites.
dahilsaiyo chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Ok! So what is the answer? Honestly. Excellent description of settings as per usual.
Vicki Turner chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
How do you write every couple so amazingly well? Now I want a full length fic of Dennis and Lesley!
addictedheartache chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
enjoyed it, littel dennis is growing up, could enjoy more of these later on when the insperations hits you
Tamira chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Well, at least they worked it out, but that WOULD be some big secret to swallow, wouldn't it? I am happy though. For Dennis to have found a life and happiness and to have been able to move forwards after his brother's death, for Les to be able to accept him and the whole changed world. - And weirdly enough for George. Somehow, somewhen along the line Dennis and George must have bonded, become good friends, probably over grief, actually. But they did become friends and that means, before love, before moving on, neither was alone. (of ocurse each of them had their family, but havign somebody from outside, who still understands must have been good in a different way...)
great little story!
notawriter4sure chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
please can we read George's best man speech, pretty please - smiles winningly
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Love it! You are a brilliant author
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Wow, I tried to click on to leave a review in the regular fashion, but the window would not resolve properly. But then I went to another story to see if I could get the review window, and voila! There is a whole new system for reviewing. Instead of having to click on 'review' there is a window already at the base of the page. At the top, it tells me that I am signed in as wrappedinharry, and you just start to type (or not, if you don't want to).

Anyway, to Dennis... cute story (I have now met my namesake...I wonder if she likes her name better than I do). Poor Denis really didn't do the thing well, did he? But then, I don't think anyway to tell someone that you really are a wizard (or witch) would go well.

I too have a story with an OC who discovers that there is such a thing as a magical world. She didn't faint, but she was already in bed in the hospital wing. It's a Snape/OC story so I am sure you wouldn't be interested, though Harry does have a major role.

Enough rattling on... Lesley is lovely, but her family needs culling, at least in one particular instance. Dennis is very sweet. I'd love to know how George ends up as his best friend when there is such a large age gap between them. A story in itself, no doubt.

I have decided to ead all the one-shots, (regardless of who they are about) before I get onto the more meaty stories.

Lesley
dahilsaiyo chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
You are really good in describing settings.

Excellent story.
sbmcneil chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Great story! Dennis is so sweet. I just read the latest chapter of Strangers and you mentioned Dennis's wife was a Muggle so I searched this out. You write so well from the Muggle point of view looking into the magical world :)
TerraTheTerror chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This is extroardinarily well written. I never thought of Dennis and George as potential friends, but it makes sense. They both lost brothers they were very close to, and I imagine Dennis has a decent sense of humor. Anyways, kudos to you!
Kellsabelle chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This was really well written and a pleasure to read. I was confused at first as to why Dennis and George were friends but then I realised that since they had both lost a brother it made sense that they would become close.

Basically it was awesome and I loved it :D
CypherVera chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
I love how you flesh out the characters Rowling could not. My husband lost a brother 10 years ago, and I think you got the start of this story just right. Well done.
Illyra chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Wow, I just love your stories. Your characterisation is always so flawless and every time I think 'Yes, thats real and realistic.'

And still you manage to let it look so easy.

Les family for example. Dont we all have a cousin Noreen in our families? Or the emotional blackmail. 'You cant invite... and dont invite...'

Thank you for this one-shot. I really enjoyed it.
BKL8008 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
That was really a great read, and good take on a possible future for Dennis. I can easily him going into Auror'ing because of what happened to Colin. The only touch I would have added would have been a moving picture of "boy-Colin" in his wallet. I think you got the girl's reaction just right, too! ;)