Reviews for Iruka Sensei
The-AU-enthusiast chapter 4 . 2/11
I have been looking all over for this kind of story,but I have never found it until now.

And you are taking it seriously.

You are doing it in a well done mannor.

You taking the whole thing seriously.

And am I glad for that.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/23/2014
I love it when Iruka gets to be badass! I like your version of the genin test as well. It seems like everyone rehashes the bell test, and it's really cool when someone does something else instead.

I also love how you're going into Iruka's thought processes and how he's actually unsure of how to handle a genin team, when all Team Seven ever sees is his confident face. Fascinating, that.
Amanthya chapter 7 . 11/7/2014
Hey, first time seeing this plot. I like it. Iruka is ic, and doing well. I already liked him, and now you're making me respect him even more. Looking forward to the next chapter!
GalanthaDreams chapter 7 . 8/10/2014
The story just keeps getting better. I can wait as long as you need to find inspiration when the content is this great.
GalanthaDreams chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
It wasn't the most eloquent of reactions but all I could do was gape at my screen saying Iruka was badass in three different octaves. I love Kakashi but Iruka as the sensei of team 7 is fresh, and, the way you write it, what with his astute perceptions and analysis of their dispositions and motivations, particularly Sasuke's, was incredibly absorbing. Sasuke's verbalization and question had great impact and really set the mood.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 7 . 7/21/2014
I'm so impressed by your story, and the way you've handled the characterization. I loved Iruka's scolding and sending them home... imagine, failing a mission to paint a fence. I was even more taken with how guilty he felt for it afterwards, even though he stuck to his decision and did not apologize. Basically, it's fascinating to watch Iruka as a jounin sensei. You've done a fabulous job. Thank you for what's posted. I will confess that I hope there's at least a little more of this story waiting in the wings.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 5 . 7/21/2014
Iruka's speech in the first scene of this chapter was very compelling. And I was momentarily startled and very amused by the well-placed "marshmallow is on fire" interjection. It was a perfect way to lend a touch of humorous reality to a dramatic moment.
The scene with Guy was also a very lovely touch. His words about Kakashi's obsession, and hoping that he found peace, was touching.
In short I adore your creativity and writing style.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 4 . 7/21/2014
I am marveling at the way you crafted Iruka's test for the genin. You perfectly preserved the heart of that test, and yet made it unique to Iruka. I love the manner in which he tested each of them in turn. He tested not only their teamwork and loyalty, but their ethics. And Sasuke's second chance...gah! Loved it, and love the way he protected Sakura. (I was momentarily horrified when I thought that he'd endangered her.)
You have a wonderful grasp on the characterization of the three genin, as well as their sensei. I love the way that you've preserved Iruka's core characteristic of compassion, even though he's being harder and stricter with them, as evidenced in his initial conversations before the test. Iruka doesn't tolerate nonsense and disabuses them of their misguided notions, but he is open with them and encourages them to ask questions. I can't help but feel as though this is exactly how Iruka would act, were he a jounin sensei.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
Hey man, what happened to your car? How did it get totalled but you survived apparently unscratched (well, you didn't say anything about being hospitalised)? Hope you're ok, that really sucks. Some asshat jammed on the brakes in front of me a couple years back, and the moron tailgating me sideswiped my rear and pushed me into the car in front. Fortunately the damage was relatively minor (crumpled fender, bonnet) and I wasn't injured, just shaken. I had insurance too, that was really helpful, the repairs nearly touched $5k iirc.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/3/2014
Well, it's been a while. I can't say I see where this is going, although if your Iruka stays sensible, he'll return to Konoha. He is *not* a legendary Copy Nin, and he has discovered that they are operating under false parameters. As an academy teacher, I'd be surprised if all his instincts aren't screaming at him to turn back ASAP until they can get things clarified.

Seriously. Don't stick to canon (well, you've already killed Kakashi). I can't see the Wave Arc ending in anything other than tragedy.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/3/2014
Lookin' pretty badass there, Iruka-sensei :D
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
Dude, what the fuck, you killed KAKASHI.
Navn Ukjent chapter 7 . 3/6/2014
Interesting idea, and quite good execution.

I hope you will update agan soon.
CallMeSoldier chapter 7 . 12/31/2013
Please, please, please hurry with the next chapter. I can't stop reading. I've reread this three times. My favorite Iruka fanfic by far! I love the idea of Iruka being a gen in team leader, and being secretly strong. Too bad Kakashi died, but I can understand it was for the plot. *sigh* Well, I can't wait for the next chapter. Hope Tazuna gets his butt kicked by Iruka! Haha, seriously on the edge of my seat waiting for more. Good job. :)
a-d Pilot chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
You've probably seen it used before, but transformation with clones might have the potential to be devastating. Especially in Naruto's hands.
Centaurs? Nagas? Velociraptors, hand sized versions of Naruto, panthers, and any other real or mythological, or fictional creation who'd be a nightmare to fight. And if they can learn to fly, swim, and burrow... Well, an opponent could be attacked from any direction in any terrain.
Then there's potential methods of mimicking larger creatures like tyrannosaurs, giants, and dragons.

And just because a form looks like something familiar like a human doesn't mean it has to move that way. Why can't a transformed clone have an internal structure which allows it to be double or greater number of joints to give it the flexibility of a tentacle? Or gain Wolverines claws?

Then there's the question of transforming yourself into a weapon, armor, or even a robot like the Terminator. Would a clone wearing plate armor made of clones be protected from the first hit? More than one? Would someone who dodged an attack from a kunai be caught flatfooted when a part of their opponents armor turns into a clone to jump them? Or transformed mid-jump into a snake that looks like a loop of interconnected razors?

How about throwing a spread of kunai into the air and having them all transform into clones so they'll provide temporary air support. Or maybe not so temporary if it's possible to turn into birds and learn how to fly.

Oh good grief. Hadn't considered this before, but what if they transform into a metal fort or bunker.

It's no wonder Jinchuuriki are considered weapons of mass destruction. Shadow clones or anything which will allow them to use transformation on a large scale when coupled with their incredible chakra reserves gives their side a huge advantage. And that's just Two techniques with massive potential.