Reviews for the way we live now
september.again chapter 1 . 8/23
I like your style of writing. Please do write more! Thanks for sharing this with us :)
JayciSherry chapter 1 . 1/15
Hi Barbie, here's a reader from china. I actually liked your stories, the way we live now and from me to you, so much that i was wondering if i can translate these two S.H.&I.A. stories into Chinese and share with my friends. So here I'm requesting your permission to do so. Nothing with commercials, you have my words. Please let me know if you agree.
Ms. Reen chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
That last line forced a cold lump down my throat. The writing is fantastic. I can't give you an exact word to define what I'm feeling right now though I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of sympathy and gloom for these two. It's hard to read good one-shots these days because you know it's going to have one of those terrific but painful endings. There's still a small heavy 'thing' down my chest right now (that last line is pure gold, I tell you.) but you know the pain's really worth it for this one.
ParisNeverEnded chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh. This is brilliant, quite possibly one of the best Adlock fics I have ever read. So in character, so brilliantly written, so flawless. I am in love with this. It's sad and my heart broke at the end but it's so true and so perfect! Well done!
elenore kont chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Amazingly written and so in character for both of them.I loved it and well done!
PhoenixChaser chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is brilliant!
This is how I capture Irene and Sherlock living with each other. They're both grown up geniuses who'll always seek for an adventure, thrill and challenge. I love how you wrote about them, the characterization is great. In the world full of dull minds, they have each other to entertain, to just simply be themselves. No romantic feeling, just enough sentiment, just them.

Thank you for writing this fic. This made my day! Great job!
Floatfoot chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Great job! Nice and subtle.
Infame chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Well I think that you definitely succeeded in writing a legitimate, in-character, canon-compliant Sherlock/Irene!

The progression of their relationship was so perfect and felt so organic. So them.

I especially thought that Irene running away was in-character. I like the idea that she had to run away to realize that she wanted to stay. I really loved the Irene character development in this story.

The ending was really fitting for a Sherlock/Irene story. Heartbreaking. But fitting.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story :).
Ozbridge chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This is undoubtedly the most intriguing, in-character Sherlock/ Irene story I have ever read. You have captured wonderfully what I (and many other readers) love about these two's relationship (such a boringly simple word, yes): its complexity (and ambiguity). I used to attempt to give a label to their connection, but gave up in the process. I then realized whether it was love, lust or care, it didn't matter. Their attraction/ infatuation is what draws me in, and your story beautifully presented it. Why would there ever be a need to pinpoint the exact nature of their relationship?

Before I read this I always prefer to think Sherlock and Irene don't do sex . Although their experience differs greatly (he nicknamed the Virgin and she the dominatrix), I think they are both uninterested in and indifferent to sex. But the way you subtly/ indirectly put it there and the reason you give them in the first place (out of sheer boredom) can't be more in-character and beautiful.

("A mischievous grin tugs at her lips. "Shall I provide a distraction then?"

He stares at her for a moment and she sees something flash across his eyes. It's brief, but she's positive she saw it: the consideration, the intrigue. It doesn't surprise her. There is nothing else, after all, for him to do, to occupy his mind. Nothing else to distract him.

He sighs and looks away with bored expression, but watches her through the corner of his eyes. "If we must," he finally answers."

Really, how could you do that?)

The slow pace gives the story the right atmosphere; Sherlock desperately needing a nice murder and Irene hating the feeling of being attached to anyone). I mean I feel like I can touch his boredom and her frustration. And I love the mention of Mrs. Hudson, Molly and Mycroft, which throws in nostalgic glimpses of his old life.

And the ending. Wow. Just WOW. Again this is the reason I adore Sherlock/ Irene in the first place. I love their attraction, their infatuation, but my heart broke at their separation. It made me frustrated, made me want to tear my hair away from my head, made me hate this ship for making feel this way. Nevertheless, I refuse to believe a happier ending. Their separation, like their stumbling across each other's path, is inevitable. Shipping these two for me is like a self-harming process.

They inevitably parted, but I believe fate (coughNerocough) would bring them together again, which is why I just pretend that Francesa Wayland's "Sui Generis" is a sequel to this story (though in "Sui Generis" verse Nero was conceived in Karachi/ Islamabad, but it really doesn't matter). I know that they part now, will reunion (and will inevitably separate again).

Thank you so much for such a precious gem.
TheSmilingCat chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
This is very beautiful. I love the mood, the prose. The way you handle the characters interacting together.
The woman chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Oh wow...this is...can I say incredible? Thank-you so very much for a beautifully well written story. It's honestly the best Sherlock/Irene story I've read in a very long time.
LoeyDinh chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
The story was beautifully written although the ending was so sad. I wish they could be a couple in the end... Anyway, nice job!
my-interesting-penname chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
ok thank you for the heartbreak as if I needed that.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
i loved this, even if the ending broke my heart a little. thank you for writing it.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »