Reviews for The Secrets We Keep
ladybrin chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
This is excellent- You are one of my favorite Nanny fanfic writers- so you really MUST write more DA- chelsie fics for us- keep up the great work!
Tammy333 chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
So sweet!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I love it!
Maple Fay chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This was a lovely story, and you should definitely write more of Carson/Hughes, for you have a great eye for capturing their emotions. And the last sentence... Brilliance itself.

Thank you for sharing this with us!
OSUSprinks chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
So obviously I couldn't wait. Lol

" Love, Anna thought, was a very good look for her." This is the most beautiful line ever. Seriously. It's so true of both of them.

I loved your explanation of their relationship and his parting message to her was breath taking. Thank you for sharing. Happy writing!
ellie987 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I really hope you'll write more Carson/Hughes because this is certainly one of the best fics I've ever read. I so love your writing! It's so evocative, so rich in detail that I could really "see" what you were describing, from the pitch black darkness to the sound of Charles' voice to the warm light of Anna's candle, illuminating Elsie's face at the end. Everything was really so vivid and you've managed to create a fantastic atmosphere for this story.

That said, I also adore the interaction between Charles and Elsie. Everything is so sweet and...soft between them. I love they way they're trying to protect each other, the way they worry about each other and they're just there, to be the other's person. And I also loved the goodbye full of promises for the future because that "someday" was full of hope.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better...Anna seeing Elsie! That was a perfect final touch, both for what she says and the girl's feelings for Mrs. Hughes. But mostly I adored her observation at the end: love really suits her. That was just the perfect ending, really.

Looking forward to reading more C/E from you!
onmyside chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Why were you terrified of sharing this lovel ff? It was wonderful! Your style of writing is very captivating and creates vivid images in my mind.

Who'd thought that Anna AND Elsie both go to see their "lovers" at night? ;).

"Love, Anna thought, was a very good look for her." I totally agree!
sophiesophiesophiee chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Beautiful. Utterly beautiful. I cna't find any other words to describe this. Absolutely amazing.
CaptainAlice chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I loved it! Absolutely adorable. The ending was brilliant with Anna.
the maids diaries chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
It's that easy? Instead going at London he's staying in her bed? God, I envy him! *lol* Very nice fic, quite lovely. Please, update soon!
xaddict7 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is great! I especially liked this sentence:"Perhaps she should have been ashamed, she mused, but unlike many people she encountered, she had never been one to believe that love - real, honest love - should ever be something one is ashamed of."
Hogwarts Duo chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was an absolutely FANTASTIC story and I am so glad you decided to write it and then to share it with us. You have managed to capture Charles and Elsie perfectly and I could easily feel their emotions as you described them. I especially loved how Elsie knew exactly what he needed when he couldn't even articulate it. Beautiful!

And the kicker was when Anna discovered Elsie on her way back to her own rooms. It was very sweet of Anna to immediately think of Elsie and her honor before offering any excuses or explanations for her own trip across the hall. lol

Hope you'll have many more plot bunnies because I can't wait to read another story!
18tilIdie chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is beautifully written you have nothing to fear and should only be encouraged!
elementarylemon chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Truly wonderful. The pacing of your writing flows so well and you have a fantastic knack for visuals, too. Very tender.