Reviews for vainglorious
jessnicole chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
love this!
oceanofoswald chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I love Klaroline. I love Tuck Everlasting. This was perfection!

Are you thinking of ever writing KC again?
Romi chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Very good story :)) the ending was the best 3
catniphawthorne chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
adore this fanfic :3 so cute!
ever afters chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Beautiful! :) I also like how you wrote the truth about Elena. It always has to be about her. It's annoying. :)
TheAttentionJustEncouragesHer chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
lovely.
colorblinded chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Your writing always astounds me. I absolutely adore your depiction of Caroline, and Caroline-and-Klaus. Also, awesome kind-of-pun-title.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This was just wonderful. It was a joy to read. I hope you decide to write more Klaroline in the future!
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
This was so beyond perfect that I don’t even know how to put it into words, but I’ll try my best. First off, I am absolutely in love with the title and the lyrics that you used at the beginning – it really set the tone for the fic and made complete sense in the context of Klaus and Caroline both individually and in regards to their relationship once I got to the ending, which was amazing. (Sidenote: Leggo my eggo yes yes a thousand times yes, people need to back off Klaus because they’ve forgiven Stefan and Katherine and Damon in the past for equally evil deeds if not more.)

Your characterization of Caroline was very realistic. There were seriously no flaws in the way you wrote her, and it was so easy to feel sympathetic for her because you explored nearly all the angles of her character. I was hooked from the very first line and everything – from the Elena insecurities to her fragility stemming from never quite having a home to coming to terms with how she was going to be stuck at the age of seventeen forever – was beautifully tragic. I adore that you portrayed her as broken but also a fighter because you can’t really have one half of her without the other half, she’s sort of incomplete if you describe her as one extreme rather than the other, but you wrote her as a mix of strength and weaknesses and that was brilliant.

Klaus was epic as well, especially from Caroline’s point of view when she was going through his list of nicknames for her. He was just the right amount of charming and badass and combined with Caroline’s feistiness you truly wrote them excellently together. All their interactions were entirely plausible and didn’t seem out of place from what’s gone down on the show. The sections you wrote Elena and Tyler in were great, because I can imagine the disbelief everyone would go through after Caroline’s stubbornness for god knows how long that she thought Klaus was the worst person in the world. Caroline walking away from them was my absolute favorite thing, just because it brought everything full circle – first everyone walked away from Caroline, and now Caroline learned to walk away from everyone if they weren’t worth it. Character arcs like that make life worth living. On that note, I loved that she finally learned how to ride a bicycle at the end, too.

Favorite lines:

“She's seventeen, with an almost-perfect attitude, almost-perfect thoughts, and an almost-perfect smile—caught in the midst of other ordinary, almost-perfect girls and boys. The thought that she is never quite perfect, isn't lost on her, just shuffled, and stashed in the back of her brain, where the seams are un-tied, or unthreaded all-together.”

“Klaus, with old Hollywood glamour, golden hues of electricity that flows through her veins.”

“Whenever someone leaves her—and they always do, sometime or another—she waits a while behind them, waiting and waiting, for them to turn back around, and look back at her. Think she's worth another chance—another glance, just once, to see if maybe they're wrong.”

I enjoyed this immensely, it’s one of the best Klaus/Caroline & Caroline-centric fics I’ve ever read. You should definitely consider writing more in the TVD fandom, you’ve got a real talent at phrasing things to sound so gorgeous and accurately capturing various characters. Thanks for sharing this! xx
Opovedo chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
That was just awesome. I liked the way you depicted Caroline, and the last scene was sooo cute (and yet you made it appear totally plausible!)
I thank you very much for this story ! I really had a great time reading it )
seKretshidden chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I loved this! It's perfect!
dancingqueensillystring chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This was amazing. I love all Caroline stories but something about your characterization of her as really strong but also fragile really made me love her even more. Plus, Klaus, who is always perfect (minus the murdering, but hey, let's not get too picky here) Also, I will admit to getting a thrill out of the Elena bashing Caroline does, because, that girl...sometimes I just wanna hit her over the head. Anyway onto the constructive stuff, I liked the inclusion of quotes especially since they come from a book that is really relate-able to Caroline and Klaus's story line. I also loved the use of the bike. It really showed just how abandoned Caroline feels, which should be silly because it's just a bike and they do have more important things to be doing, but that's the kind of thing that your best friends should be able to find some time in their day to attempt to help you with, especially if some of that time they apparently don't have is being spent rehashing the love triangle that seems doomed to remain without a conclusion forever. Anyway, I kind of went of on a tangent there, but I just wanted to say how very excellent this story is. I already favorited it and you can be sure that I will be checking out your other stories.
CallMeLorena chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Amazing! \o\
Lynyrd Lionheart chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Love this. Everyone complains about Klaroline because Klaus is so evil... but Damon and Stefan have both done things that are every bit as horrible. The only difference is that they weren't done to someone in Elena's circle.

I also love how you wrote Caroline and her Elena insecurities. Caroline is my favorite character, and I wish she got a bit more love.
PLLHalebSpoby chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Wonderfully beautiful. Until very recently, I absolutely DESPISED the idea of Caroline being with a vampire that had 1) tried to kill Elena, her best friend since third grade, would have succeeded had it not been for Bonnie and 2) had killed Tyler, her boyfriend and literally would have KILLED him had it not been for Elena's blood being the all magical fix to create hybrids, and then controlled Tyler like a puppet.

But.

Underneath all of Klaus's evilness and underneath all of the snark and nastiness, lies a soul that has been severely wounded time and time again. This is a vampire that, even when he was human never had the approval of Mikael, never could do right by him and then when HE decides to selfishly create a vampire out of his son, decides that it was the "wrong" thing to do, and makes it his mission to end him.

No wonder Klaus has issues!

I love the fact that out of the thousands of women he's probably met, Caroline is the one that catches his eye and is the one that brings out the incredibly vulnerable and incredibly appealing side to him. The Klaus that draws pictures from his heart of her, of the horse, and the one that buys her the dress is the Klaus that has been alive deep down inside for thousands of years but has been suppressed by all of the hatred and death around him.