Reviews for The Wanderers
this is truly the longest and most well written story I have read on this site. you faced real life issues and were unafraid to truly horrify your readers with the death count and large scale battles. you intertwined romance, action, mystery, suspense, comedy, death and life in such a way that brought everything to a new light. Let me just say thank you for taking the time to write such a magnificently beautiful piece. if you ever branch out into an original story I'm diet you would have no problems becoming a very successful author.
Fuck flashbacks/fillers.
Huge-ass flashbacks... That really isn't a good way to keep the reader's interest in your fanfic
...at least not mine anyway
Malichite chapter 85 . 5/15
One thing I've thought of over the years, especially after seeing the first season of Naruto and then thinking on it, these aren't the Shinobi or ninjas that we think of. They are basically soldiers with powers and abilities that are only limited by imagination. They do all the same types of jobs soldiers, spies, assassins, scouts, snipers, and every other type of soldier does but is simply labeled Shinobi. They even have a sense of honor, which you wouldn't think Ninjas would really have, or at least have none for their enemies, which in the Narutoverse they do. I've only read a few stories that actually had the shinobi ACT like what we believe ninja's should act like. It wasn't as gritty as the characters were younger, but it really showed how someone even as minor as a child with NO ninjitsu could devastate enemies. It was really neat, just sad it like oh so many other stories simply died off with no end in sight.

With Gaara this battle would not have been a complete loss. Turning an entire dessert against his enemies would be possible, or simply lifting massive boulders of rock hard sand and minerals and dropping them on the enemies would have done a LOT of damage. Or turning the sand under which the enemy stood upon into quicksand and swallowing whole legions and letting them suffocate would have worked as well. One idea I had to take out the black cloak guys would be to summon a small sandstorm and hide rocks or kunai within and have puppeteers guide them to the right course.
And where have the Puppeteers been? Are all of them with Gaara? They could have made a nice addition and been a major help here in defense of the walls, or at least in the night time excursions against the enemies. I've been wondering where they have been this whole time. Are there simply none left anymore? I though Suna were known for their puppeteers?

Malichite chapter 82 . 5/15
I have to admit, your story is honestly the best portrayal of a full scale war between two ideals. I've read several stories that had one village verses another, even had half the villages vs. the other half, but still it didn't feel as brutal as you've portrayed. Losing friends and family members and new allies left and right. The body counts alone are staggering and the emotional turmoil it brings some is quite realistic. It's all something that a lot of people shy away from due to being TOO REAL I suppose. Reading a story of this magnitude is quite something to behold, and writing it is a noteworthy feat in my book.

It's been a great ride thus far and though I'm sad to see it'll be ending soon (18 chapters), it's been a fun one and something I'll definitely cherish. Depending on how it ends will show if it belongs in the epic list of stories. It's already one of the greats and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Malichite chapter 75 . 5/14
I'll be honest, this chapter felt like a filler. With all the chaos going around and with mess that was Otogakure going up, this felt like a filler. Mind you it felt like a good filler in that it had a little fight in it, but it also helped show how Choji has been, got to show more interactions between Kakashi and Konan, but it also felt like a slight reprieve from the chaos of the world going on.

Not a bad thing at all and one that is sometimes quite necessary.

Malichite
Naruto had 4 Noteworthy character deaths in my opinion, and this is not counting bad guys, simply good guys. Sarutobi, Asuma, Jiraiya and Neji. Jiraiya was my favorite of those 4 and he died like a boss. There weren't really any other major character deaths through the series. Nagato might be considered one, same with Konan, but thats up to the reader.

So far it seems like the best Seige warfare shinobi is Naruto with his ridiculous use of Clones. Able to make, control and take out thousands of enemies. One on one he is a powerful force for sure, but it seems his strength comes from large scale battles. Even smaller skirmishes work well with smaller batches of clones that can actually use Jutsu's.

Malichite chapter 70 . 5/12
One thing I think more of the Shinobi in your story need to utilize more are the terrains they inhabit. I forgot to mention this before but like with the previous chapters, creating an avalanche, though terrible to the village, would have wiped out most of the threat in one fell swoop. Attacking after that would have been a cleanup except for the General as he would have more than likely won.

Suna has a good natural defense with Garaa at command. Being able to manipulate sand has it's benefits in a Desert. Kiri should have a strong Navy being an Island nation and a strong focus on defense at it's shores but that was very absent.

I will say it was a smart move having Pain go the way he did. If not then he could have easily turned the tide. Being able to drop mountains on armies would have quickly changed the numbers game. Likewise with Naruto learning sage mode, he would have become a force of reckoning.

I feel like earth users and weapon users have the easiest time dealing with the enemy generals and red warriors, and now the black cloak guys. Creating bogs or swamps, creating chasms or massive pits, and even throwing massive stones would be quite effective. As long as it's not created using Chakra it seems to affect the enemies.

All of these are thoughts I've had for a while, but just finally decided to write out to get it out of the head, heh.

Malichite chapter 69 . 5/12
The first person style was a little jarring to get use to but once I was it was done rather well. If you use it more often it won't feel as jarring. After nearly 70 chapters one gets use to a certain way of writing, though I will say variety is nice and can help compliment and diversify a story quite well.

Malichite chapter 57 . 5/10
Typically writing such battles as this is very confusing and can get quite incoherent due to all manner of weapons, jutsu, and people flying to and fro. You actually did quite well here and though it might have been a little jumbled at times it was not as confusing as it could have been. Good job there.

Malichite chapter 48 . 5/5
I think one other thing you should have put with your scheduling of events for each party is their own time frame alongside. For instance it was 6 months for Shino, 2 for Naruto and Hinata, I think 8 for Neji and Tenten, and I don't really remember the others, or if I was completely correct on those time frames for Neji. You get my point though.

And I know You've already finished writing this, I typically look for nice long stories, though your's is one of the larger ones I've read. I like the fact that it's finished because I know exactly what I'm getting into here with a complete story, and your writing style is nicely done. Needs some polishing here and there, and a few tweaks that I feel you'll come unto your own with more writings. It's a pleasant reading experience, and that is saying something after you've read hundreds of other stories that are simply a chore and pain to read.
I actually have no idea how I didn't stumble upon your story sooner, but I'm glad I did.

Malichite chapter 47 . 5/4
I always like Itachi and this was pretty damn good for his character, though I'm sad to see he'll be Jito's replacement for the enemy. I'm still wondering how exactly that works but then again it wouldn't do for you to spoon feed us readers everything all at once so I'll leave the reveal for later.

Malichite chapter 45 . 5/4
I'm suddenly thinking of Asuma and Kurenai when I think of Kakashi and Konan retiring. Will they simply be found and exterminated as well?

I feel like that woman was simply the embodyment of Spiritual energy. Her form was simply that of a physical manifestation of her spiritual power. And her ability was to drain one's spiritual energy dry. That or she's simply a rip off the KING of Hueco Mundo from Bleach. With his powers over death as they were and his ability to kill with a single touch.
It's either those or I'm completely off, heh.

Malichite chapter 43 . 5/4
I agree with the sentiment about Konan, she really is awesome and was a total badass. It sucks that she basically killed herself trying to kill Obito, and would have suceeded if he didn't use that broken Sharingan Invuln Life Reset switch. At least I think she died since we like never see her again in the series.

Malichite chapter 42 . 5/4
I really like Nagisa. I thought her characters was really neat and a nice dichotomy of a normal Inuzuka with an animalistic side, but also another quieter side. I'm really happy to see her back again. I thought she might show up at some point like Jito did but I'm glad it's in a so far more lively and active role. Looking forward to reading about him too though. I don't quite understand how exactly they were using him to help transform/condition shinobi into their own pawns but I suppose we'll get to that eventually.

Several aspects of the story thus far I've predicted though there were quite a few that didn't go as I thought they would, which is actually a good thing. I'm glad this story has kept me guessing here and there, makes it more interesting.