Reviews for The Best Lies
Axiotea chapter 4 . 4/1/2014
Yes! I love the play with the bob Ross stuff
mngrue chapter 5 . 7/5/2013
Super cute throughout :-) Great job.
maribeth.shuman chapter 5 . 6/24/2013
I cannot even. I have just read all of these with my friend standing beside me laughing and crying with me (all over again, as she's read them this morning-points if you can guess who she is; she said she liked that you mixed humor with the father/son aspect between Peter and Neal ;). You are awesome. And oh my God, the Bob Ross thing had me dying. xD My father watches that man on PBS and the description of the dream...-giggles madly-...the image of Mozzie yelling at Neal that the "trees aren't happy enough!" is just...-collapses into hysterics-. And kudos to Neal for making psycho trees. xD
Now I'm afraid of my backyard.
Seriously, though, lovely job! :)
Mysteryfan17 chapter 5 . 6/24/2013
AAAAAHHH! Oh that is so sweet. I figured it out as being a gift too. Also, that quote at the top...oh man, I still have that episode on the DVR, SAVED, because it just gave me goose bumps. I can't help it, I'm a bit of a hurt/comfort junkie and when Neal was hit, even though I was already sure the reason he made himself a target to draw the fire from Peter, at least, the way he did, instead of yelling and such, was because he had the vest on, MAN...and the look on Peter's face...I swear, I wanna know if someone did a 'Peter's thoughts' on that scene. Anyway, keep these up too, you have a flair for mixing humor with sweet, touching 'family' moments. 5/5
Mysteryfan17 chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
Ok, I am faving this even just for these first three. It's awesome and I LOVE the Peter/Neal father/son bit. I am laughing so hard but it's sweet at the same time.
Twinchy chapter 5 . 3/14/2013
Oh, this chapter was incredibly heart-warming and moving, particularly to go with that awesome quote from the episode.

I loved how all the characters from White Collar were involved in the story, even Houghes who I adore as much as anyone else of his (co-)workers at the FBI.

Also, what a fabulous idea to gift Peter with an original Neal Caffrey (in the style of...)! hehe I bet the Burkes, not to mention everyone else, surely loves the painting to no end. And not just the painting but the gesture as well.

Terrific update!
W0lf-Spirit chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
"Neal just happened to take a painting for a walk"
I imagine Neal walking a painting like a dog now... Maybe I should be asleeep...

"impeccably dressed in his suit and hat as always, sitting on the floor happily wrestling with the dog."
Such a cute picture.

That wasn't as hilarious as I found the other two but it made me seriously smile. I like that is played in with the angry little trees. (just laughed out loud at the thought... I imagine evergreen trees with mad faces... Yea) It was so amazingly sweet. Sorry for the lack of decent reviews. This is just great and I hope you continue more stories like this!
W0lf-Spirit chapter 4 . 2/14/2013
"I know. It was weird dream. Anyway, the next day I was still irritated with the whole concept of 'happy little trees,' and I painted this on a whim to see if I could paint 'angry little trees' instead."
Neal probably never thought he would say that sentence in his life.

"Angry little trees," repeated Jones, looking at the painting again. "'Angry' isn't quite the description I would have used. Homicidal little trees maybe. Psycho little trees planning to slit your throat in a dark valley. But I guess we can go with 'angry.'"

Oh my god. Trees? LOL

And yea... The thig with mozzie... Very...mozzieish
W0lf-Spirit chapter 3 . 2/14/2013
"El gave him a reproachful look. "Honey," she began gravely, laying a hand on his arm, "why didn't you tell me we had a son? This is not something a woman should have to find out from her husband's coworkers."
That's it. I'm crying. Oh my god.

"after a moment, he looked back towards Peter and El, as if looking for reassurance that Neal wasn't being tortured by some invisible tickling monster"
As a dog owner I know that EXACT look!

"I thought mothers usually knew when they had kids"
God... Now my dogs are going to start wondering why there's weird strangled laughing noises coming from my room at 6:40am

God that was fantastic. I wanna hear more in a genre like that. Serious or lighter or dark. I think it'd be great.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 2 . 2/14/2013
"have I made you so mad that I'm being sent home without dinner?"
It was cute the first time he said it but this particular wording is just so adorable!

"Neal fiddled with the door lock, avoiding eye contact. "Well, I wouldn't phrase it quite like that..." He shifted in his seat."
Neal is such a child sometimes.
W0lf-Spirit chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Its6:30 in the morning and I'm laughing nearly to tears at the line ""I don't think they do, Dad. I told you, you should have worn your hat."" even thou I knew that was coming lol

"Peter learned that he and his wife had adopted Neal when he was 12, extext"
My family is gonna think I'm insane with my loling. I want to see this in the shoooowwww"

The last line, to, made me laugh loudly.

It also makes me think how much I want for there to be more parental Peter and Neal fics. I don't see them as a couple but I totally see an interesting father-type roll on Peter. Trying to steal Neal to make right choices... Deciding to be tough or forgiving. Ext.
anon70 chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
Oh, I have never laughed so hard reading WC fan fiction! Awesome work :)
Hieiko chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Aww! :)
Jessie237 chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Really lovely
Guest chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Haha, I could totally see Mozzie complaining about the trees not being happy enough! I really like this story. The characters are very well portrayed and your writing is really good too!