Reviews for Awkwardness
It'sxy chapter 10 . 1/14
This is honestly one of my favorite stories ever. It's so cute and kind of sad and absolutely well written... I love it
ProfessorFerrars3256 chapter 10 . 10/11/2016
It didn't feel rushed at all to me! Great story!
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/4/2016
I'm very happy to see you back! How have you been?

And I am delighted by Hermione's and Severus' correspondence. It is sweet, as are the owl and the Kneazle.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/20/2016
Cute congrats
SeveraSnape6 chapter 10 . 3/1/2016
Love this story! And all of your others! Thanks for sharing your work!
EclecticBonVivant chapter 9 . 1/7/2016
So completely wonderful! I love your writing and how you depict these two characters. Very well done...as always.
EclecticBonVivant chapter 10 . 1/7/2016
Love this and all your writing!
Guest chapter 10 . 11/5/2015
I did not see the update - its been a few months. My son had the same habit and I remember thinking he will be like that till college! I had done some travel with him and I found the break in schedule helped break the habit. I could not make him cry either. Good luck!

Lovely lovely story - you are an amazing writer. I am sure with your sensitivity, you will be a great mom!
Guest chapter 10 . 10/4/2015
Thank you for your wonderful story! I think it is amazing that you finished it despite having a small child. As to nursing: my kids always fell asleep that way (or while in the carrier or pram) and they both stopped nursing when it felt right for them (at 20 and 22 months). At that age they only needed me when going to bed or when seriously hurting. Of course they get used to it and then want to have it but I found that they went to sleep just as well without nursing if I was not around. Both went from breast directly to drinking from a cup, I think that was a good thing.
Just imagine getting up a few times every night, warming up the bottle etc as people who do not nurse have to do, that sounds pretty stressful to me.
Just noticed you posted this in July. I hope your son is sleeping through already. If not - do not let other people bother you, just go along with what feels right for both of you (or the three of you). And don't hesitate to ask people for help - most people are truly happy to spend some time with a little one, I always cherish these hours with neighbours kids, doing again things my own are way too cool for like making chestnut horses or paperstars or just pushing a pram along, admiring every leave on the way. Best wishes!
Lily chapter 10 . 8/14/2015
This was a gem to read; I love your style of writing :)
Lily chapter 5 . 8/14/2015
This is so adorable bless your soul
newmommyak chapter 10 . 8/11/2015
The book "Healthy Sleep, Happy Baby" helped me immeasurably.
For the latching thing - I would nurse a last time, brush his little 3 teeth, then rock for a bit and put him down sleepy. There is a little crying (mostly half-hearted pouting) involved some nights, but after 4 months old they can self-soothe and just need the chance to learn it. Routine helps.
oregonbird chapter 1 . 7/25/2015
I love this story - this is my third time reading through - and I want to pick out and lightly squish every 'only', 'just' and 'of course'. The story is delicate and tentative all on its own, quite naturally; it doesn't need such base qualifiers!
halbarath chapter 10 . 7/21/2015
Hello there !

Thank you for the reading. I've stayed til the end, I don't regret it. It was a lovely ending, exactly the closure your story needed. Thank you very much for not abandoning it.

For your kid, I suppose you've tried the pacifier ? The feeding bottle ? Did you try getting him almost asleep in your arms in his room and then putting him to bed and staying until he's really asleep ? I read "the no-cry sleep solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. Didn't help me much but maybe the book can help you ? I empathize...
h2Og1rl chapter 10 . 7/21/2015
Thank you for this story, I love your writing!
I think you live in England. I'm in the USA.
My only boy is 23yrs now, but he nursed for2 1/2 yrs. nothing serious after abot 12 months... Just to go to sleep or if he was sick (since it was the only thing he could keep down.)
La Leche League was so helpful regarding breastfeeding questions. Is there a chapter near you?
Some of the woman are more radical than I am, and that was a little off-putting (to see a 4 yr old boy run up to his mom, lift her shirt, and help himself... Wow) but overall, very helpful. Good luck and have fun...the years will fly by! And congratulations one your beautiful little boy! Meg