Reviews for The Mark of a Hero
Dumbledoreforever chapter 22 . 4/19
This fan fiction has been really good please continue it
This is still my absolute favorite HP fanfic on the site - you write fantastically well, and the plot is brilliant. Is there any way you would consider coming back to this? Or telling us if you plan to do so? You would honestly make me so happy if you updated!
Erica chapter 22 . 3/15
My soul weeps that I've read this story 80000 times and there is likely never going to be more. Gaaaaah.
Hehe nice Way to make Snape and harry spend quality Time together
thingsthatmakeme chapter 8 . 2/21
This is so interesting! Really neat idea to have the Order watch this! I can't wait to read more!
wrappedinharry chapter 6 . 1/23
Before starting this story, I read 'Strength in Weakness'. Imagine my surprise when I realised that I had read large sections of this chapter before...from the dates, I gather that you wrote this first and then transcribed parts of the chapter into chapter 37 of SinW.

Not that this is a problem as the words are yours and they fit both stories. Just thought I'd mention that I recognised the composition of words.

wrappedinharry
wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 1/23
More of Harry being an island unto himself. He just recently wrote himself a list of things to do, and one of those things was to listen to people...Hermione specifically but Hermione isn't the only being in the Wizarding World who knows anything. Perhaps 'people' refers to anyone but Hogwarts Professors.
wrappedinharry chapter 3 . 1/23
I am enjoying your story, but from your synopsis, I thought we would be seeing more of Dumbledore and Harry interacting; I thought DD would realise quickly that there was something wrong at the Dursley's. How could he be so obtuse, after all, he was already at the Dursley's when Vernon called Harry down from his room in a very aggressive tone and threatened him if he didn't hurry up. What's the point of having a guard outside when all the ill-treatment is going on inside?

Harry is just obsessing now because he has no one to interact with. And speaking of interacting, I think Harry was very off-hand with Remus; very selfish in his dealings with him. Remus was worried about how Harry is coping, and though Harry made all the right noises, it does not seem as if he really cares how Remus is coping; did it not occur to him that Remus might want to foster a closer relationship with him because he too now no longer has any of his Marauder family left and Harry is the closest he has to a family.

So, although I am enjoying your writing, the story isn't going in the direction I thought it would...not yet anyway.

Also, is there a chance that you're planning to finish this?

wrappedinharry.
ellasdele chapter 22 . 12/3/2014
One of if not the best fandom stories I have ever read. I hope you update this.
pepperleaves chapter 22 . 11/17/2014
Why must this story be so complicated omg
Guest chapter 22 . 10/25/2014
I am heartbroken that you haven't updated for a long time - I really love your writing and I am so invested in this story that not being able to read more is really sad!
Melindaleo chapter 22 . 10/17/2014
Oh, please. You can't just leave us there! Please don't. You titled chapter 23, so it must at least have been started. I don't know if you're even still in the fandom or getting these reviews, but if you are, please consider coming back to this wonderful story. I know you said you'd outlined it - even if you could drop me a PM and fill in some gaps, I'd greatly appreciate it. I help my breath when DD was telling McGonagall what would happen. I was terrified you were going to send him off with Snape! Thank God it was Lupin. I do hope DD filled Lupin in on Harry's violent past. If Harry believes he's 11, some of that is bound to come out, and Lupin has to be ready. I'm sure Harry will get his memory back, but I desperately want to read it. You're a fantastic story teller.
Melindaleo chapter 19 . 10/17/2014
I wonder why they are using Muggle dueling rather than wands? The only other thing that really gave me pause was Harry calling for help. Harry never outright asks for help, so I did pause there, even though I'd be screaming like a maniac. I hope he gets out soon, its hard to read him being hurt, and I was so enjoying him getting time with the Weasleys.
Melindaleo chapter 18 . 10/17/2014
Gasp! My guess is Umbridge! Yipes though. And here I was just hoping for some fuzzy warm Christmas moments between Harry and Ginny. Wowza.
Melindaleo chapter 16 . 10/17/2014
This was the first chapter that confused me a bit. I was happy to see Harry go off on Umbridge. I despise that woman. I was confused by the reaction of the other students, however. Harry wasn't the only one to receive those detentions. Lee Jordan, in particular had been mentioned.

I was worried about Harry flying after what happened, but somehow, I still don't want flying taken away from him. It's his only release, and I think he needs it desperately. I wonder if the Room of Requirement could help?

I can't wait to see how Snape takes Harry's rant at Umbridge.