Reviews for UnVeiled
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 5/19/2014
Frankly, Harry really does care for Severus, which is more than I could say for either Lily or Dumbledore.

And it's good to see the little boy realize he's finally safe (which he never has been, ever).

Somehow, nobody had any trouble believing Snape was really Snape...

Don't know how I missed this chapter, but here I am.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
Glad to see that Remus intends to keep Sirius firmly in hand. I wish him luck. I don't blame Severus for being afraid that Sirius, Jamie, and Teddy will gang up on him, and I am very glad he brought that up, so the responsible adults will put their foot down over it.

I think Severus and Alby will get along very nicely, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/17/2014
Sounds like all the older teachers but McGonagall have retired by now, judging by all the former students now teaching.

And what a surprise to have Sirius and Severus show up!

What fun it will be for Harry to get Sirius to grow up-and for Severus to allow himself to be a kid.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I wonder who covers for Remus when he's gone for one week each month? And if the person who covers for him gets a bonus for extra work (especially Snape isn't around to dump all the extra work on for free).

Apparently there's a grave for Snape-is there a body in it?

As for Lily, it seems she was able to forgive 'don't make me hex you, Evans' when it came from a rich, handsome pureblood. And that of course *she* never dropped any branches on her sister. Frankly, Severus had a lucky escape from her-he would have spent his entire life apologizing to her for whatever he'd done wrong *that* day.

Of course Dumbledore is a great man-staked the Potters out as bait by not Obliviating Snape about the prophecy, kept the Cloak that might have saved them...you know, the little things. And the nice thing about both was that he could blame Snape for everything and make him feel guilty enough to risk his life for the next couple of decades, not knowing that Albus was going to set him up to die by the Order if they won, till it was too late, by having Snape kill him (even though it was totally ineffective in giving him dominion over the Elder Wand, and wasn't actually necessary, as it turned out. Plus, if Albus had succeeded, then Voldie would have had the Elder Wand actually work properly for him. Oops).

But Harry still adores Dumbledore, and sucks up all the flattery (totally forgetting about that whole Dursley thing).
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
Having no student fail an exam is a huge accomplishment to any educator (provided the teachers/proctors aren't rigging the tests).

Remus may feel for himself that his bum leg precludes teaching defense, but as "Moody" demonstrated, it is not the case for everyone. When magic is involved physical limitations matter much less. Remus has also never shown any aptitude for Transfiguration (which arguably could be a more deadly art), it was James and Sirius who excelled in that field.

Though it could be naiveté on the part of the narrator (this is presumably taking place from Harry's perspective), having something written into law does not mean oppression or discrimination goes away.

The incident in the park between Lily and Severus was not only not accidental magic (Lily was deliberately floating herself and opening and closing a flower), but it was also not the first time Severus had seen Lily; he had been spying on her for some time.

I'm not sure if this is deliberate and will be explained to Harry later, but the reason Lily refused to accept his apology isn't because of a single slip of the tongue but because he was already hanging out with other Death Eater, and according to Lily: "but you call everyone of my birth mudblood." This was simply the last straw, her realizing that not only was he never going to change, but that she was responsible for his choices.

And to assume that he never partook in any "rituals" or "rites" as you called them (torture, murder, and rape) is the most absurd thing I have ever read in my life. Not only did Harry NOT receive all of Severus's memories, if it were that easy to infiltrate the Death Eaters, they wouldn't have even lasted a month. All illicit organizations require its members to commit certain acts to ensure loyalty (so to weed out the weak and the informants). For Severus to have risen as high as he did in the Death Eaters (and he must have for Voldemort to have offered to spare Lily's life), he must have committed some truly heinous acts dozens, if not hundreds, of times over.

Honestly, I really don't understand why you feel the need to retell the story, twisting and glossing over some of the more uncomfortable bits, when you could just get to the original content. This story is presumably meant for people who know what Harry Potter is, so why retell the story in a less compelling, more misogynistic way?
cucumbersaregreen chapter 2 . 3/23/2014
As I always make a point of never reading stories that cast hitting a child in an even remotely good light I to stop here which is a shame. The story sounds intriguing and your writing style is good.
Have a good day
Cucu
angelic hellcat chapter 49 . 3/6/2014
yes oh yes we can keep her little Sevvy you with your cute adorable onyx eyes peering up through too long bangs oh so cute and poor mama i hate hunters
angelic hellcat chapter 39 . 3/5/2014
i don't mean to be picky but wouldn't Indigo be the fourth born girl since it would be Ginny, Rose, Victoire, and then Indigo. also did you do the goblins attitudes on purpose because in the books and movies Goblins are somewhat mean and tough creatures not courteous and nice especially to wizards all in all i really have enjoyed this story so much it is so original and i love little Sevvy he is so adorable i want to adopt him for my own though i have to complain a little because i love sexy Sev and now it is at odds with the little adorable Sevvy lol
Nemaya chapter 61 . 1/12/2014
Great story! I will definitely read the sequel to this when it's up. Please post a notice at the end here when you do?
Nemaya chapter 40 . 1/12/2014
You forgot about Victoire in the beginning of the chapter. Ginny, Victoire, Rose and Indigo makes four girls.
Very lovely chapter!
Pettigrew chapter 45 . 1/10/2014
There is just not enough anal sex in this story. Please rectify this.
Pettigrew chapter 37 . 1/10/2014
Why isn't there more anal sex in this story?
Dragons-Twilight1992 chapter 61 . 1/4/2014
Love it
MALFOYISAGIT chapter 43 . 12/24/2013
I live on the Isle of Palms in South Carolina, so I was directly hit, but we got a week off school because of the hurricane. Also we had a really bad three day power outage, so that was pretty boring. Do you live in New Jersey or New York or so we here like that?
Guest chapter 18 . 12/23/2013
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your mum! And it most certainly will not be a happy 4th of July for me! I'm English! By the way, to any of you young Brits out there, don't do 6th form. Just don't.
2,745 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »