Reviews for UnVeiled
excessivelyperky chapter 49 . 8/10/2015
Dudley and Monica are obviously on their way to a divorce. But if that happens, it'll be difficult for Dudley to get remarried-since he doesn't have any magical powers himself, he won't be seen as much of a catch there, and few Muggles are going to accept the magical world.

And Ginny would have to be pretty hard core not to give into Sevvy when he's doing the Bambi eyes. Plus, he's shown himself to be pretty responsible and probably will do much of the work for Bright Shadow.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
I would like to congratulate you on a very well written story. You have a good style and it really was something different to read.
There is however something that made me feel uncomfortable - and it is completely unrelated to the Sirius Severus conflict in fandom
I too am talking from personal expierence - we had a few boys back in school who caused a lot of trouble, bullying was part of it - I don't want to go into detail but it was bad. One of the boys (he was often the instigater, but of course they also egged each other on...) well I later learned that he had a really bad home life and a violent father. You mentioned their home lifes - I don't know what the reviewer said and I hope he was polite, because I know this discussions can get heated - well, I don't think we can judge them since we only get snippets of information via Severus memories as well as the description of grimmauld place. I just think that only because Sirius was rebellious and loud, while sev remained more quiet it means that he only suffered verbal abuse WE DON'T KNOW, sometimes children who grew up in a violent household follow their parents example and turn their anger on others. And I think that using this to explain Remus hand on approach while Harry tries to avoid a spanking the few times Sev slips up was a little, well, I don't know, maybe I understood sth wrong but it didn't feel right and I stopped reading after this. I was sad because I liked your story, I absolutely love Severus, Sirius, and Harry, yes all canon characters despite their relationships with each other and I adored the second cildhood chance. I even talked with a mentor who has a lot more expierence with troubled children than I have because I was so unsure of this approach, I am studying to become a teacher and recognizing certain signs and knowing how to deal with children with a bad home life as well as dealing with bullying are things I take to heart. Especially when I remember some of the bullies back in school and look back with a different perspective (not unlike Harry who, despite being at the end of his Professors wrath and bitterness learned to forgive him, well I myself at least learned to understand)
To deal with the other part of your explanation
... The Blacks being dark wizards, well we only have Harrys observation when he thought (when first setting foot in GP, that it looked like the home of dark wizards), we know the Blacks were racists, not only because of mrs Blacks portait, their first approval of LV but by seeing how they dealed with the family members who were sqipps or didn't marry purebloods- only by looking at their family tree, we also know from the cleaning molly coached that their were a lot of dark objects that needed to be dealed with. We also know some members had violent tendencies, with their tradition of house elf beheading and trying to legalise muggle hunting - we also know Sirius parents at least followed the house elf tradition, or honored it enough to clue them on the wall. So I guess you could call them dark... Which doesn't mean they didn't love at least Regulus (lucius malfoy is hands down a dark wizard and despite all his faults (he tried to get muggle born children killed by passing the diary to ginny and he knew it would open the chamber) he loves his son). I think Orion and walburga 'loved' their children as long as they were presentable little purebloods and agreed with them. That doesn't mean they weren't punished if they disagreed or misbehaved, shaming the Black family name.
Severus came from a violent home life, I once read (i don't know if it is canon...) that his father could not handle his wife and child being magical... Not unlike the dursleys. The Snapes were poor and Severus in desperate need for some love. It is a sad and tragic story, how he won a friend in Lily and lost her to his attempt of becoming someone great (jkr sometime after the books mentioned Severus thought he could impress Lily by becoming a death eater, instead he lost her because of it). I guess his dislike for muggles stemes from his expierences with his father - and who can blame him?
Harry would be the only one, seeing as he also grew up with magic fearing abusive relatives, but he doesn't, so why should we? I think it is more revolting to read that Dumbledore left Harry with them after knowing how Tom Riddle turned out, after Severus - and to think that he was called the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had. If Albus Dumbledore would offer me to teach my children away in a boarding school I would pack our bags and run.
But that is just me. I liked that you brought up the topic of Dumbledore leaving Severus to Voldemorts mercy, seeing as with killing DD legend considered him the Master of the Elder Wand...
I am sorry for the ramble, well I guess we can say your story moved me so much, I had to review despite being unregisterd and not the reviewing type, shame on me.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
I want to appl
excessivelyperky chapter 48 . 7/25/2015
Yes, it's never a good idea to move someone with a head injury (or scrape their head against a wall as was done to Snape in canon). Sirius was an idiot, but this isn't anything new, and he paid for it plenty with having to stay in bed.

Sev is sure good with Indi, isn't he?

And it's neat that both Jamie and Sirius are in the commercial. Maybe they'll stop fighting!
Gleas chapter 22 . 7/23/2015
Hahaha Sev is truly starting to let loose now beware adults!
GirlWithACurl chapter 61 . 7/20/2015
Love this story! PLEASE work on the sequel!

- All my best wishes.
excessivelyperky chapter 47 . 7/21/2015
Oops. Well, Sev will learn how to ask for help because he's a child.

Someday. Right now he and Lily are hurting too bad (hurrah for 'stop, drop, and roll').

And the mums are doing their best.
Gleas chapter 11 . 7/21/2015
Oh dear... I see where this is going
Gleas chapter 7 . 7/21/2015
I rather think Sirius got off easy... I'd have screamed myself hoarse at him and probably took him home for the night (from all the fun and yummy dinner) after the spanking... since he can't act like a civilized person. Though... I suppose since he's adjusting, it's alright for now
Gleas chapter 5 . 7/21/2015
Sometimes I hate Sirius and how he has no concept of forgiveness or empathy...
Jetsun1119 chapter 61 . 7/20/2015
This story is absolutely incredible, not to mention hysterical and heartbreaking by turns. Thank you for writing it!
PrincessMoony chapter 34 . 7/7/2015
'Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four' hahahaha! I loved that! This fic is awesome, and Sev/Lily is so sweet! Thank you thank you thank you! -M
excessivelyperky chapter 46 . 7/2/2015
I'm so glad that Celia had such a good time, both with Harry's family and her own. I'm also happy that Dudley wants to do right by her.

A talking toaster? Let me guess, Arthur bought it from the red dwarf...
excessivelyperky chapter 45 . 5/31/2015
This is a lovely chapter, and I feel for both Celia and Dudley (I hope Dudley makes a financial contribution to Harry's family no matter how much Harry says not to; Celia is going to cost some money).

And Sev did the right thing by making Celia understand that she wasn't the only one - he is becoming more empathetic than he used to be.
marthapreston4 chapter 51 . 5/31/2015
well I am glad he finally fixed it
2,715 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »