Reviews for The Madness of Our Endeavors
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 13 . 7/4/2012
I haven't been reviewing this story for a while, have I? It's very interesting, although you present a quite depressing future for the Brown and McFly families. I also don't get why Doc would need pills to stay alive - can't he just go to the future and get a rejuvenation? It's just... strange.

Well, I hope that after this whole incident is over, the future will be at least a bit better. Keep up the good work.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 7 . 4/4/2012
Good job. I was counting on the 1998 group to find the 2011 group first, not the other way around, but this sounds good too.

Oh, and Jules and Verne are hilarious together.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 6 . 3/24/2012
After reading your last chapter, I think there's some hope history will be changed. They're in 2011, right? In Jules' and Verne's present. That will be... interesting, to say the least.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 5 . 3/24/2012
Sorry for not replying earlier. You're still doing very good. I guess the trip to 1911 isn't going to end as well as Marty or Doc expects.

For this chapter, I have to say that having a three-year-old Jules help is a bit of a stretch. Although I guess he could fetch some tools for his father. Also, I'm not sure why Doc would waste time on an anti-gravity device when having a time machine again should be priority number one. And shouldn't he be able to patent that and gain money that way rather than invest in companies? (Never mind the fact that trying to collect these old investments would surely raise suspicion). Furthermore, I wouldn't think that Doc could bring himself not to go back in time to prevent Clara's death, just like he couldn't bring himself to throw her into the ravine in 1885. And Doc dying in his eighties... with so much future medicine at one's disposal, I really can't see it happening.

Beyond that, your story is still fairly good, though. And getting scary with these chemicals.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
Well, that's another very good installment, and an interesting cliffhanger. I hadn't realized Robin was a girl in the last chapter, so I suppose it's good I found out now. But no Marty Jr? I guess I can understand that, but not even a Marlene? I can't see a reason for that, but I guess you can. Do the kids look like Marty or like Jennifer?
PreVetKet chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
Great start! Your story has the perfect balance. I can't wait to read another chapter. Jules and Verne are well developed. This Marty is more believable than the future Marty from BFF2. But then again his future was changed. I look forward to another chapter. I appreciate novel length fanfiction stories.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
Another good chapter. You supplied interesting information about what happened between 1985 and 1998, and the idea that Marty would end up having more kids is plausible enough. (Although it does make me wonder where Marty Jr is. You mentioned a daughter, which I presume is still Marlene, but there was no mention of MJ.)Also, the idea of Marty being one of Verne's teachers is cool, and one I'd never thought of before.

Anyway, good work. Keep it up, I will be looking forward to finding out more about this world.
JenniferMcFly chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This sounds like the start of a real good and interesting story! I really like the way you writing. I hope you will update this soon ;)
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This looks like it's shaping up to be a good story. In fact, it looks like a very good story. It's been a while since I saw a story like this.

As for Jules' and Verne's characters, I'll concede that I, too, tend to loosely base Jules' character on the semi-canon Animated Series (by the way, it's canon, not cannon) but there's no reason to go all the way if you don't want to. You said that TAS is mostly atrocious, so no one would stop you if you wanted to moderate Jules' speech.

I'm curious why Doc died (even if it's 2011, his rejuvenation should allow him to be alive, so it might not have been from natural causes) and of course, what is hidden in the basement. But I guess I'll find out.

Good luck with the rest of the story, and nice to see you (albeit unknowingly) used my birthday as the date in this chapter.