Reviews for A Comfortable Sort of Love
Elficiel chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
It's great to see your take on non-support pairings, they're always credible and well depicted. You said in your profile you aimed for giving fictional characters more human and realistic traits, and you managed it. Now, Hector is definitively going to be my favourite FE7 character.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
WHAT I HAVE SO MANY FEELS RIGHT NOW.

[But there was the whole "she runs away from him every time he approaches her" thing.] So, this. I'm glad you brought this up. I like HectorxFlorina well enough, but every fic I've read about them has her getting over her fear, or rather her LIFE-CHANGING PHOBIA, extremely quickly. It just doesn't happen that way, IF EVER, so it's refreshing to see a more realistic take on things here.

["Naw," he said, sounding casual. "I didn't think you did. I just thought, you know, it wouldn't hurt to say it, just in case."] Oh my gosh. My heart. I actually said "Abloobloobloo" out loud while reading this. STOP MAKING ME SO SAD. AND MAKING ME LOVE HECTOR SO MUCH.

I think Farina's section is really the most powerful. It's just so true and so strong and something that really happens to people. You brought in all the possible baggage that Farina could've had in her past without being explicit about anything. Also, this line: [She rolled out from beneath him and dressed herself with practiced ease.] SO TELLING. Easily the best line in the entire fic, just for the weight it carries and the explanation it gives, all by itself. The best writing is mostly lines like this. I really struggle with them, myself.

I also really like your version of older!Serra. She strikes me as a little more mature, but still full of...well, Serra. And the idea of a comfortable love is such a great one, as we've discussed before. When all is said and done, it should be comforting still. Like a fine wine! It changes with age into just what you need.

This one was my favourite, of what I've read so far today. BY THE WAY.

Love,
Kender
Queen Lua chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Ooh, I really liked this.

I particularly dug the bit with Farina—the way she keeps her emotional distance, even after being with Hector for so long, even when he's trying so hard—it felt very plausible, and the parting there was both inevitable and a little sad. And the other scenes were great too; the dialogue felt pitch-perfect throughout.

Thanks for sharing!
Dragonspite chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
This was cute and very romantic. :3
Bananafrak chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Beautiful.
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Aww. Very nice. Both the rejections and the end result were very well-written. It's way too easy to screw up in a relationship; you've portrayed that nicely here. And the ending's cool too.

Nice work.
quintilis chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Yes yes yes! I don't think I've ever seen Hector/Serra before so this was wonderful. I've always been partial to Serra and never really liked any of Hector's conventional matches (except his bromance with Eliwood of course). I really liked how there was a symmetry with Hector's past interests and Oswin for Serra. It's appropriate that they don't fall in love magically all at once because that would not be fitting considering their circumstances. I wish I could help you with typos and things but I'm on my phone at the moment and can't really read too well. Anyway, thanks for the read! It was a breath of fresh air in the FE fandom.

quintilis
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Aw. I was waiting for you to post this one, and it turned out to be very satisfying.

I do like how you write failed or non-starter relationships without their being a bad guy. Hector's missteps were believable and he and the three girls all remained sympathetic, and the specific direction each failure took seemed well in-character.

And the ending! I admit to a bias for that particular pairing, but it was realistic and moving (and, ooh, the part about Oswin) and just *worked* for me.

Did notice a few rough spots in the grammar ("if he'd been destroying from the moment") but the word choice and such was effective throughout. Thumbs up.