Reviews for Ink That Brands
GoodByeApathy2 chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
Been reading some old stories i missed along the way and this is one of them. Outstanding! Captured Castle perfectly. Brilliant
swallowedminds chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this :) Great job! Really!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
"He hasn't done anything wrong" seriously ? His lie was awful
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
That was adorable. And sad. Love that Castle is actually aware that she loves him too, I hate how they made him so clueless after the whole remembering thing in the show.
Ana chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
it's a beautiful story!
caskettlover45 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
your stories are amazing I love them all.. I just started Of Finding Innocence and I can't wait to read the rest of it! :)
LaLa111202 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
Wow, this was really well done! I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of your work.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
hearthbreaking.
congratulations! :)
ajbt720 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is gorgeous and painful and heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time and I'm so very glad that their revelations weren't the end of them but a whole new beginning.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
ahhh tears even though they are together now.
nixer chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I love everything about this story. From a selfish point of view I love that you see the secrets like I do, both bad, neither crippling, hers born of self-preservation, but he guesses (he always guessed - what was 47 seconds about again?), his born of love. Personally I found his worse not because of pursuing the case alone - that was completely understandable - but because of the active lie, the betrayal and manipulation, promising to exercise control over her life, to deny her her own choices.

I love this line:

"She looks at him like he's some kind of super hero and he stands straighter, laughs louder, becomes a better man."

because I've always loved how Castle pushes himself for her, even in the aspects of his personality she finds aggravating, he is always showing off, demanding attention, but at the same time trying so hard, so desperately, to be better for her. So many fans talk about the "wasted time" and seem to imply that they should have got together at the start or early season one. I don't think that could ever have worked, certainly not long term. The show was so much more light-weight back them that both characters were somewhat unpleasant charicatures - Castle a smug know-it-all, arrogant and smarmy; Beckett prickly, controlling and defensive; both of them constantly competing and bickering and I never found it charming at all - though it was often funny.

I also like this:

"He knows she won't see it the way he does. He hates that about her. He loves that about her."

because despite deep similarities in their love and loyalty and how they theorize on crimes and motives, they have more differences than similarities and always will have. And I like that about them and I think it's important.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Might be my last for the might but if so I will be back!

Well no, he wants it, more than anything. He wants everything the smile implies—the late nights, the hands, the hearts, the lips and body and breath. Her love. He wants her love. More than anything he's ever wanted. Second only to his daughter's happiness, he wants to hear her say she remembers. - I really love the rhythm of your words. It has this lilting quality to it that's so nice.

This is the woman who asked him to wait, who explained that day on the swings under the sun. When her cheeks were sallow. When you could practically see her ribs beneath a tank top. When she still curled inward at the sight of a gun. When she couldn't breathe right, couldn't look him in the eye and say she was okay.

So he gets it. He understands why she's waiting. - Heartbreaking. But I really love that.

They're drinking beer out of coffee mugs in the middle of the precinct. - Ha. There's something about that that I love.

One day soon—maybe not soon, but he's in love with her, it's hard to be pessimistic—she's going to say she remembers. Maybe she'll cry. Maybe she'll beg him to understand. Maybe she'll even say she loves him back. - Gorgeous.

Once she's done that, he'll have to tell her. He'll have to bring her into his office, her eyes full of hope, her smile so full, her body so close, there for him, there with him. He'll have to take her in there, when she's finally his, when she's said she's ready, she's whole, she's broken down the damn wall. - There is something so so nice about reading this now knowing that it's all out in the open and they're okay and happy and in love.

He hates that about her. He loves that about her. She's a mystery he'll never solve. - Seriously your writing in this. Ahhhhh. It's just so beautiful and rhythmic and makes me happy.

They've left brands on each other that can never be removed—white ink to a laser. - Love.

He caught her playing with them a few weeks ago. She didn't even blush, just shrugged and handed them over. - I can picture that so perfectly. I love it.

He's branded her desk, her life. In his better moments, he likes to think he's left his inky fingerprints on her soul. - Sorry. Now I'm just highlighting everything lol.

"Yeah, Castle. I'd miss you," she admits, her voice soft - Amazing.

I loved this piece so so so much.
null122331 chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Ah, angst, we meet again... This was great, I loved the ending; can totally picture it too. Good work.
claire st. marie chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Sweet. This was published in February. You are so insightful that at this point, the day of the 4x23...you seem to have written this from a psychic perspective. Love the last line, it's a real hook!
Cora Clavia chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
THIS MAKES ME SO SAD. IT HAS SO MANY FEELINGS. But you're right, you're right about all of it, I just...wish there weren't so much unavoidable pain in their future. Sigh.