Reviews for Ink That Brands
Wingsss chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Wow- this fic is all my hopes and fears about the rest of season 4... you have put their relationship out there so tactfully and eloquently. I especially love this "He doesn't want her forgiveness. He doesn't need it. He hasn't done anything wrong." You are so so so right. It was a joy to read.
HelenVanPattersonPatton chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Oh, Emma. I think this might be my favorite thing that you have ever written. What makes me love it, aside from just being beautifully composed, is how you took a plot so often written and made it new, completely in character, and absolutely heart wrenching. It gives me such conflicting hope and apprehension regarding this secret coming out like nothing before.
teelduo chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Beautiful
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
ok, you did it, you killed me. I'm dead. are you happy now?

because it's true. because he has to know that's true, right? that the closer she gets to being better, more, then the closer it gets to him having to tell her everything. shiiiiiip.
eesperas chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
How can your stories be always so perfect? And I feel like they are prophetic too!

Anyway... thank you so much! i wanna see more of those scens!

Amazingly captured characters!))))
someheartslove chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This was wonderful!

All these thoughts and he only saw her smile from his cellphone.

I love it how he thinks what will happen after he shows her his murder board.

Loved this one. Your one-shots are always so incredible.
Kasiliz chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Oh, my goodness, that was insightful. Poor Castle. Thank you very much for writing and posting this.
nicbec75 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Yes it would be easier if she didn't love him back, but the complexity is what makes Caskett oh so beautiful :D Loved this line: "Them is what he wants. He is nothing. She is everything" and also how Castle was freaking the boys out lol Awesome lil one shot :D
Topsy chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Author's Note: This popped into my head after I left a review for Peachy-x's "The Fall." Everyone should read it. It's fantastic. – I JUST read her chapter update. So that’s awesome.

He wants everything the smile implies—the late nights, the hands, the hearts, the lips and body and breath. Her love. He wants her love. – Awesome!

The day they found the body covered in cement and he asked if she remembered, and she paused, he knew. She's been lying. – Oh yeah, see, I think he does know. After that scene… and the way he looked at her… yeah, he knows. I’m interested to see what they do with it on the show.

He hates himself for it some days. He hates that he's waiting. Hates that he's let her do this to him. – Awwww.

They're drinking beer out of coffee mugs in the middle of the precinct. He rather thinks they should be ashamed of themselves, but he can't help but love that they're pulling the wool over Gates' eyes. – Hehe.

She's cracking. Something's happening to her wall. Something's changing her. Ever since the sniper case she's been better, fuller, whole. It's wonderful to see. He's missed the smiles and easy laughter. He never wants to see her eyes that hollow again, never wants to hear her crying, see her shaking. – I love this.

Once she's done that, he'll have to tell her. He'll have to bring her into his office, her eyes full of hope, her smile so full, her body so close, there for him, there with him. He'll have to take her in there, when she's finally his, when she's said she's ready, she's whole, she's broken down the damn wall. And then he'll have to tear her world apart. – Oh man, oh my goodness.

And if he doesn't destroy her, he sure as hell knows he's going to destroy himself. He's going to look her in the eye, see everything he's ever wanted, and break it. – Oh my gosshhhhh.

And every time she smiles like that, with her heart in her eyes, he dies a little inside, because it's just one step closer to the end of everything—to what could be the end of them, the beginning of him and her. – Poor guy.

He can't help thinking that maybe it would have been better if he'd never said it at all. Then she wouldn't have her secret, and she wouldn't be able to tell him. – Oh man.

There's a ring on her desk from his mug, and the train of sticky-notes he made yesterday is still there. She doesn't get rid of his things anymore. – Awesome.

"Because you're freaking the boys out," she replies. He turns to find the guys smirking at him. Traitors. "Go eat dinner with Alexis. If Gates sees you there without me, she'll find some way to kick you out." – This is awesome. 1) Because the boys texted Kate. 2) Because Kate called him back. All of it. So good.

It would be so much easier if she didn't love him back. – Oh mannnnnn.

This story was awesome. Seriously, so good. You hit the nail on the head, I thinK! :D
Luscinius chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Oh, the ending. So bitter sweet. She counters quip with truth, and he's just sad. Oh. :( haha
JeuxDeVagues chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Had to sit here for a while thinking about what to say, but yeah, you've got me.

"... he's left his inky fingerprints on her soul.

"Hers are everywhere, all over him..."

And the phone call.

So here's about all I can manage at the moment: This is gorgeous, moving, and at first I wondered because I saw the word count/scroll bar and though, "Hmm, Emma posted something short?" and then I read it and realized that your words are too beautiful for words.
Macahol84 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Wow this was perfect. I haven't seen something like this showing us Rick's side of the whole secret thing.
nnet974 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Gorgeous.
verticallimit379 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I would just like to honestly say that you are one of my favorite authors, possibly number 1. Not for your story lines (though those are amazing as well) but for the way you write them, for the grand amount of passion you put into the words and the visions you create with them. Each of your stories leaves me captivated and enthralled.
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Heartbreakingly, achingly true. For all of the forward progress that we've been yearning to see from Kate, there's an inverse retreat from Castle as he knows that his secret might tear them apart. sigh... I want them to be on the same page!
73 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »