Reviews for Ink That Brands
Lord of Kavaka chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
firstly... just wow... wow.

This hits straight to the heart of how Castle must be feeling right now and dreading what is to come, because we all know she's going to be so angry that he's been hiding that he's been hiding. And in typical Beckett fashion, she'll only see it from her point of view.

It's tragically sad, in a way, that these two characters love one another so much, yet the universe just doesn't seem to want them to be happy. It keeps throwing things at them that will tear them asunder and smash everything to pieces.

There is going to be a big emotional blow up at some point in the season... I just feel it. And this story totally gets it right on the nose as to what might potentially be running through Castle's mind.

Brilliant work, as always.

geekygreek chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Pure love and only love for this piece.

One thing though? "And it smarts. It does." :D I assume that was 'hurts' or then I'm learning something new about the english language. :D
demuredemeanor chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Amazing. Though.. In my head this continues. She's there when the doors to the elevator open.
Steve1961 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I have not read the story that this is based on but this is very interesting none the less. :-)

Imhereforthestory chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
You make me want to gasp and smile and cry and gasp again.

I spent the time reading this one with my hand on my heart, trying to remember to breathe and whispering 'no' to myself.

The way you have written this out is almost painful to read, but it is so real and you can't help but be sad.

I am going with the glass half full approach. I just have to...
nightlight's fire chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
This is the first story I've read on in about three weeks. Stupid amount of work to do. I'm glad it was the first story I read. It's light, it's nice. Nice ending line.
Megeen chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I hardly ever cry while reading a story, but you came very close to making me with this one.

So, thanks for writing this. It's incredibly well written and so beautifully subtely emotional, especially the change you put into the last line.
dtrekker chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
How can he wish she didn't love him?..then what's the point of looking after her? He cant always be there for her and if she cant trust him, there's no "them"...

The angst u managed to squeeze in this one still has me asking exactly these kind of questions...yelling at an invisible them to stop hurting each other and the idea of them by thinking way ahead and way out of line, and main question is still...why is he always hoping she admits she remembers...when the real question or reason to hope for is the fact that knowing he loves her, why hasn't she talked about it?...
muppet47 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Oh, I really liked this. Such a different take on Castle's perspective. And really fits in with this season, since recently it has almost seemed like Kate is the one more obviously in love, like Castle has pulled back some.

And that last line - my heart. Gah.
edd088 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Emma, this is really good, as always, I wish you could post something new everyday haha, I mean, I love to read what you write, but this part I really loved

"He's changed her. She's changed him. They've left brands on each other that can never be removed—white ink to a laser"
BlueTigress chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Wow, fantastic story!
Beetlebug chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Emma's at it again!

a little tune chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Awh. This broke my heart :( all the angst!
soulsinstarlight chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Ack! You just cut me to the heart, and I loved every second of it. Beautiful job, as always!
so-lovely-and-i chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
...I really wish I could insert a "MY EMOTIONS!" gif in this review. Sadly, this is not tumblr. Guh.
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »