Reviews for Room On Fire
Guest chapter 6 . 7/27/2014
This is a wonderful, lovely, fantastic story! I love the historical detail, and the atmosphere of the piece, how well rooted everything is. I love the descriptions, and all the characters recognizable and yet changed selves. I think this story is going to be especially devastating once Klaus and Caroline meet! Thank you for writing this.
flipped chapter 6 . 6/3/2014
just caught up to this. and gosh. it's been half a year.. i deeply hope you'll find inspiration to pick up this story again. i cannot wait to read klaus and caroline's meeting, and of course the 'story' after that.
flipped chapter 3 . 4/28/2014
i'm not complaining on that little carolijah moment actually. they're my ultimate crackship.
Hannah chapter 6 . 1/10/2014
i wanted to leave a review for chapter five (but then i couldn't, so i tried chapter four and i STILL COULDN'T) because ffnet said i'd already left one, which i don't remember doing, but whutevs whutevs here i am.

HERE I AM AT CHAPTER THREE AND I STILL CAN'T REVIEW, WHAT THE FUCK. ok

and now i can't even review on chapter six, now i know ffnet is tripping.

anyway

I AM SO MAD AT YOU. not for writing an utterly fabulous story filled with mink and mischief and the low tinkling of china as thunder rumbles overhead, but for all the TEASING. goddamn woman, it's been five chapters and thirty-something-thousand words and still you have yet to satisfy the animal cravings inside me for some klaroline mcloving.

caroline is amazing as always, but sometimes i want to shake her - she's dutiful and doting and "faithful!", and i say this in just as scandalized a state carol did (carol, who is fast becoming my fave forever btw), YOU ARE BLINDED BY THIS NEED TO BE A PERFECT WIFE, OPEN YOUR EYES U R SO SMOKIN HOT, IF DJ WILL NOT GIVE ME KLAROLINE INTERACTION YOU NEED TO GO OUT THERE AND FIND IT YOURSELF by god by jove by whatever else i don't know i just need you to write more and write klaroline and bumbling alaric and stefan - who is also really interesting, because where i last saw him a lifetime ago he was all meek and despaired and saintlike in his handle of Best Son Ever (slap him on a mug), all shocked at damon for wating to party it up with satan and take shots with lucifer and now he's completely at ease playing hopscotch and drinking games with his soldier buddies, and i totally love the dynamic between him and klaus. i also love: ELIJAH. it's impossible not to in every story you write, you write him like he is the one holding a candle to shed you some light as you feverishly write this story by quill, ink and parchment. he's amazing. he's posh spice, as you call it. he's just, gah, he's everything, and all i get are little snippets of him being totally sexy and NOW I NEED TO KNOW WHY ELENA WAS ALL BLUSHING IN THE EARLIER CHAPTERS UNGH.

but i am still so very mad at you; maybe an update would appease me.

peace out, bro ho.

-OH SHIT. I JUST SAW THERE'S CHAPTER SIX WHICH I HAVEN'T YET READ. HOLD THIS POODLE OF A REVIEW WHILE I REMEDY THIS, DJ. HOLD IT.

I AM SCREAMING. NOW I UNDERSTAND TYLER'S MOTIVATION FOR MARRYING CAROLINE. I JUST - YOU - DJ!

BUT EVEN AS I SIT HERE SCREAMING AT YOUR BRILLIANCE I AM SO MAD, SO. MAD. that there is still a lack of caroline and klaus, but now i kind of want to see tyler pawing at rebekah and rebekah being all affronted but all too willing to just give in the his wolf eyes and gah, i just.

also alaric. i love him so much i want to coddle him. i love you for what you have built out of him; and that note to damon, he might as well have said yo ima kill u tomorrow or else ima kill you when u least expect it, peace.

praying and weeping you'll update soon, because this fic is everything i didn't know i want (with the exception of klaroline. i've already known i'd wanted that. since chapter one. hint. hint. hint. hint. hint. macklewhat.)
oceanofoswald chapter 6 . 12/30/2013
Update. Now.
Please with a shirtless Klaus on top?
Brirey chapter 6 . 12/24/2013
Oh girl, this fic of yours is paradise! I LOVE au/ah and especially period stories. Everything so far is great, you write amazingly well, i adore the descriptions, the characters inner thoughts, the dialogues. I live for detailed stories like these, lol.
Im definitely hooked, until next time. Happy xmas ;)
MorningGloryBlue chapter 6 . 12/22/2013
And chapter 5!
There's some really lovely layering going on here, really enjoying the dynamic between Carol and Caroline and the way Caroline still feels like Caroline, even if Peters is a long way off from Mystic Falls. How Klaus is going get revenge on Tyler for, well, whatever happened with Rebekah doesn't feel like it's going to be pleasant. Also, I think your pacing is just fine regarding building up Caroline and Klaus' first meeting, only I would advise you not to wait too long, or else I fear you would loose the momentum you've gained by holding off on it. I keep on thinking that Klaus is going to pull a Bathsheba on Caroline, but feels too easy. Can't wait for another update!
-Blue (and I answered your PM btw!)
MorningGloryBlue chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
Hello!
I really like the behind the scenes feel to this scene between Katerina and Carol, that I feel adds some nice background to your first draft where we meet Katerina from Caroline's POV. Which, by the way, are you going to include any of those scenes? And I'm increasingly curious as to what Tyler's true motives where in marrying Caroline, particularly since it appears he and Rebekah had a thing going on, and since she and Caroline looks so much alike. I'm not sure anymore whether love was actually a factor. I can also see where you've worked on your sentence length; it feels more fluid to read. Nice job. :)
-Blue
thehybridmikaelson chapter 6 . 12/4/2013
An update yes!
Caroline will hopefully adjust well to St. Petersburg society! Nice reading from Damon's POV, and Klaus... Well, I wouldn't expect him to forgive or forget. Oh this is going to be good.
Avatard12 chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
WOAH...I think I danced with glee when I saw updates. I mean, I love Historical AUs in principle, and mixing with Russian novels...I'm so exited where it can go. My headcanoning brain is constantly imagining possibilities for other characters - where's Kol now? Will Matt and Rebekah meet? Will Elena be drawn in (again) to Salvatores and Elijah? How will Jeremy and Bonnie fit in? (I personally think the dolly/stiva/anna/governess opening plot of Anna Karenina could work well for a bonnie/jeremy/elena/anna plot if you wanted, but that's just me).
Excited for more Katerina, Caroline, and every character - I just DIE imagining costumes.
Anna chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
That was a great chapter. I know this is a slow build but I can't wait for Klaroline, because the summary for this fic kills me everytime I read it.
mscyanide chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Very good. I love this story, enjoy the premise and eagerly await the next chapter.
Dani chapter 5 . 11/20/2013
I love this story so much that I decided to read it again, only to realise that I missed the latest chapter, wich was perfect like the whole story is.
Now I'm just patiently waiting for KC to happen, and I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.
Anastasia Dreams chapter 5 . 11/8/2013
You did great. I am so glad you decided to continue to work on this story. It really is wonderful. I love all the little details. Especially any that pertain to Russian history or history in general. I took a lot of classes in college on both subjects and I love to read stories that utilize them. I also really enjoy how you phrase things. You have a very interesting voice.
thehybridmikaelson chapter 5 . 10/31/2013
Oh you did wonderful, this is so exciting and I can't believe this is back!