Reviews for Room On Fire
chillwithJyl chapter 7 . 11/19/2016
I AM SO HAPPY YOU UPDATED THIS OMG I CRIED HAHAHA
PaperAnimals chapter 7 . 11/18/2016
I have just realized one of the greatest feelings is getting a new chapter on a great fanfic you though was no longer active. I was actually going to start rereading this fic since I love the story, but getting to reread it and have a new chapter is amazing. Thank you for the update and your amazing writing.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/18/2016
Omg my favorite fic updated! Praise God! MJ
MorningGloryBlue chapter 7 . 11/17/2016
*checks email Wednesday evening*

*squints*

Is. Is that...? What I thiNK IT IS?

So. I read the chapter, then went back and reread everything again and to be honest, you are back and bettah than evah my friend. I think you did a great job with the editing, things flowed much better, (not that they didn't before!) but cutting down some of the more lengthy sentences really helped streamline things. I didn't have to pause and reread anything once, so kudos! However, in December 2013 I was but a high school senior so maybe (hopefully) I have improved too?

Anyways, probably my favorite part of the chapter was Damon's botched confrontation with Kathrine, "I might die" - "Then die." Oohf. Talk about an anvil to the face. I rarely have sympathy for Damon, but that was brutal! I LOVE IT. I still remember Room on Fire before you rewrote it (RIP) and this seems like another version of the scene where Kathrine, Stefan, and Damon (and Isobel? can't remember) were playing cards and Damon kissed Caroline in a corridor. I like this version much better. More tension and drama.

Further more, I CAN'T WAIT TILL KLAUS AND CAROLINE MEET. EEP! I'm so excited see the next update. But please, please don't worry about the whole updating thang. I love your author's notes, your ode to Rami Malek, and everything else you write. I'm so lucky I get to read your work. *hugs*

And on that note, have a fabulous day! 3

(In a slight side note, I picked up Deathless about a year ago, and I can see definitely see the similarities.)
Guest chapter 7 . 11/17/2016
Is this a dream?
Elelith chapter 7 . 11/17/2016
I'm glad this updated. I hope Klaus and Caroline interact soon!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/16/2016
Holy freaking crap. I thought this was a myth. I've re-read this fic a billion times without an update and finally. I'm so stoked. Way up feeling blessed. (Will be back. Just wanted to show my genuine love and support.)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/26/2016
Pllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeee update this!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
So desperate for an update.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/27/2014
This is a wonderful, lovely, fantastic story! I love the historical detail, and the atmosphere of the piece, how well rooted everything is. I love the descriptions, and all the characters recognizable and yet changed selves. I think this story is going to be especially devastating once Klaus and Caroline meet! Thank you for writing this.
flipped chapter 6 . 6/3/2014
just caught up to this. and gosh. it's been half a year.. i deeply hope you'll find inspiration to pick up this story again. i cannot wait to read klaus and caroline's meeting, and of course the 'story' after that.
flipped chapter 3 . 4/28/2014
i'm not complaining on that little carolijah moment actually. they're my ultimate crackship.
Hannah chapter 6 . 1/10/2014
i wanted to leave a review for chapter five (but then i couldn't, so i tried chapter four and i STILL COULDN'T) because ffnet said i'd already left one, which i don't remember doing, but whutevs whutevs here i am.

HERE I AM AT CHAPTER THREE AND I STILL CAN'T REVIEW, WHAT THE FUCK. ok

and now i can't even review on chapter six, now i know ffnet is tripping.

anyway

I AM SO MAD AT YOU. not for writing an utterly fabulous story filled with mink and mischief and the low tinkling of china as thunder rumbles overhead, but for all the TEASING. goddamn woman, it's been five chapters and thirty-something-thousand words and still you have yet to satisfy the animal cravings inside me for some klaroline mcloving.

caroline is amazing as always, but sometimes i want to shake her - she's dutiful and doting and "faithful!", and i say this in just as scandalized a state carol did (carol, who is fast becoming my fave forever btw), YOU ARE BLINDED BY THIS NEED TO BE A PERFECT WIFE, OPEN YOUR EYES U R SO SMOKIN HOT, IF DJ WILL NOT GIVE ME KLAROLINE INTERACTION YOU NEED TO GO OUT THERE AND FIND IT YOURSELF by god by jove by whatever else i don't know i just need you to write more and write klaroline and bumbling alaric and stefan - who is also really interesting, because where i last saw him a lifetime ago he was all meek and despaired and saintlike in his handle of Best Son Ever (slap him on a mug), all shocked at damon for wating to party it up with satan and take shots with lucifer and now he's completely at ease playing hopscotch and drinking games with his soldier buddies, and i totally love the dynamic between him and klaus. i also love: ELIJAH. it's impossible not to in every story you write, you write him like he is the one holding a candle to shed you some light as you feverishly write this story by quill, ink and parchment. he's amazing. he's posh spice, as you call it. he's just, gah, he's everything, and all i get are little snippets of him being totally sexy and NOW I NEED TO KNOW WHY ELENA WAS ALL BLUSHING IN THE EARLIER CHAPTERS UNGH.

but i am still so very mad at you; maybe an update would appease me.

peace out, bro ho.

-OH SHIT. I JUST SAW THERE'S CHAPTER SIX WHICH I HAVEN'T YET READ. HOLD THIS POODLE OF A REVIEW WHILE I REMEDY THIS, DJ. HOLD IT.

I AM SCREAMING. NOW I UNDERSTAND TYLER'S MOTIVATION FOR MARRYING CAROLINE. I JUST - YOU - DJ!

BUT EVEN AS I SIT HERE SCREAMING AT YOUR BRILLIANCE I AM SO MAD, SO. MAD. that there is still a lack of caroline and klaus, but now i kind of want to see tyler pawing at rebekah and rebekah being all affronted but all too willing to just give in the his wolf eyes and gah, i just.

also alaric. i love him so much i want to coddle him. i love you for what you have built out of him; and that note to damon, he might as well have said yo ima kill u tomorrow or else ima kill you when u least expect it, peace.

praying and weeping you'll update soon, because this fic is everything i didn't know i want (with the exception of klaroline. i've already known i'd wanted that. since chapter one. hint. hint. hint. hint. hint. macklewhat.)
oceanofoswald chapter 6 . 12/30/2013
Update. Now.
Please with a shirtless Klaus on top?
Brirey chapter 6 . 12/24/2013
Oh girl, this fic of yours is paradise! I LOVE au/ah and especially period stories. Everything so far is great, you write amazingly well, i adore the descriptions, the characters inner thoughts, the dialogues. I live for detailed stories like these, lol.
Im definitely hooked, until next time. Happy xmas ;)