Reviews for Not Your's To Keep
DelusionNyssa chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I was crying thru this whole story. This was a amazing story of the pair. It would have been wonderful if you could have done a piece on the first anniversary of his death to show how Parker came along.
terri8502 chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Losing anyone is hard, but losing a loved one to a slow degenerative must be one of the worst ways. I am sorry for your loss. This is a very moving story. Thank you for sharing, I hope it helps you heal.
lmiller19 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Thanks, that was so sweet but it made me cry. *pouts*
ShiroFlake chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Awesome job!
She is sunshine chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Alright, I'll admit that I'm a huge, huge lurker. I can't remember the last time I've posted a review, and that's horrible and sometimes I feel guilty about it, but that's not really the point. The point is, I've gone through like, a quarter of a box of tissues and the chocolate that was sitting on my night stand is now gone and I am absolutely and completely emotionally drained from reading this piece.

You write so simply yet vividly, and I really love the way you punctuate their thoughts with short declaritive sentences. But other than that, I was a sobbing puddle of mush, and it was so, awfully heart wrenchingly beautiful that I'm pretty sure I looked rather similar to Parker on the ground at the funeral when this was over.

I don't know why I read fics with major character death, since I can't even handle minor character death, and this one was so particularly keyed in on their emotions and I just, I can't even. Words won't happen.

If I'm ever in need of an emotional purge, I'll definitely be revisiting this story with a box of kleenex and a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked.
mfaerie32 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Damn...just wow. I cried so damn hard. Not only because you wrote a very good short, killing our boy Eliot, but because I, like you, know from experience, the devastation that ALS can bring. I agree that people need to donate to it, because like you said, there is no cure and that one drug barely helps. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jen
dorkiedits chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
All i can say is damn, you had me in tears by the middle. good job
Through Darkness chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
My god woman, are you trying to kill me? Seriously. Can we go back to Parker being blind? I could handle that. I'm not a crier - I didn't cry at the Notebook, any other John Sparks film, Ladder 49, or anything - just to illustrate to you how much of a crier I am not. And you had to pick ALS which has a special place for breaking my heart. So here I am, damn close to crying because this was so beautiful and so sad. Heart shattering and wonderful. The only thing I might've added would've been a line somewhere about how Eliot would've liked to be more physically affectionate with her and was unable to - though I suppose the bit about Parker dragging him back to bed vaguely covered it. Amazing piece - it makes me want to run back to my Eliot/Parker stuff despite the fact that it's 3AM and I have an exam in the morning. Excellent story.

Through Darkness and Light /x\
whimseyrhodes chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I hate this story. I really do, because you move me to such tears every time I read it. This is probably the best tearjerker that I have ever read, possibly so because it is so short, yet about as powerful as a nuclear grenade. I ache for you and the experience you had to go through with this, and the fact that you wrote such a haunting story, I hope, was a bit of a catharsis for you. Beautiful, simply beautiful.
Jesco123 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Since you mention you've written this out of experience: I am very, very sorry you had to go through this.

I usually avoid death!fic and I'm not sure why I read this, but despite the fact I actually cried, I'm glad I did.

It's a very sad and tragic story, but you've written it wonderfully.
saides chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
That was an awful lot of pain to take this early in the morning! Beautifully written and really appreciated.

Mercedes
whovian42 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Holy wow.

Blast you - made me cry big time! :-{

Brilliant, painful, and beautifully written.
AliasMarie chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
*sobs*
Rat chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
It's a beautifully written story, you translated your pain into it.
Bprice chapter 1 . 2/26/2012