Reviews for The Shattered One
Miravisu chapter 33 . 6/22
*applauds*
At first I was a bit baffled by the mpreg tag, but then.. what a funky ride!
*squees and wubs Cas and Dean, and Daniel!*

I just wish this also was posted on AO3 (although I did see a translation posted there), a lot easier to bookmark stuff in one place now that is what it is, and increases the chances for more to find their way to this fic :)
ElysiumPhoenix chapter 33 . 4/7
Oh my god! Fluffy Destiel is just everywhere! And I love it!
I don't usually read Destiel (this is actually the first) because my inner fangirl cries at the idea of not being with Dean, or Castiel. Or Sam, or Crowley, or...any of the other hot as hell SPN guys.
But this is a great read and I'm glad I clicked on it.
Laraqua chapter 33 . 3/24
Wow! Epic ending. Sappy note and all. The best thing about the whole thing is though you included the "tension" and "subtext" that makes the pairing great, you also never removed Dean's heterosexuality. Now don't get me wrong, I like Destiel pairings as much as the next fan, but not including it this time made the fiction feel more canonical, like it could be a real alternate history that could theoretically have ended up on DVD. And that's important to me in this case. It was so realistic, that not actually "Going there" with a romance just made the sweetness and sappiness greater because, well, they've only just started getting happy again in Season 10 that any option where there seems to be genuine joy is lovely.
Laraqua chapter 32 . 3/24
That was quite the uplifting scene. I feel positively warm inside.
Laraqua chapter 26 . 3/24
Wow, now things are certainly heating up ... Not every fanfic has the rise and fall of action down pat but this one does.

I feel terribly for Hannah though.
Laraqua chapter 24 . 3/24
This is really amazing. I can totally see why you got all of these rave reviews. I'm also blown away by all your clever inner narratives. This fanfic is not only good, but good enough to use in writing courses to represent how internal dialogue even works. I am incredibly amazed. So so so epic.
Laraqua chapter 16 . 3/19
You even managed to work in breast feeding without the strange factor.
Laraqua chapter 14 . 3/19
Okay, cool, so you went with what I'd assumed in that other chapter anyway. Shows me I should wait before reviewing! Really love the parental bond thing here. You so nailed their psychologies, no wonder your story is so well-reviewed. This has to be one of the best novels I've ever read.
Laraqua chapter 11 . 3/19
Hmm, one suggestion I'd make for this chapter is to have Castiel state that angel babies should be, well, angels, fully complete and capable, and that he's baby-like because of the human element. I'd thought that was there this was going, which seemed more logical to me than that the new angel would start as a helpless newborn in spontaneously generated flesh. I doubt most new angels had to be fed by mortals. Or does that come up in the next chapter?

Everything else is sheer brilliance!
Laraqua chapter 10 . 3/19
I like how it wasn't a sexy moment, just a desperately painful one. I also marvel at how you capture their dialogue better than the professional writers they actually pay to write their novels.
Laraqua chapter 7 . 3/18
Wow, this is really good. I honestly opened it for something stupid and funny to read, being as it's about mpreg and I'm prejudiced but I guess I should have trusted all those reviews. This is amazing and much better than most of the published Supernatural fiction which fails to capture the characters at all.
emmaroo chapter 4 . 3/7
if your looking for a destiel mpreg fic then i suggjest This is us.
Just figured I'd mention that this fic is awesome. Primarily because it takes what is usually an annoying, and completely illogical, concept and makes it not only logical, but also enjoyable, and incredibly palatable.
lll chapter 2 . 2/5
I love this fic so much, 2nd time reading it
YES YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES ITS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE! Okay. Done. Awesome job on the story! I was about ready to cry when Cas got caged and the brothers were gonna consent, and then Gabriel was like BAM! No way, bitches, Lucy needs some punishment! And then the END. HEAVEN YES. Oh please please PLEASE tell me you MIGHT consider drabbling in their new life... or just a sequel! If not thats totally cool cause it gives me room to daydream about it in math class. The thought counts.

So yeah. Kickass story. The fluffy warm waffles-strawberries- a hint of honey and whipped cream ending was PERFECT. It took me at least 10 minutes to stop internally squealing. Id give grammar advice... but I was entranced by the story. And Im a high schooler. So not a very reliable source.

I almost cried when I thought Cas was gonna die. Shoulda figured Dean wouldnt let him.

I love you so much for this. Granted I was almost set on despising you if Cas didnt live and you put Dean through losing a loved one AGAIN but its okay now.

Its AAAAAAAALLLLLLLL okay. Wonderful actually. Oreos, a warm fluffy blanket, and this story should be an official trio.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Im done ranting now. And that puts fangirling at 15 minutes.

Bye!