Reviews for The Birdcage
Hetabee chapter 15 . 10/5/2014
Haa... I'm still not over any of the chapters yet, so give me a second to articulate this properly. *breathes in, breathes out* Alright, now let me first say that I know nothing of the manga for Junjou so I'm obviously trusting that you know everything you wrote about quite well. Secondly, your characterization is commendable. I just love how you wrote everyone so in-character and finally, there's a humor story that actually makes me laugh out loud. That's a really hard thing to do for this stoic fangirl, so kudos to you! I think, and this is going to be off-topic for a second but, I think I remember a Sekaiichi fanfic of yours.

Uh... Always, is what it is called and I honest to god thought that Hisashi was a canon character that I never heard of before because he was in the manga, so I went searching around the internet for a bio until I found your dA page and realized that he wasn't. I was pleasantly surprised since usually OCs don't have such a full backstory. That's why I thought that it wasn't an OC (though I just should have read the preview message more carefully.. .)

But, to the point of this random rambling, you write such realistic reactions and situations with every story of yours I've read and I just wanted to tell you how amazing I find that. You actually take the time to rationalize a character's feelings and mix it with humor that's actually funny, unlike other stories that one minute they're fighting and the next chapter they're happy as can be. I really respect that and as a devoted Junjou and Sekaiichi fangirl, I wish there were more stories like yours in this community. Eh, a girl can dream...
Hetabee chapter 9 . 10/4/2014
I feel bad that this is the first chapter I reviewed of this, but oh my lord... This is too much! There are so many quotable scenes from this chapter alone that I can't pick a favorite. And Hiroki, that damn drunken devil, is trying to kill me with everything he says. And when Shinobu slipped Asazuki his phone... Ohmigod! A rare book?! That's a good one! XD I already knew your stories were hilarious, but this one just takes the cake for creativity and timing. In short, this is majorly awesome x3
The Glass of Milk chapter 10 . 10/4/2014
THIS. THIS. Is so funny I had to repeat this twice. Hiroki and his 'team death match' -.-' I do hope (not really) that those guards make it out alive. Reviewed at: Chapter 10
datclosetfangirl83 chapter 15 . 8/11/2014
OH MY FUCKING GOG

I have never read anything this beautiful... Thank You
Alana-kittychan chapter 15 . 6/29/2014
Oh good lord this is so awesome
Ino Death chapter 15 . 3/12/2014
:D XDDDD i laughed so hard at this. you have a talent for humor cx please keep up the good work
Ino Death chapter 10 . 3/12/2014
CX XDDDDDDD this is brilliant i love it.
Firediva0 chapter 15 . 3/12/2014
This was so cute! It was so funny!Misaki and Shinobu were so adorable. Those outfits oh don't get me started they were simply amazing! Ayumu and Shinobu were so way they were scared out of there lives was amazing! I hope you and Ceberus Revised forever live happily ever after!_
mouseter chapter 15 . 8/29/2013
I think I almost died from giggling too much. I've also perfected my maniacal laughter thanks to this fic. This was everything I never knew I wanted. Not even in my wildest dreams. But so what? Who needs boring dreams when I can have this!
Saisei84 chapter 15 . 6/4/2013
To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to like this when I read the description but figured, what the hell. I'm so glad I read it. I was laughing so much and could see this all playing out in my head. XD What I wouldn't give to see Nowaki in that getup. ; ) Great story! Going in my favs!
Uchiha Riddle chapter 15 . 3/22/2013
I had such a hard time muffling my laughter last night while reading this. Trust me, it's hard to read something this amazing and funny at 2am in the morning and not wake your mom whose sleeping beside you XD I must say that I felt the best part was Hiroki and Nowaki really, those two were amazing even though the story wasn't about them Keep up the great work! Now, I'm gonna go reread this story. Ciao!
barettachante chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
Loving this story! Hilarious! I can so see these two getting into this kind of trouble!
Don't Preach chapter 15 . 2/9/2013
I know that sometimes I don't want to review the last chapter because it means the fic is at and end and this certainly holds true for this piece.

How you managed to capture the pace, camp, and just sheer ferocious hilarity of the original birdcage films (I am including the French original here BTW) and insert the characters of JR into it... Much like your JR Harry Potter fic, is simply amazing. What a wonderful Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, this fic was.

Thank you for ending this piece with bringing some resolution to Ayumu's part of the story. Good to know his own ending contains some happiness. And even if Akihiko's motives are less than pure, it's nice to see Misaki have the chance for a friend. I imagine he could learn a lot more than a sexy shake of the hip from Ayumu.

Plus this opens up the opportunity for you to bring Ayumu back in another story sometime. *begging eyes*

Anyway... a long overdue congratulations on completing this piece. You are superb!
Don't Preach chapter 12 . 2/9/2013
How embarrassing, to have to retract my previous statement bout Akihiko leaving Misaki alone in his get up. It's been too long since I read this fic. His line about Japanese men and schoolgirls, however, was perfect. Hilarious.

I do love how you write your dominant Akihiko. Possessive and arrogant, yet, simultaneously tender and wickedly playful at times too.

The exchange between Akihiko and Shinobu in the car was also funny. A great interaction. I actually wish that there were more fics written with conversation between these two, as I think they have much in common.

And Hiroki's threat, I had completely forgotten that. The characters in the car were not the only ones rendered momentarily speechless. And kudos to you for sticking the word "penis" into a FF, it always strikes me funny as how avoidant fics are of its employment.

Your quiet, warm, and exhausted Nowaki is lovely. I really do like the way that you write him.

Okay... now off to review the last chapter of this feathered masterpiece.
Don't Preach chapter 11 . 2/9/2013
Hello Sweetheart,

So here I am again, spamming your mailbox. Going through my past missed reviews I was shocked to see that I had neglected to review chapters 11, 12, and 15 in either of my pennames, so I am here now to remedy this.

I have to say that it is a delight to re-read this fic with all its humor and craziness, a nice change in pace after finishing your latest Digamma chapter.

I know I have said this before, but I think that Ayumu is quite possibly my favorite of all your OC, Renaka coming it at a close second. I would love to see you write a fic for him and develop his character more fully.

Back to the Junjou cast, I love how you introduced Usami here and I have always had my suspicions that his clan could not be without certain ties. Great to see that actually articulated here.

My favorite line in this whole chapter had to be:" And although Akihiko had never (EVER) been one to bat for the ladies' team, he couldn't deny that he had the weirdest boner right now…" That just broke me up almost made me wish for a bit of Misaki cosplay, although I know that would task Akihiko's orientation immensely.

While your angry Hiroki gets to me at times, I have to say that your angry Hiroki in drag is hilarious. Makes my egoist loving heart feel guilty for enjoying it so much.

Ah what revelry this fic is! Thank you Flamingo for being both so wonderfully creative and transdressive...uh... I mean transgressive. You wicked humor is no less than amazing.