Reviews for Clash of Sovereigns
Glodfinde1 chapter 17 . 5/10
Great sttorry, shame you stoped writing it ... but well still one of the best merlin fics i had the pleasure of reading ... it was goot while it lasted
novelreader chapter 17 . 4/25
I like your story because it's interesting and you play in the dark side of the politics and fiefdom well.

Morgana is very impressive. I like how you write her, ambitious and while she still cares for others to a certain extent, yet in the end she only cares for herself. She's very treacherous even if she doesn't want to make Arthur an enemy, it just seems like she's trying to ruin his reputation even though her motives are otherwise. She's just using him. I like her and I don't like her at the same time. She's seems like a tyrant and to be honest, she's not my favourite character, but I think she's a perfect match for Merlin because she's the only one that could be a match for him in wits or otherwise. Right now she clearly has the advantage because our Merlin can be very naive and stupid in his selflessness. I find this Morgana very understandable though so I can't say I don''t like her.

I'm so glad someone revealed what happened to Gorlois, and you make Uther a straight up villianious tyrant and while he does have a human aspect to him, I don't find anything good about him. I mean the show kinda showed him as redeemable to the fact that he would put Arthur first. I prefer this Uther because it shows to Arthur who his father really is. And we get to see him finally wising up. It's kind of painful though, spoiled prat he is, to see his innocence wither away. He was more sheltered then Morgana apparently in this story apparently. In the show, Merlin spends a lot of time protecting him from all the hurt, but this hurt may wisen him up to be a great leader, eventually anyway.

The question is: whose going to end up being king/queen? In this story you set it up as Kilgarrah using Merlin as a method of distruction for mankind (kind of like an anti-christ? Funny how in some version they say that Merlin was born for that purpose until he is saved/redeemed by being baptized thus just giving him prophetic visions instead, and an insight of both evil and good, powers of both) and the Once and Future King was just rubbish, but are you going to follow both Arthurian legend and the show or are you going to make your own version and end it with Merlin and Morgana being King and Queen of Camelot, and magic among men ruling for all time, with sorcerers being the ruling power?

I think you did a pretty good job with Arthur and Gwen, I just don't like that you made kind of made them more stupider then how they are in the show, or maybe that's how Morgana views them. Merlin viewing them as such is odd, though who knows maybe Morgana is rubbing off of him. While it's believable that Arthur could be an idiot, he seriously couldn't catch the fact that his own manservant was using magic!? I don't think Gwen's such an... well I'm going to blame it on the fact that we don't see much of Gwen and only through Morgana's eyes..

I hope you update this story soon, I like it despite how ambiguous these characters are. It makes them all the more interesting, and it actually has a Game of Thrones feel to it without the nudity anyway lol XD
primnm chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
update the story pleasee
yosefcoleman chapter 17 . 7/24/2014
Please update story. I really want to see how this ends and for morgana to become queen.
Riy chapter 4 . 5/19/2014
Dam your Morgana is devious. She would fit right in with characters in Spartacus, game of thrones, tudors, etc. unlike those characters Morgana actually cares about her people instead of doing everything for the intrigue.
amr.hesham.184 chapter 17 . 3/9/2014
this the best story i read in fanfiction
MerlinEmrys chapter 17 . 1/1/2014
I Love this story! Please update!
Computer Stalker chapter 17 . 4/30/2013
So detailed and well-written! The plot has had me intrigued and I look very much reading more from you.
Guest chapter 17 . 4/17/2013
Really interesting politicking going on here! It's been a while since the last update though. Has the story been abandoned?
Sardonic Irony chapter 7 . 4/9/2013
Well, honestly, I really don't like Lancelot. I understand it when you mess with a character a bit, or even a lot but this Lancelot is almost not at all like canon Lancelot and it kinda reduces his... effectiveness... in that I mean that Lancelot in canon, and Lancelot in the legends, is very much in love with or interested in Gwen. Gwen is kind etc. yet here Lancelot is 'attracted to danger' and that kind of annoyed me. Yes he is a knight, and so fights to the death etc but that is not because 'he is attracted to danger' but rather because he is a moral person and feels the need to protect people. It just irritated me that Lancelot kind of just became a thrill-seeker. The whole thing about Lancelot was that he was so honourable and kind that he left Gwen and Arthur alone - this kind of defeats it and that really did irritate me because you could just change Lancelot's name because he is really just a person with a moral code (one that seems to be fairly lax here) . Essentially Lancelot does not even notice Morgana's existence in canon because they are so completely different and he is drawn to the kindness and morality of Gwen who he can identify with - changing him completely irked a little. Sorry, beyond that I like the fic :D
Sardonic Irony chapter 6 . 4/9/2013
Dear God, I just want Morgana to be a touch more likeable! At the minute she is just so... hateful. Hoping that if there are Merlin/Morgana themes they make her a better person and him less of an idiot.
Sardonic Irony chapter 5 . 4/9/2013
I can't decide about this fic. It's good on one level and yet parts of it I am sceptical about. The issue with writing something like this where everyone has their own plot is that you have to make sure that the reasoning behind every idea a person has is entirely correct at least from their perspective and in some cases I honestly don't think it has been. However, in other places, you have been more logical than the show with Nimueh's mark for example. Overall, it's good enough to keep me reading. :D
Sardonic Irony chapter 4 . 4/9/2013
This is well-written and I'm sure I'd love it but for the fact that I just don't buy your Merlin. Merlin in canon is an inherently good person which is why he saves Arthur, who he comes to like and so he begins to trust him. But the Morgana in here, he has no reason at all to trust, bar her helping him once, which doesn't seem to give him cause to dismiss Kilgharrah. Merlin is partially lost when he come to Camelot and meets the Great Dragon who he can identify with hugely. There is no reason for him to choose Morgana over the dragon, none at all, the only reason he does in canon is because Kigharrah doesn't really disparage Morgana until after she has fought in Ealdor with him etc. So I can't accept that. But other than that the rest of it is generally good.
Sardonic Irony chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
Hmmm... I'm getting a definate Game of Thrones insipration behind your ideas. Mormont and another clue I can't remember, and on top of that the sheer unlikeableness of most of the characters seriously suggests that some influence comes from there, hell even your summary sounds vaguley Game of Thrones-esque. Of course, I may be wrong, but that is certainly how it feels from here. Also, for the record, Uther wouldn't be able to do anything to Valiant if he killed Arthur. The tournemants in such times would always have been ideally finished when a competitor yielded or was in a situation which would nomally result in death yet killing your opponent was in no way forbidden - they're fighting with lethal weapons and accidents happen - there is no way in which to punish a knight who wins like that, even if he kills the crown prince - so that was an issue for me. Other than those points, I really did like it. It's certainly interesting. Well done.
Sardonic Irony chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
It's good. I kind of like how you twist the episode on its head, but I am glad that you are planning on deviating more in later chapters. Also, I found Kilgharrah slighly jarringly cruel when it comes to Merlin (Merlin is the last dragonlord surely Kilgharrah wants him to survive and prosper because any other dragons can never hatch without Merlin?)