Reviews for FIRESIDE CHAT
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Loved Picard and Q just having a quiet meal, both of them melancholy about the loss of the Enterprise. Mellow and enjoyable.
TFALokiwriter chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
Hahahaha, awww :) That exchange between Q and Picard was priceless
MaryChapel chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
Lovely, lovely ending. :) Thank you.
writerofprose chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This was awesome. I can't get enough of well-written P/Q stuff. This sentence I really loved: "Picard lifted his head and gave Q the kind of stare that had once sent newly-graduated ensigns scrambling for the lower decks of starships." Of course Q isn't intimidated by that stare, and I think he even gets a little pleasure at being given it - at the fact that Picard does scare people off but cannot scare off him. Even likes him, deep down. (I think Q likes being reminded of his power. His power over Picard, even better. That stare-down, that quiet moment, encapsulates that.)

Ha, I'm a P/Q character junkie! I love it when writing makes me realize stuff like this. Thanks for the great read.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I really enjoyed this chat between Q and Picard. They minced words as they always do, but it was nice how towards the end, they were able to have a very companionable conversation. Your story showed the many different sides to their relationship. (Also, I really enjoyed the little french pet names, and how Picard gets affronted about them towards the end!)

I really liked this line, for its poetic and truthful nature:

"You won't accept this placidity for too long. You won't ever settle for anything less than stars, Jean-Luc."