Reviews for Restoring Faith
fanfictionfan chapter 10 . 7/20/2012
i read this story after watching the first 3 episodes of season 3.. i sure liked your explanation of maura's parentage better than the show's.. it definitely explains why constance would call out 'patrick' after waking up in the hospital.. if she only met him during an art class, why would she call for him being only half conscious? and why would he even take the risk of visiting her in the hospital? i find the show's explanation extremely lacking in that department.. so, yeah.. if constance were maura's aunt, beside being her adoptive mother, it would make more sense since she would have had repetitive contact with him before the adoption.. and your explanation that she sent him pictures and letters over the years only makes it all more credible.. good writing!
gagaoverGA chapter 10 . 7/16/2012
undoubtedly an exceptional piece of work! i thoroughly enjoyed losing myself in the story, despite the rigorous workout my stomach and heart received while my emotions and thoughts were completely engaged. definitely worth being a neglectful mother for a few hours lol. as i mentioned in my PM, it had all the elements i look for in a story (and then some). aside from a few missing and misspelled words, this was extremely well-written, the brilliant plots/twists/situations effectively ensnaring the reader's attention. the build up was cleverly played out, a perfect balance of teasing that makes one crave for more yet leaves you pleasantly satisfied with where they're at at each stage of the relationship. thanks for a fantastic and enjoyable read! kudos to you!
Kushikii chapter 10 . 7/3/2012
I just haven't much to say.. Just have to laugh so damn about the ending.. The last shoutings from Maura are just too awesome *lmao*
Guest chapter 6 . 7/2/2012
"Ah," he said. "Not many people can call themselves royalty." He smiled, faintly. "My colleagues merely call me a 'Barterer of Bones.'" He raised his glass towards her, and she met his gesture with her own. "You win," he said with a smile, a gesture that seemed to crack through the hardness of his jaw, and Maura couldn't help but return it.

Great writing! This part was very sweet and smart! Your a natural :)
j9tigger chapter 10 . 6/26/2012
I just loved your handling of this entire story arc, and I can only hope that the actual writers are as consistent in character development. In fact the love making / fucking at the end was so intense, that I actually was tearing up at the beauty. Also, I stayed up late, skipping the new episode of R&I just to finish reading. I honestly am looking forward to reading more of your writing. Thank you for sharing your talent!
j9tigger chapter 9 . 6/26/2012
Holy crap - bad ass Maura Isles to the rescue! The whole scene in the hotel was weird though. There is still more to uncover, and I hope Jane goes to brunch with Maura and Emily.
j9tigger chapter 8 . 6/26/2012
Still a bit off balance with Hope/Emily. I think your portrayal was well done so far and spot on for Maura, but I still have an uneasy feeling about this whole thing - like another shoe has to drop...
j9tigger chapter 7 . 6/26/2012
Let me just say that I completely admire Jane's self control here, and I adore Angela. Philip's tone and words worry me a bit though.
j9tigger chapter 6 . 6/26/2012
Ok, this chapter left me unsettled and it felt disjointed. I'm thinking that was your intention.
j9tigger chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
Ok, I seriously love that Angela caught them and was only surprised that Maura is lesbian. I thought the self reference to The Sopranos was also a nice touch.
j9tigger chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
This was such an emotional roller coaster of a chapter, and not easy to digest, but I am still loving where you have been taking me, and can't wait to see this play out!
j9tigger chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
I like how this continues, the sharp words with Maura and her dad, the way Jane is just there for Maura, the cliffhanger even.
j9tigger chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
I am looking very forward to reading how this plays out. I like how you are tackling this entire situation, and I like your writing and pacing of story.
j9tigger chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I like where you started this and can't wait to see where you take it!
CharlieTheCAG chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
Really enjoyed this story! I prefer the direction the show went re: Paddy, but this was still really good. Wish I'd found it during the hiatus!
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »