Reviews for The Facing Side of the Coin
Guest chapter 8 . 8/5/2013
Please continue, the story is really interesting, I felt stumped when it hasn't followed through Loving it so far and waiting for the end.
The fox chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Ebony princess shut up and don't be such a bitching hipercrit . Whining brat .
DeceptivelyGood chapter 8 . 6/15/2012
WOW! More please! I'm lovin' it at the moment! Please fo some more!

Yuki River
Ebony Princess chapter 8 . 12/13/2007
This story is what doesn't make sense, and you call yourself a canon writer...heh.

First off, Irene isn't in DOA! Second, her and Ryu never got married. Can ninjas even marry people outside the clan?

Speaking of Irene, I really disprove of how you made her into this screaming, argumentative, overly melodramatic wife suspecting her husband of having an affair with her when he's not.

Another thing I disprove of is the ninjas being afraid of her, most specifically Ryu. Here is a guy who has slayed many furious and powerful demons in his time, yet he cowers before a woman much weaker than he is. It took the force of an undead demon to knock him out within minutes, yet an ordinary woman can do the same in mere seconds with a frying pan... I agree Irene is strong, but compared to the ninjas she's just an ordinary woman and shouldn't be punking them out the way she has.

Next, we have Kasumi being allowed to join them on a mission. Why would Ryu and Hayate be that dense to bring her along is beyond me. It seems they don't take her, an outlaw ninja, being around them can get themselves in trouble should the clan ever get wind of her accompanying them. I would think Hayate and Ryu would have gone it alone. I know it was said that it was cause Hayate felt she'd be safer with them, but I think it was more just you making an excuse to pair her with Hayate since you apparently adore the coupling so much.

Everything else is fine though. So kudos to you for that.
Ninhaya chapter 8 . 5/7/2006
Great detail, this is what I hope for in my fic. Anyway I personally prefer hayabusaxkasumi since I never liked Irene. she basically dissappeared after doa 1 instruction manual, but anyways thats just my personal taste. Otherwise great detail and great convos between the characters.
BelleDayNight chapter 8 . 5/7/2006
They really need to rethink that Shinobi code. Deterimental is what it is. Stupid stupid. Anyways, hope he finds his mom soon and she has an explanation!
BelleDayNight chapter 7 . 5/7/2006
That's the bad thing about writing for an ongoing series/genre. It's plot thickens and then you have to adapt your storyline to match. That is the challenge of fanfiction I suppose. You're doing a supurb job. I'm going to be depressed after I finish the next chapter and realize I'll have to wait for more to come later!
BelleDayNight chapter 6 . 5/7/2006
Haha...man...now Hayate is going to be sharing a room with Irene. This is just asking for trouble. I wonder of the undercurrent of it all. Wow...a two year break. I've done that on some of my stories. It's good that you were enthused enough to keep at writing!
BelleDayNight chapter 5 . 5/7/2006
You had them exchange bodies! Now THAT was certainly unexpected.
BelleDayNight chapter 4 . 5/7/2006
What a moving chapter! It was quite emotional. The love between Hayate and Kasumi...it's so intense. It's really hard to write fight scenes, I must say you are definitely one of the best at doing so!
BelleDayNight chapter 3 . 5/7/2006
Nice shot Kasumi! She is SO not going to die. Hayate needs to have more faith in her. However, I guess since she's only 17 in your story, there is reason to be worried!
BelleDayNight chapter 2 . 5/7/2006
Hmm...I wasn't very good at Ninja Gaiden. I still own the game, but haven't gotten very far in it. It's sad really. I thought Irene was dead. Ghost flames...rather cool. I enjoyed the firefly song moment. I think you have their personalities down to a t! Well...as much of their personalities as I've gathered from the game. _ You said the oxygen level was down to 15%. Isn't it normally 23%. I think so...I'll ask google later. )
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
I am so glad that I had this undeniable urge to read a DOA fiction today. And I'm even more glad to run across yours! This is my all-time favorite videogame, mostly because of the indepth characterization...specifically these three characters! I can't help but love the relationship between brother and sister. And Ryu is the character I like to play most on the game. Who doesn't love him? I must admit that I love the idea of pairing Ryu with Kasumi. However, with as well as this beginning chapter is written I can hope the rest are the same. If there are no pairings...that is fine, because their interactions are kept realistic. There's nothing I like more than an in-character fanfiction. I'll try to review, even though you don't care if you receive them. I would like to grace you with as much criticism/praise as you deserve. Also...it is great that you did the research for an actual beast and actual location of cave as opposed to making it up.
Thunderxtw chapter 7 . 4/11/2006
Ha ha. Irene was quite comical. I have to give her that. Who would have thought the great Shinobi Ryu could be stopped with a frying pan?

The conflict surrounding Hayate is interesting and we've seen how far he's willing to go just to set things right. The guy's really determined. He'd die just to let his sister live. Gotta admire someone for that.

And yes, it would be quite strange to have to get use to being a girl while you were a man in the very beginning. Don't know how I'd reacte if I were in that situation, but I wouldnt like it, thats for sure.

I'll read the next one later.

See ya.
Thunderxtw chapter 5 . 3/27/2006
Ha ha. Talk about a doing full 180. I didnt expect Hayate to be trapped inside Kasumi's body. Good twist ya pulled there. It must be a strange feeling waking up and finding out your no longer inside your own body, hee hee.

Couldnt blame Ryu for being a little cautious toward Hayate after he explained it to him. Not like some guy's gonna believe ya right off the bat anyway.

And lol at Irene. Seeing her reminds of me playing Ninja Gaiden back in the NES days. Ah, good times. She's got quite the temper when she sees Ryu with another girl.

Nice chapter, Kochan. I'll be reading for more later.