Reviews for Retribution
BM originally chapter 2 . 10/30/2013
I can't believe I never reviewed the second chapter on this! I am so sorry!

I did really like this very much, and the conclusion was sweet! I managed to get a copy of the show on DVD (of course also having to buy a player for region 3 DVDs) and finally got to see the last season that I had missed, and after watching the actual Son for A Son episode, I say I liked your storyline WAY better! The one in the actual series was really weak in its plot. I mean, it was an interesting idea, but I felt that their reasoning and execution really didn't make much sense. Your story is MUCH, much better!

I'm with one of the other reviewers, though - I am left wondering what happened with Stokes! If you ever decide to take up the pen again for this series, I'd love to see a sequel to this story! Did the troopers capture Stokes? And what of the others in the family? I think you had great potential in Evvie's character - I wonder if she might take revenge into her own hands where her father-in-law failed?

Anyway, you really had some great ideas that I think would have fit perfectly into the series, and this is just one of the many great ones you have! I'm so glad you chose to share them! :D
Jake chapter 2 . 12/16/2012
Great story! Very authentic to the series. I could easily picture this as an episode, which is all you can look for in a fan fiction. The only critique I have is how the Stokes issue was left unresolved. If you are finishined with the Stokes character, then perhaps offer some conclusion to the reader (ie: turned into troopers, Rob hunts down, etc..). If this is meant to be a hanging thread, then perhaps offer an extra line of dialogue to set the reader up for an anticipated conclusion down the road sometime at your choosing. (ie: "I'm afraid this isn't over yet. Stokes is still out there and he' s beant on avenging a son..". Just my 2 cents. Again, great story, look forward to reading more.
Aramirandme chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
I was in love with this story when I read it back in 99/00 and I still am.

Lovely work, hope you do more.
Mrs. Winterbottom chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Hey, what a great start! But Im a bit disappointed. Sorry! I was so excited because of a Rob/Matt-story... And then Collin again... *(
BM originally chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
a to be continued? I hate it when tv shows get you all into a story and then leave you hanging for a week! I won't be able to sleep tonight, now!

:D

I can see the hard work in this one, and it's very interesting! It's going to be hard to wait for the next part! Definitely different from the episode in the show, and I think this one is working out to make much more sense than the that one, too. Looking forward to more!