Reviews for Megatron's Legacy
pachysam chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Here are ideal stories I request you make:

1. One in which Sentinel Prime dwells on Earth. Either he survived Chicargo somehow, or it's an AU in which he never betrayed the Autobots. Either way, he would dwell as a kind of hermit in Africa like Megatron did. He can dwell in a tent thing or cave in Africa. He can be friends with animals and human-kids. Perhaps humans can play on him and tend to a few rusts.

2. One showing how Megatron thought of Sam leading up to the events of this story.
pachysam chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Good story.
Good how you set a lot of this on Africa. Africa is a favourite continent of mine... one I wish to go to.
The children were sweet.
I got a request. An AU in which Sentinel Prime survives and goes to Africa where he dwells among the animals and befriends them and the children.
Tyber Zahn chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I sometimes get the suspicion that Megatron is missing a certain piece of programming that gives him empathy. I haven't read the novel adaptation of the movie, but I think you just gave me a reason to. I for one think that they portrayed Starscream poorly in the movies, and that he was far better in Armada.
Kasumi Ga Hoole chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
great story.
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
While I'm happy Megs is dead from the movie, I was also happy with the ending of the novel. In the movie, it was indicated he wanted a truce more for his own ends: to get back control of the Decepticons and there I couldn't blame Optimus for not believing him, but the novel had his intentions as pure and willing to prove it to Optimus by offering him a free shot at killing him. Oh and the guy who killed Que IS dead: it was Barricade, NEST killed him in the fight with Shockwave. I think in the third movie Megatron CHANGED. He didn't seem as evil as in the first two. Maybe because of his injuries. Who knows. While he was still evil, he didn't commit any overtly evil acts unlike in the first two movies. He didn't attack any Autobots (I don't count Sentinel since he was a traitor) or kill any humans. The only one he went after was Sentinel and to be fair, EVERYONE wanted him dead at that point. He had Carly at his mercy and even when she angred him he didn't harm her. The most he did was threaten her, but before she angred him, he didn't really seem serious. I liked how he saved Optimus, but I liked it better how they fought Sentinel TOGETHER in the book rather than Megs just beating the crap out of him and Optimus finishing him off. Sentinel was so powerful in the movie, yet Megs easily beat him in his weakened state. Probably injured him pretty badly with those cannon blasts and that's why he was so easily beaten. At least Megs somewhat redeemed himself in the end by saving Optimus and helping to take down Sentinel. He helped ruin his own plan in a way. I always thought that he must have at least a little respect for Sam in the movies. Sam killed him which no one had ever been able to get close to doing before and he always seemed to want to deal with Sam personally. Maybe a little show of respect by dealing with Sam himself rather than delegating it. In the novel of the first movie he admitted that he admired Sam's courage on the building rather than asking him whether it was fear or courage that compelled him. Sam also killed his traitarous second-in-command. THAT probably would've gotten him some props from Megs if he knew about it. He DID seem to hate Screamer a lot.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Yo, Megaauthor here, back from work and open the internet to check my mail, and what do I have here? A fic based on Transformers Dark of the Moon.

Oh boy.

Seriously, Michael Bay Transformer movie was a total wash-up film; a single movie is enough to shook my head and think 'you know, if all the main decepticon member squad is dead, does that mean it is the last film?'. Nope, Michael Bay wants another film based on Transformer some time in the future. I mean, the entire decepticon cast is wipe out completely, their leader is dead, their sub commander, both Starscream and Shockwave is dead, who else will play the role of decepticon? *sign* sometimes a 9 year old who had watch transformer from Generation 1 to today's transformer cartoon can make an even better fic than Michael Bay, let me tell you that.

And I'm off the topic too! Geez.

So, Optimus Prime spare Megatron just like in the comics, the cartoon, hell, even the anime version of Transformer which Prime spare Megatron countless times. This is why transformers franchise live on; Optimus Prime's own selfless devotion to seek peace with his enemy is his number one priority, not outright kill its own kin when one of their kind is getting extinct each time one of them goes trigger happy. And to point this out even more, when Unicron attack Cybertron, who came to the rescue when all the Autobots lost? The Decepticons! They came in to lend a hand! Why? Its because its their home planet too! THAT'S WHY!

I've seen the Deviantart of Megatron; rather mindblowing moment that Megatron didn't 'squish them like a bug'. I'll say this though; it was a rather peaceful, yet awkward time.

In my opinion Soldier, the Hollywood film is all bullcrap for one could tell; how to make the movie more dramatic? Have the hero kill the main villain. How to make the evil look like an idiot? Have the villain gun pointing at the hero and rants all day long until the hero does something. How to shorten the novel to movie script? Cut the juicy part and take all the 'important' part only. How to attract more people to watch the next sequel movie? Have an cliffhanging ending without proper filter. How to make the story more interesting? Have a chick that SHOULDN'T involve and have a kissing scene (or to troll the audiance, have a very, very naughty scene).

Hollywood movies should follow the chinese movie, or the japanese movie where it actually makes sense. And instead of only 2 hour movie in 3D theater, take that same production value and extend it 2 more hours like the Japanese movie Space Battleship Yamato (which last for 3 and a half hour long!)

I'm sorry... I just need to rant that out.

Overall, the 'Megatron turn to a new leaf' thing is awesome. Short but at least this version doesn't straightaway brutally kill the villain and show it at the cinema up close and spell FATALITY to all of us.

I still hate Hollywood by the way

Kiwami no Sengoku chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Nice. Good job 'ere, mate. Just as everyone is capable of great evil, everyone is also capable of great kindness, even someone/somebot like Megatron.

The death of Megatron basically ruined the whole movie for me to be honest.

~Tendou Souji~
Random Reader chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Oh. My. Primus.

I think I love you.

I saw that drawing /ages/ ago on dA, and absolutely loved it. Now, you've gone and written a beautiful one-shot to go with the afore-mentioned piece of artwork, portraying everyone's favorite tyrant in a new light, one that I somehow always manage to write him with xD

I agree that the movies portrayed Megatron and the others /very/ poorly. It was like he didn't even have a personality. But, that's what fanfics are for, no?

I look forward to seeing more TF fics by you.